bad interviews and still got in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

pharMchiCK

has anyone experienced a really really bad interview and thought they weren't going to get accepted, but THEY DID??

...what will usually makes a bad interview a rather successful one? (im not sure if i'm clear.. but hope you guys get my point)

Members don't see this ad.

What constitutes are bad interview in your eyes? A bad interview can range from not being able to answer some of the tough questions to being fully unprepared. Were you nervous? A little nervousness is understandable and shouldn't disqualify you. Did you answer the questions to the best of your ability? Did you answer them in a way that reflects your best characteristics?

For instance, when the interviewer asked you why pharmacy were you able to articulate the reasons that you would make a great pharmacist? This kind of question is very opened ended and will allow you to shine. This takes practice unless you have the gift of gab!!!

I recently had a job interview with a biotech company here in California, and went into the interview knowing very little about the company. That created an unfavorable impression that I didn't put in the effort to get to know the company. Luckily, that interviewer didn't have to power to hire me.

But yes, a bad interview can get you disqualified for a spot at that school. You have to be at the top of your game when going into one of those things because for every unprepared applicant there are 3 or 4 busting their behinds to get in. :eek:

Honestly, interviews actually make me really nervous. In my experience, I never heard of anyone that had a bad interview get accepted into a program. Then again, depends on what your definition of what a bad interview is. It all depends on who is the interviewer is.

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend told me western was her worst interview and did well on the others. However, that was the one she got into. Go figure haha. I wouldn't stress too much about it.

H20Suga said:
My friend told me western was her worst interview and did well on the others. However, that was the one she got into. Go figure haha. I wouldn't stress too much about it.

what school is this? Where is it located?

Western University of Health Sciences in California.