Background check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArkansasHogMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an email this morning saying that one of my schools have requested a background check be procured. Since, according to AAMC, schools only perform one on those who were offered acceptance, should i be looking for good news?

Members don't see this ad.

not an absolute guarantee, but yes fingers crossed i think so. how many schools did you apply to with the background check

not an absolute guarantee, but yes fingers crossed i think so. how many schools did you apply to with the background check
Just one, University of Arkansas College of Medicine. I just think its interesting that they will mail out decisions tomorrow and I just got this email this morning. It seems as though if I wasn't going to be accepted why do the background check when decision must already be made in order for them to send out letters.

Just one, University of Arkansas College of Medicine. I just think its interesting that they will mail out decisions tomorrow and I just got this email this morning. It seems as though if I wasn't going to be accepted why do the background check when decision must already be made in order for them to send out letters.

At the absolute worst you have been waitlisted... However, according to the AAMC they don't start doing background checks on waitlisted applicants until April or May... So at this point you can celebrate!

They are probably doing logistical stuff and either mailed out the decisions today or are waiting to drop the envelopes in the mail tomorrow. I guess we'll find out!

Either way congratulations!