1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Balanced anesthesiology programs

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by m3unsure, Aug 2, 2006.

1. m3unsure

m3unsure Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of balanced programs. I'm not interested in a workhorse program, and would like the supportive teaching. I know the average is around 60 hours per week and want to stick to near that (incl all BS). I'm aware in Chicago that UIC is suppose to be good, U of C is alright (somewhat malignant PD), NWH (busy busy), Rush (PD stinks balls, too too busy), and Loyola who knows. I prefer a place where I can look forward to for the next 4 years. Input from current residents would be appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. apma77

apma77 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

im at UIC ..couldnt be happier with my training and the lifestyle friendly hours we have here
    this program is a gem! 99% residents are happy here ..the other 1% are miserable people in general

4. m3unsure

m3unsure Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    What about other places around the country? I'm especially interested in places that could help me get into possibly Pain Mgmt. I heard of UPenn being good, but how are the hours out there? And the teaching & malignancy? Hopefully people at other programs can help out with this one. Thanks in advance.

5. VolatileAgent

VolatileAgent Livin' the dream
    7+ Year Member

that's pretty much the way it is everywhere. and a squeaky wheel doesn't always get greased. prima donnas seem to always spoil it for the rest of what are otherwise well-adjusted, normal people. of course, i probably shouldn't really comment right now because i'm on call tonight. ;)