Bad PCAT score...Got in Anyway?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TennisBoy78

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seems like there are too many people on here that excel at the PCAT. This is my second attempt this past June, and here are my scores:

January 2006 PCAT
Verbal 407 63
Biology 402 57
Reading 396 43
Quantitative 383 25
Chemistry 400 54
Composite 398 47

June 2006 PCAT
Verbal 394 42 (WTF happened here?)
Biology 411 69
Reading 405 58
Quantitative 397 49
Chemistry 417 78
Composite 405 61

All of the subscores and composite went up (except Verbal), so this is a good sign. I am not good at standardized tests, but my undergraduate and science GPA is roughly a 3.75 which is great (yes, after both organics). I also have a bachelors and pharmacy experience.

I would like to know if anyone in the past has gotten in at some schools with similar or worse PCAT statistics, and to where did you get accepted. I can keep taking this stupid test, but if I'm so dumb, why is my GPA so much better than what my PCAT suggests?

Members don't see this ad.

I got your exacxt composite for your first PCAT this past June. I am so disappointed. I am trying for october to hopefully improve.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the stats on acceptances of students who didn't even take the PCAT? Maybe it's best not to report it at all.

Hmm... I got the exact same percentile, but my subcores are a little different.

Verbal Ability 41%
Reading Comprehension 58%
Math 79%
Biology 73%
Chemistry 49%

Oh, well. I didn't study much this time. This is my first attempt. I will take the October PCAT to boost my score. Have anyone heard of a PCAT course taught by Dr. Putzer in Florida?

Hey FSUNOLE...
I took Dr. Putzer's class at FSU. I made an 86. I'm relatively pleased, but I think I can get in the 90s pretty easily since I know where to focus my studying and I'm now familiar with the format of the exam. He gives a good overall review, although study more in depth than what he says. The bio was more thorough--maybe it was to me b/c bio isn't my strongest--and focus more on calc for quant. I didn't expect the quant to have that much calc. Overall I was pleased with the class.

FSUNOLE said:
Hmm... I got the exact same percentile, but my subcores are a little different.

Verbal Ability 41%
Reading Comprehension 58%
Math 79%
Biology 73%
Chemistry 49%

Oh, well. I didn't study much this time. This is my first attempt. I will take the October PCAT to boost my score. Have anyone heard of a PCAT course taught by Dr. Putzer in Florida?