bathtub seizure d/o

Started by 50960
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

5

50960

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have a link to the article on the documented case of a little girl in Ca. who only had seizures when she was placed in a warm bathtub? I know this sounds like a joke, but it did get written up, and I am curious to read the article itself.

thanks
 
Does anyone have a link to the article on the documented case of a little girl in Ca. who only had seizures when she was placed in a warm bathtub? I know this sounds like a joke, but it did get written up, and I am curious to read the article itself.

thanks

I don't know this exact case, but seizures triggered by warm water are a well described type of reflex epilepsy. Go to Medline or Pubmed or some other such website and search under "reflex epilepsy" or "reflex seizures."
 
Thanks! I am aware of reflex epilepsy, but still cannot find the link to this particular case.......
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was written up in a journal by the treating neurologist, but I do not know the journal or docs name???