Bad Driving Record: How much can it bite me in the ass?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nerdeka

Female
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I drive A LOT. Like put 95k miles on my car in 2 or so years.... But yes, I'm a *******. And I don't speed anymore, especially since moving to Georgia that will pull you over for anything.

Illinois: Phone.. which I was using for GPS but officer said I needed a mount which I agree.
Virginia: Speeding, 10-20 mph over. No court.
Tennessee. Speeding, 30 mph over. No court.

Moved to Georgia from Illinois and rear ended someone

These are all old but what really concerned me is my recent moving violation which was "Following too closely". I rear ended someone and was given a ticket. It was rainy and it wasn't serious. But I had to go to court and plead no contest (no points on record). So even though this was was the least serious, I feel like it could might be in the as the most.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You need to look up whether they are misdemeanors. If they aren't, then you don't have to report them and they won't be on your background check. Look up if any of them are eligible for expungement - in general you should have gone to court - you very likely would have gotten those tickets reduced to lower level speeding tickets. I had a misdemeanor speeding ticket which I then went to court for and got it reduced to a 64 in a 55 speeding ticket which is a traffic citation not a misdemeanor. But the past is the past. Assuming you can't get them expunged and they are misdemeanors then you need to list them when the application asks if you have any guilty misdemeanors. Your problem seems to be that you keep having these tickets but seems like you will be okay - just own up to it. No excuses - it is usually how you handle situations that matters more

I drive A LOT. Like put 95k miles on my car in 2 or so years.... But yes, I'm a *******. And I don't speed anymore, especially since moving to Georgia that will pull you over for anything.

Illinois: Phone.. which I was using for GPS but officer said I needed a mount which I agree.
Virginia: Speeding, 10-20 mph over. No court.
Tennessee. Speeding, 30 mph over. No court.

Moved to Georgia from Illinois and rear ended someone

These are all old but what really concerned me is my recent moving violation which was "Following too closely". I rear ended someone and was given a ticket. It was rainy and it wasn't serious. But I had to go to court and plead no contest (no points on record). So even though this was was the least serious, I feel like it could might be in the as the most.
How long ago were these???

Some schools are less serious about driving violations than others.

Failing to learn your lessons though......

Reactions: 1 user