General Admissions & OTCAS Bay Path University Fall 2018 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bay Path is my top choice too, I was so relieved they did not require GRE scores because mine were not anything special. Just submitted a few other apps via the OTCAS but really trying to be patient waiting for to hear from Bay Path

Same here! I didn't even take the GRE lol

Members don't see this ad.

Another open house email.
One of these times I’m gonna just assume it’s an open house email then like flip when I double take and it’s my acceptance/denial. I’m so nervous I’m trying to distract myself. I applied to Springfield College and Bay Path and am waiting on results from both.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
One of these times I’m gonna just assume it’s an open house email then like flip when I double take and it’s my acceptance/denial. I’m so nervous I’m trying to distract myself. I applied to Springfield College and Bay Path and am waiting on results from both.

Praying for everyone to hear some good news in these upcoming weeks!

Reactions: 2 users
Just talked to Anastasia -the OT office assistant and she said they will definitely be out by the end of this week

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an email stating that I have been put on the waitlist. Congrats to everyone accepted! Hopefully a spot opens up for me

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got an email stating that I have been put on the waitlist. Congrats to everyone accepted! Hopefully a spot opens up for me

I'm waitlisted too. I guess I'm kind of disappointed because this was my top choice

Waitlisted fingers crossed for everyone on the waitlist and congrats on the acceptances

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I will not be accepting so hopefully a spot opens for you

For anyone who was accepted, are the remaining pre-reqs right on your letter? It says I need Stats still, and I got an A in that..

Yea I am still waiting on another school that I interviewed with. Undecided to tell the truth.

To everyone on the waitlist: do they notify us as spots become available (rolling) or is this by a certain time again?

Has anyone done an estimate on how much the total program would be tuition, books, rent etc?

Congrats to those who were accepted! Found out I was waitlisted. Good luck to those who are on the wait list, too!

I got waitlisted as well! Congrat to those who got in! Happy for you guys!

To everyone on the waitlist: do they notify us as spots become available (rolling) or is this by a certain time again?

Hi, according to the email, I think they'll notify us as spots become available.

Hi, according to the email, I think they'll notify us as spots become available.

That's what I figured, just making sure! I reserved my spot so I'm really hoping for a miracle right now

Has anyone done an estimate on how much the total program would be tuition, books, rent etc?
I believe total tuition comes out around 79k. Not sure about books but I know there is around $800 in lab fees and we are also required to have an iPad! That info is from the open house. Hope it helps!

I got in and am in the SAME situation, I took stats and got an A but my acceptance said I need to take it?

I really hope it’s just an error. Makes me a little nervous. I sent an email to Maggie with a photo of my transcripts. See what she says about it.

Have you visited the program? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

I really hope it’s just an error. Makes me a little nervous. I sent an email to Maggie with a photo of my transcripts. See what she says about it.

I visited its nice , very small town labs for peds and gerontology

I know this is the Bay Path group but does anyone know when we should expect to hear from Springfield College?

I know this is the Bay Path group but does anyone know when we should expect to hear from Springfield College?

I haven't heard a word. Honestly, thinking I'm rejected there because I never got notified of anything and I don't think I made the second round of applications :(

I haven't heard a word. Honestly, thinking I'm rejected there because I never got notified of anything and I don't think I made the second round of applications :(

That’s what I’m thinking about myself too best of luck for Bay Path!

That’s what I’m thinking about myself too best of luck for Bay Path!

Thank you! I got waitlisted but I reserved my spot so I'm really hoping for some good news in the next few weeks

Thank you! I got waitlisted but I reserved my spot so I'm really hoping for some good news in the next few weeks

I got waitlisted myself but have already heard a few people giving up their spots so I’m remaining hopeful

I got waitlisted myself but have already heard a few people giving up their spots so I’m remaining hopeful

Best of luck for you too! I wish I knew how far down on the waitlist I am. I'd rather not email and ask because I don't want to sound pushy

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I still haven't gotten an email or letter yet

Best of luck for you too! I wish I knew how far down on the waitlist I am. I'd rather not email and ask because I don't want to sound pushy

I applied last year. They will not tell you how far down the list you are. You will be notified as spots become available. I was notified after a month.

I applied last year. They will not tell you how far down the list you are. You will be notified as spots become available. I was notified after a month.

Yeah figured they wouldn’t tell you. What I got from the letter was that it seems like it’s rolling admission for people on the waitlist.

I did go to an open house over a year ago and know someone in the program now. Nothing but good things! The new Health Science Building is so nice and all the faculty seemed great. The person in the program said its manageable and likes it a lot compared to an OT program she was in previously. I also sent Maggie an email, hoping it is an oversight for sure as I really do not want to re do stats haha

Hi guys.. congrats to those who got accepted!.. I'm still waiting on my email ! Did you guys finish all your pre -reqs

I did go to an open house over a year ago and know someone in the program now. Nothing but good things! The new Health Science Building is so nice and all the faculty seemed great. The person in the program said its manageable and likes it a lot compared to an OT program she was in previously. I also sent Maggie an email, hoping it is an oversight for sure as I really do not want to re do stats haha

Right? No way I’m doing that again, considering 3 of my other major classes were based on intro to stats. (Quant, Qual, and data analysis)

I know it has only been one day but I can’t help but ask, has anyone been accepted off of the waitlist yet? I saw a couple people say on this thread that they were declining their seat. I’ve been refreshing this thread non-stop

I know it has only been one day but I can’t help but ask, has anyone been accepted off of the waitlist yet? I saw a couple people say on this thread that they were declining their seat. I’ve been refreshing this thread non-stop

Ahaha I'm in the same boat. Bay Path is my top choice so I'm definitely hoping there's room for me! Some people I've noticed aren't making decisions as quick because they probably are waiting to hear from other programs. I'm getting so anxious waiting but it may take up to a month to hear anything :(

Maggie hasn’t returned the email on the error for our acceptance letters. So for me, I’ll be waiting to hear on that and another program. We have 2 weeks to put the deposit in.

Yeah

Maggie hasn’t returned the email on the error for our acceptance letters. So for me, I’ll be waiting to hear on that and another program. We have 2 weeks to put the deposit in.

Yeah we also had 2 weeks to confirm our spots on the waitlist. So I guarantee that we won't hear anything until after those 2 weeks are up.

Yeah we also had 2 weeks to confirm our spots on the waitlist. So I guarantee that we won't hear anything until after those 2 weeks are up.
I'm in the program now and know some of my friends that were waitlisted last year. Keep positive because I know Baypath accepts several waitlisted students. A postive note is that if you get waitlisted the same day you are typically higher up on the waitlist than most of the students who are waitlisted.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm in the program now and know some of my friends that were waitlisted last year. Keep positive because I know Baypath accepts several waitlisted students. A postive note is that if you get waitlisted the same day you are typically higher up on the waitlist than most of the students who are waitlisted.

This was so helpful thank you!!

This was so helpful thank you!!
Your welcome. They pull people off the waitlist all the way until July so there is a lot of time to still get accepted. They will let you know as soon as they hear back from the decisions of all the students who were accepted. One of my good friends heard back in April so you still have a chance!

Super helpful! but can you please clarify the “A positive note is that if you get waitlisted the same day...” part. Same day as what?