Bad grade in ochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dkim10101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
'sup guys. new to the forum here. so i received a "c" in ochem lecture... which i know doesn't look great on my application. i've been doing research in an organic lab for a year now, and working on a joint publication. do u guys think that'll hopefully make up for my low grade?

i know most schools require at least a c, ... just i'm scared that my chances aren't great. overall... my gpa is only a 3.2 and i have yet to get my pcat scores.

also, how strongly do the schools look at your major? i'm chem BS and the school where i'm at is ranked pretty high in the nation for it. argh haha just nervousness taking over. thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

I would say it would, assuming your overall GPA is high enough. If your GPA is below a certain threshold, no one is going to look long enough to notice the publication... however, I would say that organic chemistry research resulting in a publication is certainly much more useful for a pharmacy student than a perfect grade in basic organic chemistry...

hey dkim10101, don't stress out so much about your ochem score. I also got Cs on all my ochem lectures, although I did better in labs. But still, as long as you can explain why you didn't do that well, b/c with your GPA I think you'll be able to get interviews at some school...I did :)

just don't be discourage b/c a C is not bad if you have a reason and you have other things to make up for it.

best of luck!