Balanced Equations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mellon977

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a really silly question, especially if the equation is really simple to balance but I want to ask anyway....When there is a stoichiometry problem given (e.g. how many grams of an element are needed to prepare ....) and a given stoichiometric equation is presented, is the given stoichiometric equation balanced? Did you ever find that you have to balance the equation first?

Members don't see this ad.

mellon977 said:
This is a really silly question, especially if the equation is really simple to balance but I want to ask anyway....When there is a stoichiometry problem given (e.g. how many grams of an element are needed to prepare ....) and a given stoichiometric equation is presented, is the given stoichiometric equation balanced? Did you ever find that you have to balance the equation first?

No, personally I didn't come across an equation that needed to balanced on the real exam. However, some questions on Kaplan's subject tests did need to be balanced. Just to be safe, I'd glance at the equation and double-check it.