SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

BAH at OBC?

Discussion in 'Military Medicine' started by njaqua, May 3, 2007.

1. njaqua

njaqua 10+ Year Member

Do we get BAH pay at OBC even though they house us?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. BigNavyPedsGuy

BigNavyPedsGuy Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Apr 11, 2006
    No. They (Navy) didn't pay BAH because like you said: housing was provided. They don't pay it on your ADTs either. But you do get a per diem allowance (way less than BAH)

4. njaqua

njaqua 10+ Year Member

So do we just get base pay (AD 2LT)? (and a small per diem) Nothing extra? Funny how recruiters add in BAH for that 1.5 mos per year.

5. aau22

aau22 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 24, 2006
    On my orders I just got it says a bunch of codes and pay amounts on the bottom and the only two i can decipher are the base pay amount of roughly 3900 and uniform allowance of 400...it says we are authorized for full locality meal rate for weekend and holidays but i have no idea what that amount might be but i'm sure it's available someplace. they had about 6 or 7 dollar amounts listed but i couldn't figure it out. anyone with experience know???

6. jtriplet

jtriplet Member 5+ Year Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Maryland
    If memory serves me correctly, we got BAH while in OBC at Fort Sam. The rate was based on your current residence. Of course, I'm USUHS so I don't know if it's the same for HPSP.

7. cyclegirl

cyclegirl Senior Member 5+ Year Member

Apr 25, 2005
    In the Navy you will get BAH while at OIS or on ADT only if you have dependants (wife and/or kids).

8. RTRDO

RTRDO Junior Member

Jan 14, 2005
    If you are married or have dependants, you will receive BAH for the full 45 days based on your zip code. I went to OBC in June of 2005. I am on HPSP, married, and had two children at the time. I recieve $750.00 per month, so in total for OBC, I received $1,025.00 for OBC. This was my experience. If you are single with no dependants, then you will recieve no BAH.