MD Background Check for Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Detailsmatter

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So we got an email about setting up the background check before we start rotations and they said it was gonna be $245 that we gotta pay. Seems like they’ll increase our loans if need the extra money but idk this seems so expensive to me. At other schools do ppl pay for these background checks and are they this expensive? It also seems to be separate from o background check for the VA so I’m guessing this for our county hospital and the university’s hospital

Members don't see this ad.

That is way more than I would be willing to pay for a rotating unless it was my dream program.

Is it your dream program? If so, $245 is a pittance.

If not, that is a huge waste of money and you can easily find a better rotation.

That is way more than I would be willing to pay for a rotating unless it was my dream program.

Is it your dream program? If so, $245 is a pittance.

If not, that is a huge waste of money and you can easily find a better rotation.
lol I wish this was the case. this is just for our 3rd year rotations for MS3

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Where do you go to school?

I'm not at a top tier program by any means, but my M3 year didn't cost me anything beyond tuition.
Miami Miller. I had never heard of anyone paying for these background checks much less having it be so expensive

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Wait until you’re taking tour specialty boards and you have to pay $2k just for the privilege of registering for the exam.

Reactions: 1 users