1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Balanced anesthesiology programs

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by m3unsure, Aug 2, 2006.

1. m3unsure

m3unsure Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of balanced programs. I'm not interested in a workhorse program, and would like the supportive teaching. I know the average is around 60 hours per week and want to stick to near that (incl all BS). I'm aware in Chicago that UIC is suppose to be good, U of C is alright (somewhat malignant PD), NWH (busy busy), Rush (PD stinks balls, too too busy), and Loyola who knows. I prefer a place where I can look forward to for the next 4 years. Input from current residents would be appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. apma77

apma77 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

im at UIC ..couldnt be happier with my training and the lifestyle friendly hours we have here
    this program is a gem! 99% residents are happy here ..the other 1% are miserable people in general

4. m3unsure

m3unsure Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    What about other places around the country? I'm especially interested in places that could help me get into possibly Pain Mgmt. I heard of UPenn being good, but how are the hours out there? And the teaching & malignancy? Hopefully people at other programs can help out with this one. Thanks in advance.

5. VolatileAgent

VolatileAgent Livin' the dream
    7+ Year Member

that's pretty much the way it is everywhere. and a squeaky wheel doesn't always get greased. prima donnas seem to always spoil it for the rest of what are otherwise well-adjusted, normal people. of course, i probably shouldn't really comment right now because i'm on call tonight. ;)