Based on my study style what would you recommend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlb916

Reaction score
For the purpose of my question let's say money is not a factor and I'd rather know my best options to help me succeed no matter the cost. I learn significantly better with videos rather than reading and the more organized the source is, the better. So if I can get away with using one or two sources only, the better for the purpose of organization and my sanity. What sources would you recommend for studying for the DAT based on those factors? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I used booster and destroyer and scored well. You have to put in the work regardless, but I put in the work with those two resources and the DAT felt easy for me on my test day. Cost may not matter to you, but both resources are relatively cheap and give a lot of bang for your buck. Just do the work.

I wish you could learn everything you need on a video, but IMO that is not really possible. I also faced the same struggles you do when I had to study for test, of course that was many years ago and pre Youtube. The DAT exam is very challenging and you will be reading a lot on the exam itself, so it's best to get to reading questions now. Make your own study schedule and make it unique to you so you don't get overwhelmed, go with whatever pace works for you best. You can use videos but you most learn the concepts if you want to Destroy the DAT, my motto is always #think30, your goal should be no less.

Wishing you the best and I am sure others will chime in.

Hope this helps...Nancy co/owner, DAT Destroyer

For the purpose of my question let's say money is not a factor and I'd rather know my best options to help me succeed no matter the cost. I learn significantly better with videos rather than reading and the more organized the source is, the better. So if I can get away with using one or two sources only, the better for the purpose of organization and my sanity. What sources would you recommend for studying for the DAT based on those factors? Thanks in advance!
Chads videos for chem foundation and finish with dat destroyer. Free dat boot camp biology notes and Dr. Romano’s dynamite biology notes for biology. Math destroyer for math. PAT up to you. Heard good things about DAT booster so I’m sure they’d be good too but I didn’t use it.

Thanks for your input. I don't want to say cost doesn't matter, because I want to save money of course! With that being said, I would also spend more if something would work better with my learning style. I know Kaplin is extremely pricey but I didn't want to cross that out as an option which is why I made the "cost disclaimer." From all that I've seen, no one has even mentioned Kaplin and I wasn't sure if it was because of cost or if it simply isn't the best option. Thank you again for your help!
I used booster and destroyer and scored well. You have to put in the work regardless, but I put in the work with those two resources and the DAT felt easy for me on my test day. Cost may not matter to you, but both resources are relatively cheap and give a lot of bang for your buck. Just do the work.

Reactions: 1 user