BAH at OBC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njaqua

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do we get BAH pay at OBC even though they house us?

Members don't see this ad.

Do we get BAH pay at OBC even though they house us?

No. They (Navy) didn't pay BAH because like you said: housing was provided. They don't pay it on your ADTs either. But you do get a per diem allowance (way less than BAH)

Per diem + reimbursement on your lodging expenses. Like you said, not as good as BAH, but way frickin' better than all your civilian classmates will be doing. :D
So do we just get base pay (AD 2LT)? (and a small per diem) Nothing extra? Funny how recruiters add in BAH for that 1.5 mos per year.

Members don't see this ad :)
On my orders I just got it says a bunch of codes and pay amounts on the bottom and the only two i can decipher are the base pay amount of roughly 3900 and uniform allowance of 400...it says we are authorized for full locality meal rate for weekend and holidays but i have no idea what that amount might be but i'm sure it's available someplace. they had about 6 or 7 dollar amounts listed but i couldn't figure it out. anyone with experience know???

If memory serves me correctly, we got BAH while in OBC at Fort Sam. The rate was based on your current residence. Of course, I'm USUHS so I don't know if it's the same for HPSP.

In the Navy you will get BAH while at OIS or on ADT only if you have dependants (wife and/or kids).

If you are married or have dependants, you will receive BAH for the full 45 days based on your zip code. I went to OBC in June of 2005. I am on HPSP, married, and had two children at the time. I recieve $750.00 per month, so in total for OBC, I received $1,025.00 for OBC. This was my experience. If you are single with no dependants, then you will recieve no BAH.