Bad on prerequisites and confusion with my school in Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cguy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did really bad on a lot of the prerequisites for USDO schools (like C-, C, C+, W), and I was wondering what I can do to them to improve it because the schools I looked at do not even take grades lower than C. I heard you can take upper level courses to replace them, is that true? Also, do USDO schools look at cGPA or just the prerequisites grades. Would they also look at if I took a full course load or not?

Members don't see this ad.

Everything is seen and everything matters.

It depends on who sees your file as to how they feel about your grades. I know in many schools it's much easier to get a good grade in upper division because lower division is seen as a place for attrition. I would rather see someone pull an A on a repeat than an A on random upper division bio that might have had 20 students and half of them got A and the other half B.

Everything is seen and everything matters.

It depends on who sees your file as to how they feel about your grades. I know in many schools it's much easier to get a good grade in upper division because lower division is seen as a place for attrition. I would rather see someone pull an A on a repeat than an A on random upper division bio that might have had 20 students and half of them got A and the other half B.

Yup, I would love to repeat the course, but the thing is that my university does not allow that. Do you think maybe I could repeat at a community college if they allow it? How USDO schools look at repeat grades?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, I would love to repeat the course, but the thing is that my university does not allow that. Do you think maybe I could repeat at a community college if they allow it? How USDO schools look at repeat grades?
Repeats no longer replace grade, and if you do poorly on it, it will make you look worse. Doing well in it will reassure faculty you have the capacity to learn from your mistakes. Community college repeat won't cut it.

Repeats no longer replace grade, and if you do poorly on it, it will make you look worse. Doing well in it will reassure faculty you have the capacity to learn from your mistakes. Community college repeat won't cut it.

So what am I supposed to do? I cannot repeat courses in my university since they do not allow that.

So what am I supposed to do? I cannot repeat courses in my university since they do not allow that.
I don't know. Go to another university, beg your university for an exception or do the community college regardless of how it looks. Very few options for C- retake.

Why did you do bad in your prereqs? Multiple Cs in basic science courses unless you're in an extremely well known grade deflating school like Harvey Mudd or etc is kind of a sign you might not be good at this.

Why did you do bad in your prereqs? Multiple Cs in basic science courses unless you're in an extremely well known grade deflating school like Harvey Mudd or etc is kind of a sign you might not be good at this.

Big thing is that I was not good at this. Depression, anxiety, etc mental conditions. Got medication and I am doing fine now.

I don't know. Go to another university, beg your university for an exception or do the community college regardless of how it looks. Very few options for C- retake.

I guess so. Can't go to another university, and obviously the begging part is not going to work. CC is it I guess :/

Big thing is that I was not good at this. Depression, anxiety, etc mental conditions. Got medication and I am doing fine now.
Then consider going to another university after it's all done. That or if you do really well on your mcat do a SMP.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Then consider going to another university after it's all done. That or if you do really well on your mcat do a SMP.

Yeah Ill look into going into another university. There is no SMP in Canada though :(

That's weird. It quoted my own reply.