Back to basics WW again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lynch Zen

Members don't see this ad.

Re:WIFOM - yah, always I suppose, but I try not to stress about it.

Re: Zen - this post. If Zen flips wolf, read that as someone who knows Jil is a wolf and working off that knowledge. Maaaaaybe not 100%, but like 95%+?
Looked back, it would be a lot of twisty thinking for the WIFOM side. With your theory in mind...some things make sense and I like it.

Gotchu on the link to Jil as well, thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
To everyone still on me:

I have defended my play, specifically why it was bad yesterday. I haven't felt this bad about the theory since the crazy "dark creatures" thing in Fantastic Beasts WW. I admit I don't have other good play points to show.

Meh.

As I said, I'm busy. I reached the point this weekend where I got headaches from staring at my computer - never had that before, and I'm not enjoying the experience, but I still need to get on here and study. Extra energy, when available, has be used on this game.

More meh (I am sorry about the headaches, though - I <hate> them.)

I'm the villager blocker
. This is the only reason I'm still fighting now.

Hmm.

I'm pretty sure asking to get withdrawn from the game is more likely to receive a mod kill than a replacement.

I don't know why you'd say this. It seems REALLY sketchy. A more rational approach would be to say (or lie and say) "I asked Dy, she said she'd mod kill me rather than replace" or "I asked Dy, she said she'd replace me." To just make that assumption .... I don't get why you'd do that.

Blocked kc night one (highest suspicion was Coopah, but I felt like the only one pushing her on thread and didn't want her figuring out that I was blocker

Why would Coopah think that? Why wouldn't they just assume the blocker picked up on your suspicions and (quietly) agreed with you?

All in all, that was a lot of meh. Definitely might be a villager, but this post wasn't convincing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like that's adequate, enough for me to

Unlynch Zen, lynch Jilary

I don't have anything concrete on Zen, just a couple of people and feels for weird posting. Jilary I feel has been rambling a bit, which while is not quite wolfy, because I have done that as well, is rather defensive. Zen is still suspicious to me, so I don't mind if others still want that lynch. I just feel stronger about the Jilary lynch right now.

If Jilary goes down village, I'm coming back with a Coopah lynch in the nearish future.

I don't buy blocking Doc-S because her posting style felt weird. If you look at the Noob Circus game, that's just literally how she always posts. Yes, it confused many of us, and we did eventually lynch her for it. And she was a villager.

I think Doc-S just has a very different way of seeing/thinking about the game haha

More importantly to me, Doc-S has been pretty steadily trying to evaluate and contribute. Moreso than most wolves - especially new wolves.

I mean, man, I've been majorly bamboozled before, but I really don't see Doc-S being a wolf. An original wolf, anyway.

Requested.

And c'mon - the rotation is almost over. You can't be that concerned about necropsy reports by now. Whip it out, 10 minutes, call it good.
It's been 3 1/2 weeks of necropsy but last nights cases were... complicated. Trumpeter swan with all the problems.

Finn - people were bringing her up yesterday and when I skimmed through some of her posts I could see what they were saying. A lot of "woe is me, I just play bad and have no ideas about things" comments, which struck me as a smidge over the top. (no offense Peter <3) So she got pushed into the wolfy feels zone.

nessy - honestly forgot she was playing. Someone mentioned her saying the same thing and I had a deer in headlights moment. I remember the last game felt similar with her super UTR playstyle and moved her from neutral to wolf-leaning in my feelsdar.

Coop - earlier I defended her a bit mostly because I know she's been dying early and is a newer player. Reading her posts though I'm not sure what it is exactly but a lot of them just feel, off? Not sure how to describe it exactly without going through and analyzing them (which I don't have the time for right this second) but yeah. Moved into wolf-leaning territory.

Ugh there is a lot of posts in this game so far! I'm sorry I haven't contributed today, I made it about halfway reading and making notes on people, but I need to finish before I can weigh in on this zen v. jilary thing. I just read the last two pages but I'm a little confused and definitely missing things. I'll be done for the day at like 430 and then I'll hurry and finish reading and post my thoughts!

I don't buy blocking Doc-S because her posting style felt weird. If you look at the Noob Circus game, that's just literally how she always posts. Yes, it confused many of us, and we did eventually lynch her for it. And she was a villager.

I think Doc-S just has a very different way of seeing/thinking about the game haha
Yep. She's a lot like Ceke - kind of over-the-top and verbose. I actually thought the Noob Circus was all role-related flair, but no.

Reactions: 1 users
nessy - honestly forgot she was playing. Someone mentioned her saying the same thing and I had a deer in headlights moment. I remember the last game felt similar with her super UTR playstyle and moved her from neutral to wolf-leaning in my feelsdar.

Feel like Ann in Arrested Development with how much you guys say I'm flying under the radar :laugh:

giphy.gif

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Blocked kc night one (highest suspicion was Coopah
Saturday at 7:30, Coopah (your "highest suspicion") was tied with cdo for lynch leader, and that tie was created by kc. kc's waffle to Jil and Coop's self-preservation waffle to cdo were the only things that kept Coop from being tied for the lead at lynch close. If Coop is a wolf (per your suspicion), kc is looking pretty village to me.

I'm just saying it seems very over-the-top suspicious, almost like it's trying to distract from somebody else desperately.
Actually I think I get it but still would like you to explain in your own words

Looking back at voting history, and in light of the choice of blocker targets, I will

***** lynch Zen ******

Unofficial lynch tally d3:
abnerrs 1
- DVMD
finn -
Zen 10 - trilt, Coopah, Pippy, LIS, Dr. S, nessy, WZ, SAR, mmm, ally
Jil 6 - snowshoe, AM, Abnerrs, kc, serher, confusing

17/22

Check your votes, we're close to plurality if this is accurate.

Zen's statement almost seems desperate to be sketchy with all its sketchiness. That makes me want to
Lynch jilary
Because the votes are close between these two players at the moment. Jilary is at high risk for being lynched, none of the others are as close.

Are you saying that you think Zen is village? Because I am also confused.

SORRY I made a mistake

Unofficial lynch tally d3:
abnerrs 1
- DVMD
finn -
Zen 9 - trilt, Pippy, LIS, Dr. S, nessy, WZ, SAR, mmm, ally
Jil 7 - snowshoe, AM, Abnerrs, kc, serher, confusing, Coopah

17/22

Check your votes, we're close to plurality if this is accurate.

Finn - people were bringing her up yesterday and when I skimmed through some of her posts I could see what they were saying. A lot of "woe is me, I just play bad and have no ideas about things" comments, which struck me as a smidge over the top. (no offense Peter <3) So she got pushed into the wolfy feels zone.

Meh. Only one of those comments was actually about me playing bad. The rest were about me playing quieter which I don't think is necessarily bad.
If people quit acting like my normal play style was out of the ordinary, I'd quit talking about it. But what do you expect me to talk about when that's the reason so many people are apparently finding me sketchy and my name keeps coming up? Like, if you think I'm sketch for some reason cool... but it shouldn't be because I've quiet/contributing minimally when that happens every game. If I suddenly was contributing a lot at the start of a game I'm sure people would find that sketch too because it would be abnormal for me.

Anyways...

I'm leaning toward lynching Zen because I agree that the block choices were odd.
Could also go in the direction of Jil but I think I need to go back and look at some of her posts again.
Will hold off on lynching at the moment since it appears we're close to plurality now and I'm leaning toward Zen.

More directly, I think zensing might be trying to protect jilary from being lynched, that perhaps they're both wolves and jilary might have a power or something.
Nope. I agree with Trilt that Jil is the sacrificial wolf. Zen voted for her on Day 2, before raf really picked up steam.

More directly, I think zensing might be trying to protect jilary from being lynched, that perhaps they're both wolves and jilary might have a power or something.
But I do understand what you're saying now, thank you. :)

I thought this was what you were getting at. Maybe. Anything is possible, really.

Sorry to quote you twice but I don't know if I should find this odd. I can't decide if you're being genuine.

See, in the R&M game you made a couple of references to the Pevensie days. You turned out to be a wolf.

Maybe you're actually being genuine this time, but I'm definitely looking at you now.

Yep. She's a lot like Ceke - kind of over-the-top and verbose. I actually thought the Noob Circus was all role-related flair, but no.
Ally, your statement has no substance; and it seems sketchy to me.

I have made over 45 posts on this Basic thread at this time. I have been posting more often than a lot of the other players in this game. Plus, I have been encouraging and seeking conversation in connection with many different players on this thread; and I have been trying to find wolves.

Kindly feel free to point all of my posts that are "over-the-top and verbose?"

[In the noob Circus thread (and as everyone is well aware of by now): I thought I was supposed to "pretend" that I was a Human owl and hoot because I was assigned a role that simply said "Human Owl." I had never even heard about WW, nor mafia games before then; and no one told me what I was supposed to do with my role in that game. So, I learned from that mistake. Since then, many people have enjoyed teasing me about my hooting and human owl noob mistake. I understand the teasing though ... no worries. It's okay.]

I feel like that's adequate, enough for me to

Unlynch Zen, lynch Jilary

I don't have anything concrete on Zen, just a couple of people and feels for weird posting. Jilary I feel has been rambling a bit, which while is not quite wolfy, because I have done that as well, is rather defensive. Zen is still suspicious to me, so I don't mind if others still want that lynch. I just feel stronger about the Jilary lynch right now.
For the first year that I played, maybe even longer than that, I was constantly being lynched and under scrutiny, and I would almost always (maybe for real always) ramble and get defensive. I get angry when being lynched as a villager. I'm irritated that I'm on d3 of defending myself. It gets old fast, especially when STL was full of crap. I was legit excited about the Pokémon game because it was finally a game where I knew and understood the source material. I even play Pokémon go now while walking to and from school, I didn't see the need to contain that enthusiasm because I would have said they same thing no matter what role I was assigned (even if it was pidgey). I skimmed the wolf chat the other day and didn't see anything where STL called me out for that enthusiasm. It's possible I missed it since trilt claimed above that he did. I've been enthusiastic about other games too. I know it doesn't mean anything other than honestly looking forward to a game.

And I get it, I'm rambling again. I'm on my phone and sometimes I don't realize how much I've typed, and I totally word vomit. It's just who I am.

You know that I'm usually one of the last people to just jump on the bs "lynch jilary cause jilary" stuff early on and that's probably a reason I wasn't really feeling it d1 with STL. Probably also part of why I like the Zen first approach. But your defenses and responses this time have really not sold me on you unfortunately.

Sorry to quote you twice but I don't know if I should find this odd. I can't decide if you're being genuine.

See, in the R&M game you made a couple of references to the Pevensie days. You turned out to be a wolf.

Maybe you're actually being genuine this time, but I'm definitely looking at you now.
Just mentioned it because after writing up my feels about you I remembered we were just chatting about our relationship on Rabb.it so felt briefly guilty for having wolf feels.

The Zen thing feels... I honestly don't know. No intention of confirming or denying the D1 block of me, and personally I find it an exceptionally strange and wolfy move, but of course I am biased. First instinct was to switch from Jil to Zen because it felt SUPER suspicious, but as we're close to plurality there I'll leave it until I get home later.

Just mentioned it because after writing up my feels about you I remembered we were just chatting about our relationship on Rabb.it so felt briefly guilty for having wolf feels.

Yes, the fact that we recently chatted about it is why I feel it may have been genuine this time. But I'm just not sure and I felt it stood out.

This may be the noob in me but what is the advantage of not confirming or denying? That sounds odd to me, but I may just not understand the strategy
If I had an ability that would be blocked, I'd definitely know if I had been blocked. If I didn't have an ability that would be blocked, I may or may not know if I'd been blocked (depends on the mod and if I recall correctly, dy tends to share less of that type of info). Confirming or denying could reveal whether or not I had an ability or was trying to use an ability or not on n1 and I just see no reason to give that information to the wolves.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Last option, not mentioned but possible, is that wolves did block stl n1 and kc is a wolf covering for that action. But that is very tin foil-y. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Holy ****. Busy day. Saw ponies and horses and baby goats and chickens oh my.

I'm ok with where my vote is today. I think. The more I think about it the more I think Zen is lying. Isn't the jailer a blocker? Why would we have 2?

I'll finish up here at the hospital and think about it.

Ally, your statement has no substance; and it seems sketchy to me.

Kindly feel free to point all of my posts that are "over-the-top and verbose?"

Literally all of them. For instance, my synopsis above contains all the relevant content and is like 20% as long. ;)

In any case, you seem to have missed that I was defending your play as normal for you in my sketchy, substance-free comment.

Thanks Snowshoe!

Also.. I am FINALLY caught up, hallelujah! It means I can be a contributing, useful member of [an online ww] society for once.

Here are my general thoughts:
I am perfectly happy with both Zen and Jilary being up for lynch. I honestly could not make sense of why STL would be killed that night until I saw the theory that the wolves maybe suspected he was a seer based on how hard he was pushing for Jil, if Jil was indeed a wolf. Knowing now that STL was a neutral, I strongly agree with Trilt's opinion that he may have genuinely believed 'the tell' thats why he was pursuing Jilary so hard (and maybe he was actually right for once!). I haven't played with STL in a while so it looks like he's actually improved at catching wolves, because from what I remember when he first started playing was that he would pursue crazy theories with a similar intensity but was wrong about 80% of the time. Drove me insane then, and will probably still drive me insane now since I hate when people clutch at straws but act as if it's verified information. However, I'll eat my words and not complain about it ever again (for a little while..) if it turns out STL was right this time, lol.

Zensing's role reveal sounds sketchy to me too - I agree those were dumb blocking choices. Fine, I could maybe see going after kcough night one - she wasn't necessarily giving me any feels early on, but maybe zen read into it more or just didn't feel more strongly about anyone else. However, going after DrS the next night seems too implausible, particularly with how much happened on the thread that day.

So I'm happy with either lynch, though I'm honestly probably a little more interested in lynching Jilary first, because if she flips wolf, that would really help more definitely knock some of my views on people around based off of the lynch tallies when it was down to the wire between her and raf. Zensing getting lynched and flipping wolf would also help me adjust a lot of my opinions, but I think I'd get a little more out of Jilary going first.

So *******lynch Jilary*******

You know that I'm usually one of the last people to just jump on the bs "lynch jilary cause jilary" stuff early on and that's probably a reason I wasn't really feeling it d1 with STL. Probably also part of why I like the Zen first approach. But your defenses and responses this time have really not sold me on you unfortunately.
I'm not saying, nor was I implying you were jumping on lynching me for me being me. I'm really not sure how I can defend that would satisfy you though, especially since you said earlier that if Zen is a wolf, you'll then lynch me and if she's not a wolf, you will then lynch me. I've been accused of not defending by some and rambling and being defensive by others. I've defended my play, I've given a breakdown of my thoughts on those currently playing. I voted for a wolf yesterday and gave my reasons, and many seem to be coming around to the idea that ski is sketch too, which was my d1 lynch. I don't believe STL honestly thought anything about me, but that's my opinion, and you seem to think 90% of those playing do think he saw something, which I think is an overestimate. Like I said to others earlier today, think if you were in my position and you knew you were village and people kept voting to lynch you 3 days in a row.

OKAY. So I finally caught up. Somehow I missed a notification yesterday and then came back to like 4 pages when I checked after work today.

Zen revealing she's the village blocker kinda seems sketch to me since she revealed at like 11 am or so(?) when cdo got yelled at/told off by multiple people for revealing a few hours to close. I also don't really like her blocking choices. There were many more people who were up for lynch or multiple people were suspicious of who better targets for a villager to block than KC and DrS. Her reasoning for blocking DrS was that her posting style was weird, which it always has been and she knows this because as Trilt mentioned, she was a mentor in the noob game, so I don't like her reasoning for blocking DrS.

Jil does concern me too especially with her off the wall theory about why STL was pushing for her. I would still like to know if STL was right about her though, but I think I’d rather vote Zen today.

Lynch Zen

Checked the lynch tally, and my vote does not make it plurality, so I'm going to go ahead and

Lynch zen

Blocking DrS makes no sense to me, I was in the mentor chat too, we talked about her unique posting style, it shouldn't have been a surprise here. Being quiet to protect STL because she thought he was the cop also makes no sense
(unless she was worried he would pick up on her wolfiness, that makes more sense).

Also as an aside.. dang you guys have really picked up a lot of technical WW lingo in the last year. I need to up my game and spend some time in mafia universe apparently. :oops:
Dy played in their championships and a couple people who followed along started trying to push the terms here... lately a couple others have played games over there, too. It's slowly leaking. ;)