MisterPeco

10+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
i'm just wondering if backup plans such as opt or pharm is do-able since you'll have to intern/volunteer at an opt office or do some kind of pharm work and then you put that in your resume and then when you apply for med schools and the people see that.. does that look bad? like you're unsure of what you want to do?

not so calm now

10+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
No, it would look like you thoroughly explored your options and then decided medicine was the right plan for you. If, in fact, that's the case. I would imagine it would look pretty bad if you were applying to other prof. schools at the same time as med school (that is, if they find out, which I'm not sure they can.)

s2452

10+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2008
Dallas
Status
Pre-Medical
No, it would look like you thoroughly explored your options and then decided medicine was the right plan for you. If, in fact, that's the case. I would imagine it would look pretty bad if you were applying to other prof. schools at the same time as med school (that is, if they find out, which I'm not sure they can.)
:thumbup:.

About the Ads

MisterPeco

10+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
oo.. i see thanks
so i shouldnt apply to opt or pharm schools along with med schools at the same time only after i get rejected? lol

phospho

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Columbus, OH
Status
Medical Student
oo.. i see thanks
so i shouldnt apply to opt or pharm schools along with med schools at the same time only after i get rejected? lol
i can understand someone applying to osteopathic schools if they don't get in... i can also understand someone applying to international medical schools if everything else fails... however, someone applying to completely different professional schools is someone who's just very confused about what the hell it is that they want...:rolleyes:

About the Ads