Background check won't clear? COVID delays.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mwsapphire

Office of the medical examiner.
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm about to start DO school. I submitted my complete background check as soon as it was made available for ( my wave of) accepted students to fill out and submit. This was 7 weeks ago. It still has not cleared. I mentioned it to my school twice, both times they said that they saw me submit it,it just hasn't been cleared. ( I got accepted in early June, and like a week later the background check link was sent to me to fill out and submit.)

I finally contacted the background check agency and they said there have been holds due to COVID ( court systems? Something like that?), nothing that I did. I did not go back to the school with this info, but if they ask me I will relay that I have contacted them and they have hold ups on their own end.

What the heck should I do? I've had a couple of CBC's for volunteer positions/jobs done before, I know I'm squeeky clean, I just can't get this one to clear due to COVID. It's really stressing me out. What should I do? What's gonna happen? I won't be denied starting because of this....will I?

Anybody else having the same issue? I'm originally from MA, by the way.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I'm about to start DO school. I submitted my complete background check as soon as it was made available for ( my wave of) accepted students to fill out and submit. This was 7 weeks ago. It still has not cleared. I mentioned it to my school twice, both times they said that they saw me submit it,it just hasn't been cleared. ( I got accepted in early June, and like a week later the background check link was sent to me to fill out and submit.)

I finally contacted the background check agency and they said there have been holds due to COVID ( court systems? Something like that?), nothing that I did. I did not go back to the school with this info, but if they ask me I will relay that I have contacted them and they have hold ups on their own end.

What the heck should I do? I've had a couple of CBC's for volunteer positions/jobs done before, I know I'm squeeky clean, I just can't get this one to clear due to COVID. It's really stressing me out. What should I do? What's gonna happen? I won't be denied starting because of this....will I?

Anybody else having the same issue? I'm originally from MA, by the way.

I highly doubt a school will take away your seat for something you didn't have control over. Notify your school immediately about the delay in processing, I'm sure they'll work something out with you.

In the meantime, keep calling and emailing the company to light a fire under their ass.

Reactions: 1 user
I highly doubt a school will take away your seat for something you didn't have control over. Notify your school immediately about the delay in processing, I'm sure they'll work something out with you.

In the meantime, keep calling and emailing the company to light a fire under their ass.
Yeah, I was wondering if contacting the school again was warranted, since I already contacted them twice. I think in this email I'll say that I talked to Certiphi and they have delays due to COVID, and I can't do anything else, and Im contacting so I know what to do bc it looks like my background check may not clear before orientation