General Admissions & OTCAS Bay Path University Fall 2018 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fsmorez

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied early August and this is my top choice! Just wanted to see who else is in the same boat!

-When did you guys apply?
-Local or coming from out of state?
-Is this your top choice school too?

In case anyone was wondering, they should have decisions made once March comes!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied early August and this is my top choice! Just wanted to see who else is in the same boat!

-When did you guys apply?
-Local or coming from out of state?
-Is this your top choice school too?

In case anyone was wondering, they should have decisions made once March comes!

My application was submitted in December. Probably around the 10th or so.

I live in Central Texas.

Top choice for this round. My pre-reqs were still in the process when I applied, so I didn’t apply to all the schools I wanted to.

Reactions: 1 user
The next month is going to be torture. I was reading several threads since then, and didn’t think to put my observation hours on the resume. Most schools ask for an additional form for that, so I just figured Bay Path didn’t look at that. Hope it doesn’t count against me.

I’ve had about 12 years experience in health care though..

Members don't see this ad :)
The next month is going to be torture. I was reading several threads since then, and didn’t think to put my observation hours on the resume. Most schools ask for an additional form for that, so I just figured Bay Path didn’t look at that. Hope it doesn’t count against me.

Oh I agree 100%. It's so hard to wait! Bay Path looks at their applications pretty holistically last time I checked so I'm pretty sure you'll be fine! :)

I'm from southeastern PA only 5 mins from the DE border! I started out at a school up in MA for a semester but transferred due to personal reasons. I love New England so I'm hoping to go back up there for grad!

I'm from southeastern PA only 5 mins from the DE border! I started out at a school up in MA for a semester but transferred due to personal reasons. I love New England so I'm hoping to go back up there for grad!
Awesome! I’m sure if I get in, I’ll have plenty of questions.

Like — what’s this white stuff on the ground? How do I drive in it? jk but my main concern will be finding a good school district for my daughter (she is 11).

The snow isn't toooo bad however I'm not a fan of driving in it even though I'm in PA. As long as the roads are salted, we'll be fine! And yeah I've seen the area, it's definitely really suburban so you'd have no problem finding a good school!

Haha I just visited my friend in Houston over the summer and I just remember being hit in the face with all this humidity right when I stepped out of the airport! Despite the weather, it was so fun visiting and seeing how life is down there! We didn't get to go to Galveston though so if I visit this summer again, that's where we're gonna go lol.

I’m in between Austin and San Antonio so we miss a lot of the humidity.. but it’s still too dang hot. One of my friends asked why i would apply so far north and I said cause everyone wants to go where it’s warmer!! Maybe my chances will be better! Lol

Hoping they make some calls sooner than March and surprise us!

Lol I applied more north because I love the cold. I'm a competitive weightlifter as well so I'm researching gyms around the area to possibly train at!

And I hope so too, that would make planning sooo much easier!

I totally agree with you! ... I applied for bay path at the end of November . I am so nervous because I did not included my observation hours . Do anyone know how many students they accept ?

I totally agree with you! ... I applied for bay path at the end of November . I am so nervous because I did not included my observation hours . Do anyone know how many students they accept ?
I believe it’s 140...

I wanna say 120-140ish. I visited but I totally forgot how many they said they are taking this year. Ugh I can't take all this waiting lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I wanna say 120-140ish. I visited but I totally forgot how many they said they are taking this year. Ugh I can't take all this waiting lol
I have an interview with another school in early March.. so I’m okay with the wait now. I don’t want to jump the gun and make any decisions without exploring my options.

I have an interview with another school in early March.. so I’m okay with the wait now. I don’t want to jump the gun and make any decisions without exploring my options.

I havent heard from any yet so it’s literally killing me haha

Hi! I came across this thread and I just wanted to ask if anyone has applied to Bay Path's OT program before? I applied for this coming round and I hope to get in the firs time! It's my top choice

Hey, everyone! I applied for Bay Path also and waiting to hear back is brutal. It's even worse when it's the only place you applied to .

I'm from around the area (Bay Path is literally 10 mins away for me), so I can help with any questions about the area. Good luck to everyone who applied

Hi, guys! Nice to meet you all! :)
I'm from Washington state and this is my first time applying to OT schools!
As of right now, Bay Path is my top choice since Bay Path accepts more applicants than other schools do.
I applied early January, which is considered pretty late. But I'm trying to stay positive! :)
I wish everyone the best of luck!

I’m fairly certain it doesn’t matter when you applied, as long as it’s before the deadline. They review all the applications after that. And they don’t have rolling admissions, so I don’t think it benefits you with Bay Path to submit earlier. At least that’s my impression...

I’m fairly certain it doesn’t matter when you applied, as long as it’s before the deadline. They review all the applications after that. And they don’t have rolling admissions, so I don’t think it benefits you with Bay Path to submit earlier. At least that’s my impression...
That's correct! I'm in the MOT program now and I know many people who applied early January and got in.

Reactions: 1 users
That's correct! I'm in the MOT program now and I know many people who applied early January and got in.

I think I asked someone this already but I was wondering if you'd be able to have a flexible job while in the program? I'm planning on getting my CSCS before going away to school so I'd be able to work at a gym and make some money to avoid being broke. What are your thoughts as a current student?

I think I asked someone this already but I was wondering if you'd be able to have a flexible job while in the program? I'm planning on getting my CSCS before going away to school so I'd be able to work at a gym and make some money to avoid being broke. What are your thoughts as a current student?
It really depends on the student themself. I know many of my friends did not work the first semester due to the enormous work load we had. I do know a few who worked and did great their first semester. We are in an accelerated program so the work load is very heavy. I commute to school which is an hour for me so I decided to only work one day on the weekends. The first semester is a lot of work and if you think your capable of holding a job that's great but it all depends on your ability to do both at once.

Last edited:
It really depends on the student themself. I know many of my friends did not work the first semester due to the enormous work load we had. I do know a few who worked and did great their first semester. We are in an accelerated program so the work load is very heavy. I commute to school which is an hour for me so I decided to only work one day on the weekends. The first semester is a lot of work and if you think your capable of holding a job that's great but it all depends on your ability to do both at once.
Since it’s accelerated - is the schedule M-F 8-5?

Hi!

I’m from CT I applied in November and asked specifically if there was a benefit to applying early and the response was “There is no benefit to submitting anything early. As long as everything is in by the deadline it does not matter to me when it is received.” so no worries there. Very nervous to hear

Thank you, that helped a lot! I may end up just working on the weekends because of how the schedule is and I want to make school the priority/main focus. Do you know if most students end up getting apartments or renting houses? I'm all the way from PA so I definitely would need to find somewhere to live haha

That’s the down side of not having interviews.. not being able to ask questions about the program without bothering the person who is reviewing the applications. :(

Thank you, that helped a lot! I may end up just working on the weekends because of how the schedule is and I want to make school the priority/main focus. Do you know if most students end up getting apartments or renting houses? I'm all the way from PA so I definitely would need to find somewhere to live haha
I know many students who end up just getting an apartment up there. They usually start a Facebook group and people find there roommates through that to split the expense. I know a few who got a house but not very many. Haha you def will find a place when a class member of 2020 makes the Facebook group! Many students found their roommates through that. Hope that helps!

Since it’s accelerated - is the schedule M-F 8-5?
No not necessarily. There are five sections and we all have our individual schedules every semester. My first semester I went m-t 8-1 but this semester I come in later and end at 4. We mostly have all Fridays off with occasional exams on Friday. Your second semester changes because we have fieldwork 1 so some students have mondays off and only go Tuesday-Thursday's. Depending on your section your schedule will change but school is always Monday-thursday

Reactions: 2 users
I know many students who end up just getting an apartment up there. They usually start a Facebook group and people find there roommates through that to split the expense. I know a few who got a house but not very many. Haha you def will find a place when a class member of 2020 makes the Facebook group! Many students found their roommates through that. Hope that helps!

Yes thank you! I visited Bay Path last semester and Maggie sat down with me and told me everything I'd need to know about housing! She said they try and pair up people with similar interests and habits so that helps a ton!

Is anyone going to the open house next week? I live 3-4 hours away and it would be quite a lot for me to drive so many hours in one day when i will be working that morning and the next day. However, I feel like showing up will show that I'm serious about the program (It is my top choice) Does anyone agree or am I silly to think that showing up to the open house will mean anything

Is anyone going to the open house next week? I live 3-4 hours away and it would be quite a lot for me to drive so many hours in one day when i will be working that morning and the next day. However, I feel like showing up will show that I'm serious about the program (It is my top choice) Does anyone agree or am I silly to think that showing up to the open house will mean anything
My guess is most the applications have probably been reviewed, since the decisions are to be made the week after the open house.

Oh dang so will we hear in about a week?
Last year people were posting around mar 3-7 on here saying they had heard back. My guess is it will be around the same time frame. Probably starting the 5th, since that’s the Monday.

Last year people were posting around mar 3-7 on here saying they had heard back. My guess is it will be around the same time frame. Probably starting the 5th, since that’s the Monday.
Lol so it could either make or break my birthday!

Lol so it could either make or break my birthday!
I got a mailer today from Bay Path and my heart sank. Was an ad for another MS program they have.

Don’t do that to us! Lol

Last edited:
I got a mailer today from Bay Path and my heart sank. Was an ad for another MS program they have.

Don’t do that to us! Lol

That happened to me too lol. I’m so happy to have found this message board Bay Path is my top choice so I can’t wait to hear! Best of luck to everyone ☺️

Reactions: 1 users
That happened to me too lol. I’m so happy to have found this message board Bay Path is my top choice so I can’t wait to hear! Best of luck to everyone ☺️
Haha I mean invite us to the other programs after the time frame responses are due! So many partial heart attacks.

Did anyone in this group apply for Springfield College I couldn’t find when we were supposed to hear back from them?

Did you end up going today?

I applied to Springfield, Bay Path (top choice), Alvernia (PA), Sacred Heart (probably rejected tbh), St. Kate's

Bay Path is my top choice too, I was so relieved they did not require GRE scores because mine were not anything special. Just submitted a few other apps via the OTCAS but really trying to be patient waiting for to hear from Bay Path