pharMchiCK

10+ Year Member
May 6, 2004
Status
has anyone experienced a really really bad interview and thought they weren't going to get accepted, but THEY DID??

...what will usually makes a bad interview a rather successful one? (im not sure if i'm clear.. but hope you guys get my point)

blueclassring

15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2005
Status
  1. Pharmacist
What constitutes are bad interview in your eyes? A bad interview can range from not being able to answer some of the tough questions to being fully unprepared. Were you nervous? A little nervousness is understandable and shouldn't disqualify you. Did you answer the questions to the best of your ability? Did you answer them in a way that reflects your best characteristics?

For instance, when the interviewer asked you why pharmacy were you able to articulate the reasons that you would make a great pharmacist? This kind of question is very opened ended and will allow you to shine. This takes practice unless you have the gift of gab!!!

I recently had a job interview with a biotech company here in California, and went into the interview knowing very little about the company. That created an unfavorable impression that I didn't put in the effort to get to know the company. Luckily, that interviewer didn't have to power to hire me.

But yes, a bad interview can get you disqualified for a spot at that school. You have to be at the top of your game when going into one of those things because for every unprepared applicant there are 3 or 4 busting their behinds to get in. :eek:

Sunshine637

10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2005
Status
Honestly, interviews actually make me really nervous. In my experience, I never heard of anyone that had a bad interview get accepted into a program. Then again, depends on what your definition of what a bad interview is. It all depends on who is the interviewer is.

About the Ads

H20Suga

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2005
Status
My friend told me western was her worst interview and did well on the others. However, that was the one she got into. Go figure haha. I wouldn't stress too much about it.

MayaRx

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2005
Status
H20Suga said:
My friend told me western was her worst interview and did well on the others. However, that was the one she got into. Go figure haha. I wouldn't stress too much about it.

what school is this? Where is it located?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads