Back-to-back Interviews

Started by Pastamahn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pastamahn

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview already scheduled for the 28th, and I just received word I was invited to interview at my top school. It's in the same city and only a couple minutes from the already scheduled interview, but the earliest date available is the 29th, or the very next day. I'm torn between getting the earliest interview date possible and giving myself some time to breath between interviews. Does anyone have advice one way or another, or have prior experience to a situation such as this?
 
I personally would schedule for a later date, especially if its a top choice. If the next date is a week or two later, and its not a huge deal to travel to the area twice, I would opt for that.
Gives you some time to think about what went right/wrong with the first interview. Also, should the interview go poorly, I would be crazy stressed knowing I have an interview at my top choice the next day.
Either way, good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview already scheduled for the 28th, and I just received word I was invited to interview at my top school. It's in the same city and only a couple minutes from the already scheduled interview, but the earliest date available is the 29th, or the very next day. I'm torn between getting the earliest interview date possible and giving myself some time to breath between interviews. Does anyone have advice one way or another, or have prior experience to a situation such as this?
I have a few back to back, and I agree with raidarette - you would be in a interview mode!
 
Hmm I'll have to mull this over a bit, but thanks for the input! I think the only reason I'm wary of the back-to-back is because the second one would be my top school that I'm surprised I even got an interview at and really don't want to mess it up haha.
 
Hmm I'll have to mull this over a bit, but thanks for the input! I think the only reason I'm wary of the back-to-back is because the second one would be my top school that I'm surprised I even got an interview at and really don't want to mess it up haha.
If you push it off to a later date you could still end up being back-to-back again. Go for it. The day before will be like a dress rehearsal.