Bad idea to register for this class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RespectTheChemistry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I took a Animal Physiology class at my university as an elective for my Bio major. It is a comparison of physiological systems among major taxa.

Because I am co-applying to other allied health programs, I then took a Human Physiology class at a community college over the summer one year. The other programs I am thinking about as backups if medical school doesn't work out specifically really wanted Human Physiology without regard to other species. There was barely any human physiology (very brief mentions for each system) in that Animal Physiology class, so that seemed 100% reasonable and I didn't bat an eye at it.

Labs and lectures are totally separate. For my Bio major, I need more lab electives to graduate. Obviously, you can only take labs for which you already took or are currently enrolled with the corresponding lecture material.

I register for Spring 2022 on November 1. I was so excited because I like the zoo/learning about animals and really wanted to take the lab that goes with that Animal Physiology class at my home university. The official name for it is Animal Physiology Laboratory so it looks like it goes with that previously taken Animal Physiology class (because it does!).

It occurred to me that this would basically be my third run-through of Physiology in some way between Animal Physiology one semester, Human Physiology the next semester and now Animal Physiology Laboratory.

Would this make me look like I am unfairly trying to boost my GPA by repeating content? Is this me being paranoid again?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I took a Animal Physiology class at my university as an elective for my Bio major. It is a comparison of physiological systems among major taxa.

Because I am co-applying to other allied health programs, I then took a Human Physiology class at a community college over the summer one year. The other programs I am thinking about as backups if medical school doesn't work out specifically really wanted Human Physiology without regard to other species. There was barely any human physiology (very brief mentions for each system) in that Animal Physiology class, so that seemed 100% reasonable and I didn't bat an eye at it.

Labs and lectures are totally separate. For my Bio major, I need more lab electives to graduate. Obviously, you can only take labs for which you already took or are currently enrolled with the corresponding lecture material.

I register for Spring 2022 on November 1. I was so excited because I like the zoo/learning about animals and really wanted to take the lab that goes with that Animal Physiology class at my home university. The official name for it is Animal Physiology Laboratory so it looks like it goes with that previously taken Animal Physiology class (because it does!).

It occurred to me that this would basically be my third run-through of Physiology in some way between Animal Physiology one semester, Human Physiology the next semester and now Animal Physiology Laboratory.

Would this make me look like I am unfairly trying to boost my GPA by repeating content? Is this me being paranoid again?

Thanks!
Or.... you could just really like physiology.

I don't see the problem here

Or.... you could just really like physiology.

Which is true. :) I do really like Physiology.

I just didn't want them to think I was "cheating" my science GPA by taking somewhat similar content more than once. But, I was worried about nothing in retrospect.

There are many reasons why you might not have taken them at the same time. You're fine!