Barry University Biomedical Sciences Masters program Fall 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A lot of people have mentioned learning new study habits in this thread. Is there a class to teach you how to study and manage your time? I know some other programs focus on that. How does Barry compare to Nova's BMS program? I know they guarantee an interview if you do well in their program.

Barry is a good feeder school! I went there and now I'm at Tufts for dental school. I dont know much about Nova'program; however, if you perform well at Barry I'm 99% certain that you'll get multiple interviews at various professional schools, including Nova! Reach out to the admin at Barry! They'll fill you in for sure!

Barry works hard to make sure their students get accepted, but you also have to be willing to work hard to get the grades that you need. I hope you do great regardless of the program that you choose! GOODLUCK!!!!! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Barry is a good feeder school! I went there and now I'm at Tufts for dental school. I dont know much about Nova'program; however, if you perform well at Barry I'm 99% certain that you'll get multiple interviews at various professional schools, including Nova! Reach out to the admin at Barry! They'll fill you in for sure!

Barry works hard to make sure their students get accepted, but you also have to be willing to work hard to get the grades that you need. I hope you do great regardless of the program that you choose! GOODLUCK!!!!! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

Thank you for your input! I went to Barry's facebook page and noticed a lot of students got accepted to Tufts. Is there a special relationship between Barry and Tufts?

Thank you for your input! I went to Barry's facebook page and noticed a lot of students got accepted to Tufts. Is there a special relationship between Barry and Tufts?

Yeah alot of us from Barry matriculate into Tufts. I really can't speak on there being a "special" relationship, but what I do know is that Tufts really enjoys recruiting Barry students! Its pricey here (Tufts), but its definitely worth it, trust me on that! Tufts isn't the only school you'll get into though if you go to Barry and do well! When I say "do well" I mean completing the program with atleast a 3.5, which is definitely doable as long as you stay focused.

Again feel free to reach out with any other questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah alot of us from Barry matriculate into Tufts. I really can't speak on there being a "special" relationship, but what I do know is that Tufts really enjoys recruiting Barry students! Its pricey here (Tufts), but its definitely worth it, trust me on that! Tufts isn't the only school you'll get into though if you go to Barry and do well! When I say "do well" I mean completing the program with atleast a 3.5, which is definitely doable as long as you stay focused.

Again feel free to reach out with any other questions.
Did you guys have any classes or tutoring for the DAT/general exams at Barry? I saw that Nova offered a class called test prep for students and I am guessing it's either to prepare for the DAT or teach students how to approach studying for tests in general.

Did you guys have any classes or tutoring for the DAT/general exams at Barry? I saw that Nova offered a class called test prep for students and I am guessing it's either to prepare for the DAT or teach students how to approach studying for tests in general.

No they didn't offer any DAT preparatory classes. I took an independent course called IPREP, which is what most students that go to Barry do. It was expensive, think I paid $1500, but it was worth it. I only took my DAT once, AA 18, which was the national average at the time, and it landed me 3 interviews. Honestly I wouldnt worry about the DAT too much, I mean try your hardest ofcourse, but If you have a solid GPA and great extracurriculars/volunteering/letters of recommendations... then you'll be fine!

I have heard good things about Bootcamp and DAT Destroyer as well, but Iprep was a better fit for me!

Reactions: 1 user
No they didn't offer any DAT preparatory classes. I took an independent course called IPREP, which is what most students that go to Barry do. It was expensive, think I paid $1500, but it was worth it. I only took my DAT once, AA 18, which was the national average at the time, and it landed me 3 interviews. Honestly I wouldnt worry about the DAT too much, I mean try your hardest ofcourse, but If you have a solid GPA and great extracurriculars/volunteering/letters of recommendations... then you'll be fine!

I have heard good things about Bootcamp and DAT Destroyer as well, but Iprep was a better fit for me!

I have to answer 2 questions under the statement of purpose section and I have been stressing over how to answer them:

What are your reasons for selecting Barry University? What are your career goals after you graduate?

Do you think they put a lot of weight into these questions? Did they ask you during your interview about what you put down?

I have to answer 2 questions under the statement of purpose section and I have been stressing over how to answer them:

What are your reasons for selecting Barry University? What are your career goals after you graduate?

Do you think they put a lot of weight into these questions? Did they ask you during your interview about what you put down?

Sorry, I'm just seeing this! Just be honest and answer the questions as best as you can. Think I spoke on the innovation of their program and how I wanted to serve the undeserved. Nothing special, just normal stuff lol... I didn't have to interview for a seat a Barry. I literally took the GRE, applied, then sent a follow-up email after 2-4 weeks of not hearing anything. Honestly, I think the key for me was the fact that I actually emailed the admissions office to inquire about my application!!! I say this because they replied to me with an acceptance email! Get your app in now, then send them an "interest" email in a week or so. Even if you choose Nova over Barry, its still good to have them as a back up just in case, you know?

Also keep me posted on whether you get in!!! Try sending me a direct message via SDN, that way I'll respond sooner!

Sorry, I'm just seeing this! Just be honest and answer the questions as best as you can. Think I spoke on the innovation of their program and how I wanted to serve the undeserved. Nothing special, just normal stuff lol... I didn't have to interview for a seat a Barry. I literally took the GRE, applied, then sent a follow-up email after 2-4 weeks of not hearing anything. Honestly, I think the key for me was the fact that I actually emailed the admissions office to inquire about my application!!! I say this because they replied to me with an acceptance email! Get your app in now, then send them an "interest" email in a week or so. Even if you choose Nova over Barry, its still good to have them as a back up just in case, you know?

That's okay, dental life is busy lol. I already submitted my application. I am just waiting for my LORs to go in, which might take some time. How/where did you find housing? Hollywood is really expensive for rent. Btw, I read that once they decide your track, you have to spend at least that many semesters at Barry? Like if they give you the 1.5 year track, you can't finish in 1 year?

Also keep me posted on whether you get in!!! Try sending me a direct message via SDN, that way I'll respond sooner!
Sure, I really appreciate your help, it's almost impossible to find any threads for the upcoming semester's admissions at Barry.

Sure, I really appreciate your help, it's almost impossible to find any threads for the upcoming semester's admissions at Barry.

No worries! I lived in Aventura then relocated to Miramar. I had my own apartment and my rent averaged like $1,550. You could always try to find a roommate via your class's Facebook page! Word of advice, try to get those LORs in asap. Within the next 1-2 weeks. You're trying to start in January correct? Sometimes the seats fill up fast. I was on the 2yr track, but I definitely could've finished early if I stepped it up. Tbh, if they put you on the 1.5yr track then start off there. Take it easy until you get the hang of things and if you feel like you want to step it up then do so. I dont think they'll stop you from "picking up the pace."

No worries! I lived in Aventura then relocated to Miramar. I had my own apartment and my rent averaged like $1,550. You could always try to find a roommate via your class's Facebook page! Word of advice, try to get those LORs in asap. Within the next 1-2 weeks. You're trying to start in January correct? Sometimes the seats fill up fast. I was on the 2yr track, but I definitely could've finished early if I stepped it up. Tbh, if they put you on the 1.5yr track then start off there. Take it easy until you get the hang of things and if you feel like you want to step it up then do so. I dont think they'll stop you from "picking up the pace."

Yeah, January. If that is the case, I saw a form for LORs on Barry's website. Should I have one of my professors fill that out instead?

https://barryustorage.blob.core.win.../14966b-cnhs-gradmissionsofflineapplprint.pdf

Do you think it would be frowned upon?

Yeah, January. If that is the case, I saw a form for LORs on Barry's website. Should I have one of my professors fill that out instead?

https://barryustorage.blob.core.win.../14966b-cnhs-gradmissionsofflineapplprint.pdf

Do you think it would be frowned upon?

Oh wow, I dont think they had these when I applied! Yes if the BMS Program will accept it then definitely use it! I dont think they'll frown upon it at all! But you can definitely ask if you're concerned. Have you emailed/had any correspondence with any of the faculty at Barry yet?

Oh wow, I dont think they had these when I applied! Yes if the BMS Program will accept it then definitely use it! I dont think they'll frown upon it at all! But you can definitely ask if you're concerned. Have you emailed/had any correspondence with any of the faculty at Barry yet?
Yeah they usually reply within a few minutes to emails. I will email them now and hopefully get a response by tomorrow. I honestly feel like Barry wants me there just from the way they respond so quickly.

Yeah they usually reply within a few minutes to emails. I will email them now and hopefully get a response by tomorrow. I honestly feel like Barry wants me there just from the way they respond so quickly.

Lol great! If you go to Barry and do well, you'll def land a seat somewhere! Nova, Tufts, UF, sommmmmewhere trust me. If you start in January you can apply in the summer of 2021, then update your app on ADSAS once the fall 2021 semester is over, and I'm certain you'll get interviews at Tufts & Nova.

Lol great! If you go to Barry and do well, you'll def land a seat somewhere! Nova, Tufts, UF, sommmmmewhere trust me. If you start in January you can apply in the summer of 2021, then update your app on ADSAS once the fall 2021 semester is over, and I'm certain you'll get interviews at Tufts & Nova.

Again, good luck and keep me posted!