Barry University Biomedical Sciences Masters Program Fall 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do the dental and medical track students take the exact same core classes? From the required courses they are the same, is there a dental and medical version of each course or do dental and med track students take them together?

Yes, dental and medical track students take the same core classes together.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I will be doing the medical track starting this Fall 2015 and I am in need of a roommate. Anyone looking for a roommate?

Hello, I will be doing the medical track starting this Fall 2015 and I am in need of a roommate. Anyone looking for a roommate?
If you are looking for a roommate, look at the facebook group for the program. There are always other students trying to find roommates as well. Some places to look at are the Radius, the Hollywood Station, and Regent Park.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/573910349298940/897403713616267/?ref=notif&notif_t=group_activity

https://www.facebook.com/biomedicalsciences.barryuniversity#_=_

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have any questions about the program or your application to medical/dental school, you can PM me or ask them here.

I just found out about this school and am very interested in the Biomedical Sciences Masters Program. Does anyone know the deadline date for Fall 2015 admission? I know a lot of these schools accept applications until July or even August if they have room, but I was curious if anyone was able to find out. I have already completed the classes and even the DAT but I feel this school would really prepare me for what dental school would hold. I am a non-traditional student who has worked for 5 years after graduating with a dual major business degree (only a 3.0) before going back to school to chase a dream to become a dentist (GPA 3.6). I feel this is just the type of school I would be a perfect fit for!

I just found out about this school and am very interested in the Biomedical Sciences Masters Program. Does anyone know the deadline date for Fall 2015 admission? I know a lot of these schools accept applications until July or even August if they have room, but I was curious if anyone was able to find out. I have already completed the classes and even the DAT but I feel this school would really prepare me for what dental school would hold. I am a non-traditional student who has worked for 5 years after graduating with a dual major business degree (only a 3.0) before going back to school to chase a dream to become a dentist (GPA 3.6). I feel this is just the type of school I would be a perfect fit for!
The deadline for Fall 2015 admission has passed. However, you can submit your application to begin in January 2016. Let me know if you have other questions.

The deadline for Fall 2015 admission has passed. However, you can submit your application to begin in January 2016. Let me know if you have other questions.
I received a response from someone in admissions about an hour ago and the class has not been filled for fall 2015 yet.

I was unsure if I saw on the application, but do they require LORs before reviewing the application? I want to submit my application but I don't know how quickly I would be able to get my LORs submitted or if they had to be mailed and all that since I believe my professors that submitted them are unreachable until the end of this month.

I received a response from someone in admissions about an hour ago and the class has not been filled for fall 2015 yet.

I was unsure if I saw on the application, but do they require LORs before reviewing the application? I want to submit my application but I don't know how quickly I would be able to get my LORs submitted or if they had to be mailed and all that since I believe my professors that submitted them are unreachable until the end of this month.

Then you can go ahead and try applying for Fall. However, I was told that at least one LOR must be received in order for the admissions committee to review the file. I recommend to try and get in contact with someone who can send a letter as soon as possible. I remember that I applied for Fall admittance sometime in June but it was too late and I was placed to begin in the Spring. Let me know if you have other questions.

Anyone know if there is a thread for Fall 2016? Can't seem to find one and I have a few questions specifically about Barry's application.

Does anyone know stats on med track students getting accepted?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone,

I am a current student at Barry University's Biomedical Sciences program. Feel free to ask any questions about the program.
how hard is it to get in? and how big are the classes?

Members don't see this ad :)
how hard is it to get in? and how big are the classes?
It really is not that hard, they suggest you to have a 3.0 undergrad gpa and a decent DAT or MCAT score, you can always make your application stronger by having good letters of recommendation, the key is to once you submit your application send it complete and ahead of time. Class sizes changes anything between 20 on pharmacology to 70 in anatomy.

do the dental and medical track students take the exact same core classes? From the required courses they are the same, is there a dental and medical version of each course or do dental and med track students take them together?
They almost take the same core class however, starting this this semester a new course Oral Pathology was introduced which is only for Predental students.

I am applying to dental schools this current cycle. Should I think about applying for the 1 year masters just in case I have to re-apply next cycle? Is it too late to apply for this upcoming year?
I think it is not late you still have a chance to apply this call contact the admissions and program adviser asap and send your completed application. One year track is extremely hard however certainly doable. You will spend all of your time studying with no break and its a marathon to get all good grades. You will also take summer classes.

Why the only person who answers this thread has a username starts with "BMS?" How many people got accepted to dental school after completing Barry BMS?
This year almost %90 of applicants got accepted to some dental school!

Is it too late to apply for this upcoming year?

Is it too late to apply for this upcoming year?
Absolutely not! They accept applications until June, the key is to try to send a complete application with no missing items, and start communicating with the admissions, I would contact the program adviser and let him know you are applying.

I heard that Biochem is not located on the Hollywood campus is that true?

Hey everyone,

I am a current student at Barry University's Biomedical Sciences program. Feel free to ask any questions about the program.

Hi! I am in the process of applying right now. How long is the program?