Bad semester. :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pjradzi

Can't Read My Poker Face
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to college on an academic scholarship, and I usually get As and Bs in my science and elective courses, but this past fall semester was terrible. I was dealing with some personal problems at the time and taking some very difficult prereqs, so I ended up with a C+ in Physics Lab II, a C in Organic Chemistry I, and a C in an elective course. My overall GPA tanked to a 3.32 and my sGPA down to a 3.27. (Thank goodness that I got a B in Physics II Lecture and an A- in Chinese, otherwise I would have a much worse GPA and sGPA values)

I'm taking 13 credits this semester (I took 16 last semester) so I can recover my GPA. I'm planning to retake Organic Chemistry I next fall and Physics Lab II subsequently after that (when the TA I took it with is gone; he was just terrible). Looking back, I should have used the Pass/Fail or Withdrawal options on those classes so I could have somewhat saved my GPA and sGPA.

I was wondering how a bad semester would hurt my chances into medical school, especially around the Boston area. Any advice? :(

Members don't see this ad.

I just realized I've posted this on the wrong forum...excuse my mistake. :smack: