Background checks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adaggiote

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me how these are done? Does your name have to appear in a database or something?.......

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone please tell me how these are done? Does your name have to appear in a database or something?.......

Thanks.

Hey,

These background checks are done through Certiphi, a healthcare worker background screening service that claims to be the only "3rd generation" screening service out there. Here's the AAMC FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/2aeyrn8

The results are kept in an online database and are viewable for months after the fact (I just looked up mine to help answer your question).

Here are the categories they look at:

*SSN Validation
*Current Address
*Other Addresses
*Aliases
*National Sex Offender Registry
*County Criminal (Felony & Misdemeanor) Checks for each RESIDENCE address listed
*Federal Criminal Checks for each STATE DISTRICT based on residence addresses listed
*National Criminal Database Check
*Dept of Health & Human Services Office of the Inspector General's & General Service Administration's list of excluded individuals (people excluded from federally-funded health care programs because they have been debarred/suspended/declared ineligible)