BAH at OBC?

Discussion in 'Military Medicine' started by njaqua, May 3, 2007.

1. njaqua

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Do we get BAH pay at OBC even though they house us?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BigNavyPedsGuy

BigNavyPedsGuy Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    No. They (Navy) didn't pay BAH because like you said: housing was provided. They don't pay it on your ADTs either. But you do get a per diem allowance (way less than BAH)

4. njaqua

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    So do we just get base pay (AD 2LT)? (and a small per diem) Nothing extra? Funny how recruiters add in BAH for that 1.5 mos per year.

5. aau22

aau22 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    On my orders I just got it says a bunch of codes and pay amounts on the bottom and the only two i can decipher are the base pay amount of roughly 3900 and uniform allowance of 400...it says we are authorized for full locality meal rate for weekend and holidays but i have no idea what that amount might be but i'm sure it's available someplace. they had about 6 or 7 dollar amounts listed but i couldn't figure it out. anyone with experience know???

6. jtriplet

jtriplet Member
    5+ Year Member

If memory serves me correctly, we got BAH while in OBC at Fort Sam. The rate was based on your current residence. Of course, I'm USUHS so I don't know if it's the same for HPSP.

7. cyclegirl

cyclegirl Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

In the Navy you will get BAH while at OIS or on ADT only if you have dependants (wife and/or kids).

8. RTRDO

RTRDO Junior Member

If you are married or have dependants, you will receive BAH for the full 45 days based on your zip code. I went to OBC in June of 2005. I am on HPSP, married, and had two children at the time. I recieve $750.00 per month, so in total for OBC, I received $1,025.00 for OBC. This was my experience. If you are single with no dependants, then you will recieve no BAH.