m3unsure

10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of balanced programs. I'm not interested in a workhorse program, and would like the supportive teaching. I know the average is around 60 hours per week and want to stick to near that (incl all BS). I'm aware in Chicago that UIC is suppose to be good, U of C is alright (somewhat malignant PD), NWH (busy busy), Rush (PD stinks balls, too too busy), and Loyola who knows. I prefer a place where I can look forward to for the next 4 years. Input from current residents would be appreciated.

apma77

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
Status
im at UIC ..couldnt be happier with my training and the lifestyle friendly hours we have here
this program is a gem! 99% residents are happy here ..the other 1% are miserable people in general

m3unsure said:
Hey,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of balanced programs. I'm not interested in a workhorse program, and would like the supportive teaching. I know the average is around 60 hours per week and want to stick to near that (incl all BS). I'm aware in Chicago that UIC is suppose to be good, U of C is alright (somewhat malignant PD), NWH (busy busy), Rush (PD stinks balls, too too busy), and Loyola who knows. I prefer a place where I can look forward to for the next 4 years. Input from current residents would be appreciated.

OP
M

m3unsure

10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
apma77 said:
im at UIC ..couldnt be happier with my training and the lifestyle friendly hours we have here
this program is a gem! 99% residents are happy here ..the other 1% are miserable people in general
What about other places around the country? I'm especially interested in places that could help me get into possibly Pain Mgmt. I heard of UPenn being good, but how are the hours out there? And the teaching & malignancy? Hopefully people at other programs can help out with this one. Thanks in advance.

VolatileAgent

Livin' the dream
10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2005
Status
apma77 said:
99% residents are happy here ..the other 1% are miserable people in general
that's pretty much the way it is everywhere. and a squeaky wheel doesn't always get greased. prima donnas seem to always spoil it for the rest of what are otherwise well-adjusted, normal people. of course, i probably shouldn't really comment right now because i'm on call tonight. ;)

About the Ads