You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Banfield Summer Student Job 2020
Started by caligrown5
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I still haven't heard back either
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also still waiting and crossing my fingers too
The number they gave me was 866-259-5129. I still haven't heard, but they said to wait to call that number until the end of March. With everything going on in the world, I was going to give them some extra time, but I would really like to know hahaDoes anyone have a number to call? They gave me the number after my interview but I've misplaced it.
Heck I think I’m just gonna give up hope about getting a position this year lol I’ll probably call the number later next week if I don’t hear anything, but I’m feeling doubtful too given the fact that the world is falling apart 

I got an offer but for a spot at none of my top 3 choices (all in PA). Apparently repeat applicants get priority? I had put down that I could be flexible and work in MD (closer to DC area where I'm from), and got offered a spot at a hospital there. Sigh. Decision time, I suppose. I had 2 gigs lined up at PennVet but who knows when the hospital will re-open, let alone, let students back in.
If people have done the program before, do you recommend the program and secondly, is there advice you can provide on what you wish you had known going in or things to talk about with your mentor etc before you had started the summer off? I don't have much teching experience so anything anyone has to say is appreciated. Thank you.
If people have done the program before, do you recommend the program and secondly, is there advice you can provide on what you wish you had known going in or things to talk about with your mentor etc before you had started the summer off? I don't have much teching experience so anything anyone has to say is appreciated. Thank you.
I called the number they gave us last Friday and a recording said all representatives were busy, so I left a message. Still haven't heard back - no phone call, no email, nothing. I feel like it's probably safe to assume I'm not getting it, but does anyone have any other ideas of how to get in contact with them?
damn that's some ****. sorry mate.I received an official rejection email on Friday 🙁
Crazy turn of events, I got a call today from a Banfield recruiter and they’ve accepted me into the summer program at my top clinic! So they are definitely still letting people know, probably just super behind with Covid-19 problems on their end.
Also still waiting... Most of my friends heard from them the first week of March. Does anyone know if they allow students accepted to the program to work another job at the same time? I picked up PT hours to help out a local clinic during the crisis and would like to keep it up to get extra money.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also still waiting... Most of my friends heard from them the first week of March. Does anyone know if they allow students accepted to the program to work another job at the same time? I picked up PT hours to help out a local clinic during the crisis and would like to keep it up to get extra money.
I don’t think there’s a non compete or anything...but you do have a minimum number of hours for a minimum number of weeks requirement.
As an aside, I don’t know where you are geographically, but I found Banfield paid much better than clinics looking for technician/assistant work.
I'm late to this but I heard early-March for my top choice in NY. I accepted, and I last received an email a few weeks ago with a bunch of packets and self goals to complete and was told to contact my host hospital for further instruction. I emailed them almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back. My start date is in 4.5 weeks. My next step is to call, but I figured they're slammed and didn't wanna hog their phone lines and catch them off guard...anyone else getting nervous that things might get cancelled due to COVID-19? Especially me being in the worst hit area of the country, I'm getting nervous.
Have you heard back yet? I’m not sure when to contact my site because we don’t start until June 15th nowI'm late to this but I heard early-March for my top choice in NY. I accepted, and I last received an email a few weeks ago with a bunch of packets and self goals to complete and was told to contact my host hospital for further instruction. I emailed them almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back. My start date is in 4.5 weeks. My next step is to call, but I figured they're slammed and didn't wanna hog their phone lines and catch them off guard...anyone else getting nervous that things might get cancelled due to COVID-19? Especially me being in the worst hit area of the country, I'm getting nervous.
Yes I did! Sorry I'm not on here much anymore and forgot to update. I got probably the same corporate email everyone else got with the delayed start dates, mine is June 1st. After that, I received an email from my coach doctor confirming the date, my scrub order, hours, etc. I responded asking another question and haven't heard back yet (that was a week ago) so I know things are still subject to change, but as of right now mine is still on as far as I know. I would contact them ASAP personally just to make sure they're still on so you can plan accordingly!Have you heard back yet? I’m not sure when to contact my site because we don’t start until June 15th now
Right now things seem very up in the air. I haven't heard from my location since I last updated, which is a month ago now. The last communication I received was just from HR/Corporate saying that we will hear no later than the last week of May an update. Which is interesting because my start date is supposed to be June 1st, so hopefully I have more than a few days' notice before I'm supposed to start...beginning to get really worried that it's going to get cancelled.So I still haven't heard from the location personally, I have only received emails from HR and I filled out the required documents. They never replied to the email I initially sent a few weeks ago.
Oh no I’m sorry! I started last week and have spent 5 days there now working full time. Any news?I just emailed HR today because I haven't received any updates.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 13
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 1K