Baby Miller

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erasmus31

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me the complete title and author(s) of Baby Miller? Do a search for it on barnesandnoble.com is tough.

Also, anybody have any comments about the Lange book by Morgan/Murray?Mikhail???

Recommendations for books for a new MS IV doing his first rotation in anesthesia would be helpful. Books that can be read to look good on the floor/pimping would be best since I won't have to take any standardized tests.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

erasmus31 said:
Can anyone please tell me the complete title and author(s) of Baby Miller? Do a search for it on barnesandnoble.com is tough.

Also, anybody have any comments about the Lange book by Morgan/Murray?Mikhail???

Recommendations for books for a new MS IV doing his first rotation in anesthesia would be helpful. Books that can be read to look good on the floor/pimping would be best since I won't have to take any standardized tests.

Thanks in advance.

Might you mean Baby Barash? It's the "Handbook of Clinical Anesthsia" by Paul Barash, Bruce Cullen, and Robert Stoelting. I think the 4th edition just came out. Another good option is the Mass Gen anesthesia handbook. Can't recall the exact title.

I highly recommend Morgan and Mikhail as a sole-source text. It's paperback, easy to read, gives all the essentials without getting into pregnant ewe studies.

Members don't see this ad :)
erasmus31 said:

Thanks in advance.

Basics of Anesthesia

Anesthesia Secrets by Duke. Great presentation anesthesia concepts, although a bit choppy.

Crack open The ICU book and dig into it. Fluids, lytes, shock, resp/cardiac phys. Can't say enough positive things about it.

Faust's Anesthesiology Review is a very good resource as well but I wouldn't recommend purchasing it at this time. Take a look at it though in the anesthesia library.

Lange rocks but its too much for a one month rotation. You won't know where to start or what to focus on.