Barron's - Aperture Passing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyisblue

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Section C. Lines as "Builders of the Form" of the PAT Aperture Passing section there is a form with spatial guidelines. The top/bottom silhouette doesn't make much sense to me. On the right side of the silhouette, there is the vertical line for the rectangular figure and to indentations inclined to the left. I get where the first indentation comes from, which is the board-like surface or from the wedge right beneath it, but comes from the piece b/w the wedge and the rectangular form. What I don't get is where does the second indentation come from?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have Barron's so I can't answer you question but since your working on the PAT also.. maybe you can help answer this question. In Kaplan, for the hole-punching, it says "pay attention to the symmetry of the first fold and eliminate answer choices". I'm doing well at these but am just not sure what exactly they mean by that. Could you explain?

Section C. Lines as "Builders of the Form" of the PAT Aperture Passing section there is a form with spatial guidelines. The top/bottom silhouette doesn't make much sense to me. On the right side of the silhouette, there is the vertical line for the rectangular figure and to indentations inclined to the left. I get where the first indentation comes from, which is the board-like surface or from the wedge right beneath it, but comes from the piece b/w the wedge and the rectangular form. What I don't get is where does the second indentation come from?
i think the second indentation is where it angles in towards the right? that comes from the wedge that is underneath that board, if you look under the right corner of that board, that is where that second indentation is. I think that's what you are looking at

i think the second indentation is where it angles in towards the right? that comes from the wedge that is underneath that board, if you look under the right corner of that board, that is where that second indentation is. I think that's what you are looking at

For the third silhouette, side/side angle, the board-like surface is shown as sloping downward a bit. I thought that it would go straight across. Can you tell that it slopes down from looking at the lines?

I don't have Barron's so I can't answer you question but since your working on the PAT also.. maybe you can help answer this question. In Kaplan, for the hole-punching, it says "pay attention to the symmetry of the first fold and eliminate answer choices". I'm doing well at these but am just not sure what exactly they mean by that. Could you explain?

I think you can start eliminating choices by the first fold alone when you know where the hole punches are. Try that first and you will see what they mean by saying that. I don't think you need to know exactly where all the holes are sometimes. This will save you time.