Bad idea to take a week off of studying?

Started by xsoppy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xsoppy

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm taking my MCAT on April 6th and am thinking about going on a service trip during my spring break (march 9th-16th) but I don't know if that would be a bad idea and mess up my study schedule? A good MCAT is more important than the trip but I also think the trip would be a good experience. Thoughts?


(it's a relatively local service trip to a rural area not somewhere abroad)
 
@xsoppy
I personally would pass on the trip, unless it is something you've been wanting to do for a long time. A good MCAT score will be a huge factor on your application, so if the trip is just for brownie points, skip it. That being said, I would still enjoy your spring break even if you decide to not go on the trip. So I would just dedicate a few days towards the MCAT, or a few hours over a few days.
 
Last edited: