Back to basics WW again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dy played in their championships and a couple people who followed along started trying to push the terms here... lately a couple others have played games over there, too. It's slowly leaking. ;)

Ohhh that makes sense. I caught an 'IIOA' thrown around too last game, but luckily someone else had asked what it meant before I had to. I feel like a noob again. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

AM also still gives me pause. She claimed Monday morning that she was going to improve her posts to be less fluff and more content, but has not really done so this day cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
AM also still gives me pause. She claimed Monday morning that she was going to improve her posts to be less fluff and more content, but has not really done so this day cycle.

My posting amount hasn't increased, but I thought I was doing a better job on content. I've now been stating reasons for my votes (as opposed to older games) and questioning what doesn't make sense.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not saying, nor was I implying you were jumping on lynching me for me being me. I'm really not sure how I can defend that would satisfy you though, especially since you said earlier that if Zen is a wolf, you'll then lynch me and if she's not a wolf, you will then lynch me. I've been accused of not defending by some and rambling and being defensive by others. I've defended my play, I've given a breakdown of my thoughts on those currently playing. I voted for a wolf yesterday and gave my reasons, and many seem to be coming around to the idea that ski is sketch too, which was my d1 lynch. I don't believe STL honestly thought anything about me, but that's my opinion, and you seem to think 90% of those playing do think he saw something, which I think is an overestimate. Like I said to others earlier today, think if you were in my position and you knew you were village and people kept voting to lynch you 3 days in a row.
If Zen isn't a wolf I'll think about you. Probably still lynch you (if only because I said I would @LetItSnow :p) but it would come with a bit more thought. If Zen's a wolf, you're so a wolf, and if I'm still alive I'm going to spend the whole damn looonnngggg day cycle wishing we still had the vig to just off you.

I just know STL decently well I think and the way he was going on felt like genuine him. Nothing more than that, I could absolutely be wrong and he was just bull****ting, but that wasn't the vibe I got. And in any case, whether his "tell" is correct or not is a different story than whether he believed it.

Ski feels fairly village to me tbh. Definitely not one of my higher wolfy suspicions... but a lot of those will alter based on how you and Zen flip.

Unofficial lynch tally d3:
abnerrs 1
- DVMD
finn -
Zen 11 - trilt, Pippy, LIS, Dr. S, nessy, WZ, SAR, mmm, ally, Ski, Jil
Jil 8 - snowshoe, AM, Abnerrs, kc, serher, confusing, Coopah, Cyndia

20/22

If Zen isn't a wolf I'll think about you. Probably still lynch you (if only because I said I would @LetItSnow :p) but it would come with a bit more thought. If Zen's a wolf, you're so a wolf, and if I'm still alive I'm going to spend the whole damn looonnngggg day cycle wishing we still had the vig to just off you.

I just know STL decently well I think and the way he was going on felt like genuine him. Nothing more than that, I could absolutely be wrong and he was just bull****ting, but that wasn't the vibe I got. And in any case, whether his "tell" is correct or not is a different story than whether he believed it.

Ski feels fairly village to me tbh. Definitely not one of my higher wolfy suspicions... but a lot of those will alter based on how you and Zen flip.
Well I think zen is wolfy, soo... I guess I'm f'd as far as you are concerned. :( I can tell you his proposed "tell" is 100% not correct, whether or not you believe that is a different story too.

Just got back on. That would be plurality.

I'm really sorry for my play this game, everyone :(

Yes, I see that now... I held off on lynching earlier because I knew it was getting close to plurality but at 20 minutes to lynch closing anyways I was less worried about it. Especially since I may not be here at deadline to cast a vote.

If you still have more to say though you could still be defending.
I don't think the lynch closes automatically just because we hit plurality. Unless I just don't understand how that works.

Official lynch tally d3:
abnerrs 1
- DVMD
finn -
Zen 12 - trilt, Pippy, LIS, Dr. S, nessy, WZ, SAR, mmm, ally, Ski, Jil, Finn
Jil 8 - snowshoe, AM, Abnerrs, kc, serher, confusing, Coopah, Cyndia

21/22

check the votes please and no other posts. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed. Sorry if you're a villager, Jil, but you're going to be a distraction until we know for sure. Better to know for sure.

******* Lynch Jilary *******

Just woke up (again, yay snow day!) Could we try not to reach plurality before there is any discussion at all? I don't think that is helpful to the village.

Now I'm going to actually get out of bed. Hopefully you guys don't rush to plurality before I get back.

Woooaaahhh guys discussion is valuable. If we had just lynched jil yesterday on plurality we wouldn't have figured out zen. I have thoughts, please do not hit plurality before I finish morning appts.

Reactions: 2 users
Did Zen ever vote yesterday? If she did I missed it. Going to read back through her posts and get some thoughts from those, rereading through all of yesterday's lynch will probably have to wait until after my exam tomorrow...

Reactions: 1 user
Did Zen ever vote yesterday? If she did I missed it. Going to read back through her posts and get some thoughts from those, rereading through all of yesterday's lynch will probably have to wait until after my exam tomorrow...

According to the last tally, she didn't.

Yeah sorry, definitely did not mean to start a runaway train -- I just likely won't be on too much today & wanted to get something submitted early. Hitting the brakes:

****Unlynch jilary****

Although I read back through her posts and Zen's posts last night in parallel, and I'm more sketched out by Jil than I was before, so barring some compelling stuff, will likely be going back that way before lynch close tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

I'm definitely voting for Jil, but I'll hold off for discussion since plurality is so close.

Yeah sorry, definitely did not mean to start a runaway train -- I just likely won't be on too much today & wanted to get something submitted early. Hitting the brakes:

****Unlynch jilary****
The day cycles are still 36h so even if you were to not vote today, you'd still have tomorrow, which is after your physics midterm.

Woooaaahhh guys discussion is valuable. If we had just lynched jil yesterday on plurality we wouldn't have figured out zen. I have thoughts, please do not hit plurality before I finish morning appts.
Agree on this point.

I am wondering if @jil might care to clarify her reasoning for thinking that Zen was wolfy?

Other people I would like to look at hard today/tomorrow based on their post history/voting history (in descending order of sketchiness):

@WildZoo
@Coopah
@finnickthedog
@SnowshoeDog143
@HowConfusing
@Animal Midwife

Leaning pretty village for me:
kcoughli, Dr. S*, LIS, someone whose username rhymes with "krilt"

Middle of the road/marks in both columns:
Abnerrs, Nessie, SAR, 3M, Ally, Ski, Serher, Cyndia, (*Dr. S -- some of the more recent posts have been a little off-tone).

The day cycles are still 36h so even if you were to not vote today, you'd still have tomorrow, which is after your physics midterm.

Nope, midterm is next Tuesday. Today's my day off, so it's my big study day, and tomorrow I'm @ work 8-5:30 and at biochem class 6-9. (sorry, probs TMI about IRL, but anyway, that's why this might be a slightly lighter day cycle for me).

Doing this was better than paying attention in epidemiology

Reading quickly before leaving tonight, and unfortunately can't get back on before lynch close :(

unlynch cdo, lynch coop

If cdo has a power role, I don't want to lynch her just yet. I do want to hear what it is to get some idea of whether's she's attempting what STL had last game. I'm reading just noob language on raf's part. I'm more bugged about Coopah's post from the start of the day. She defended herself when pressed, but it's something that I'm surprised she didn't login through on her own.

I didn't fully understand what cdo posted after claiming she had a role - is she now saying that she's vanillager? If so, then she's back on my lynch list tomorrow.
This feels less like bussing and more like a wolf jumping from a villager lynch tht would later look bad to one that would look less bad. Made the vote 6-4 and new votes were trending away from cdo before STL switched back. So a mark in the village column for coop.

Helpful hint and second reminder:

Bold

or

****star****

lynch votes to make them stand out. I probably would've missed that you voted at all if not for you tagging me.

And, yes, I'm doing what you're accusing me of right now :p
Gave pippy like half a mark for this interaction. Doesn't feel wolf-wolf.

I see that @Jilary hasn't posted yet today. I'd like to hear from her before lynching her. Her individual posts leave me in more of a neutral read (didn't post much defense of play, but did end up providing lots of feels when questioned), but I'm leaning towards the wolves killing STL for feeling threatened. WIFOM, and I'd rather trigger that question than leave it sitting around and distracting me.

If anyone else is interested, my current wolf suspicions are serher (has sounded vague in posts), finnick (as LIS pointed out, has fought against others more than fighting for the wolves) and awesome (her tone's reminding me of Star WWars). Coopah hasn't done anything I've noticed since the weird day 1 post, so I'm calling that behavior differences and leaving it at that. I was suspicious of Dr. S, but I think that was because I wasn't used to their posting style. DVMD did well pushing raf, and I'm interpreting that as leaning villager for now. I think Abnerrs is just joking around.
Who wants to unpack this list of suspicions? I might try later.

I did want to note that Zen got in the sweet spot on that Jil vote (vote 4) before raf was really brought up, so more to add to the reasons to like Jil for lynch today.

:bang: Keep reading my posts...
This interaction with 3m also doesn't feel wolf-wolf, so a half mark in the village column there.

Other people I would like to look at hard today/tomorrow based on their post history/voting history (in descending order of sketchiness):

@WildZoo
@Coopah
@finnickthedog
@SnowshoeDog143
@HowConfusing
@Animal Midwife

Leaning pretty village for me:
kcoughli, Dr. S*, LIS, someone whose username rhymes with "krilt"

Middle of the road/marks in both columns:
Abnerrs, Nessie, SAR, 3M, Ally, Ski, Serher, Cyndia, (*Dr. S -- some of the more recent posts have been a little off-tone).

Nope, midterm is next Tuesday. Today's my day off, so it's my big study day, and tomorrow I'm @ work 8-5:30 and at biochem class 6-9. (sorry, probs TMI about IRL, but anyway, that's why this might be a slightly lighter day cycle for me).

I'm not getting any feels about Snowy or WZ, but I'm not very good at this (as evidenced by my voting history).

I definitely thought Zen was suspicious and I said so, but had more of a feeling on Jilary which is why I switched.

Dr. S is pretty village to me, that's just the way she posts, nothing has really changed to me.

Confusing I'm not really getting a read on, it's her(?) first game so I doubt I'd know one way or the other.

AM has been weirdly quiet, I wouldn't lynch her for it, but I would look at her strongly for it.

It would be nice if we could confirm that kc and Dr. S were blocked. I feel good about Dr. S, not sure about kc. Harder to coordinate deceptions that require group participation on the thread when you can't PM during the day though, so not going to dwell on the fancy play possibilities too much right now.

It would be nice if we could confirm that kc and Dr. S were blocked. I feel good about Dr. S, not sure about kc. Harder to coordinate deceptions that require group participation on the thread when you can't PM during the day though, so not going to dwell on the fancy play possibilities too much right now.
You guys have said docS posts weird so I'll take it. But the crap about "nobody posted at this time" and this morning the "I'm confident Zen was a wolf made me :eyebrow:

And try not to clog ww with my bitching but western wa sucks. It's raining cats and dogs and this desert rat don't like it.

If Jil is a wolf and Coop is a villager (which I think is likely on both points), kc looks pretty village to me, based on her D1 voting history. She moved off of coop and onto Jil at the end of D1 lynch. That final tally was close enough that Jil could have easily been the loser there.

Before I head out, I'll also say that I was a little surprised about DVMD turning up villager (and turning up dead). I wasn't sure how to read her, and had some slightly wolfy marks for her.

But, I do wonder if the move to kill DVMD was an attempt to pile some more suspicion onto Abnerrs, since DVMD was the only person to vote for lynching her yesterday. Would be a good way to try to steer lynch votes away from Jilary, if Jil is in fact a wolf. Of course, could also be exactly what it looks like (wolfy Abnerr taking out an accuser). As noted above, I don't have a good read on Abnerrs either way at this point.

Gave pippy like half a mark for this interaction. Doesn't feel wolf-wolf.

Thanks, I am just bad at instructions sometimes. On a personal note, I was pretty jazzed that Zen flipped wolf the next day -- my first catch from just doing post analysis! :cool: (ok, \end gloat).

You're very confident? What?
@LetItSnow, Yes, I was confident in casting my vote to lynch Zen and I will be happy to explain my reasoning.

Zen did not defend herself nor even try to explain sketchy comments she made on this thread. Instead, she was silent - although she was asked to explain, clarify, or justify, whatever, anything. I tagged Zen on several occasions in an effort to initiate conversation because I wanted to hear from her, plus I was questioning her sketchiness. In real time excuses and waffling-around-behavior on this thread does not matter to me.

My goal is to participate in discussions and to find wolves. Pure and simple.

Zen was non-responsive to my tags. She was given chances to respond on more than one occasion. This seemed very sketchy. She seemed to stumble around when confronted with questions about her sketchiness. For those reasons, I lynched Zen as soon as I was satisfied in my mind that she was a wolf; and I persisted in my belief that Zen was a wolf well before the end of the voting cycle.

To anyone who seems to be having problems reading my posts in this game, kindly tell me what you think I should do differently, okay? I am always happy to learn from others ... no worries ... and thank you.
It was mostly me being unsure wwhy you were confused about no one posting as it was stated by mods that the thread was locked. And your "confident Zen was a wolf" after results had been posted already. Those just seemed kinda weird to me.