Balanced anesthesiology programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m3unsure

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of balanced programs. I'm not interested in a workhorse program, and would like the supportive teaching. I know the average is around 60 hours per week and want to stick to near that (incl all BS). I'm aware in Chicago that UIC is suppose to be good, U of C is alright (somewhat malignant PD), NWH (busy busy), Rush (PD stinks balls, too too busy), and Loyola who knows. I prefer a place where I can look forward to for the next 4 years. Input from current residents would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

im at UIC ..couldnt be happier with my training and the lifestyle friendly hours we have here
this program is a gem! 99% residents are happy here ..the other 1% are miserable people in general

m3unsure said:
Hey,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of balanced programs. I'm not interested in a workhorse program, and would like the supportive teaching. I know the average is around 60 hours per week and want to stick to near that (incl all BS). I'm aware in Chicago that UIC is suppose to be good, U of C is alright (somewhat malignant PD), NWH (busy busy), Rush (PD stinks balls, too too busy), and Loyola who knows. I prefer a place where I can look forward to for the next 4 years. Input from current residents would be appreciated.

apma77 said:
im at UIC ..couldnt be happier with my training and the lifestyle friendly hours we have here
this program is a gem! 99% residents are happy here ..the other 1% are miserable people in general

What about other places around the country? I'm especially interested in places that could help me get into possibly Pain Mgmt. I heard of UPenn being good, but how are the hours out there? And the teaching & malignancy? Hopefully people at other programs can help out with this one. Thanks in advance.

apma77 said:
99% residents are happy here ..the other 1% are miserable people in general

that's pretty much the way it is everywhere. and a squeaky wheel doesn't always get greased. prima donnas seem to always spoil it for the rest of what are otherwise well-adjusted, normal people. of course, i probably shouldn't really comment right now because i'm on call tonight. ;)