Baylor Anyone??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jonkst

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seriously, does anyone know what the deal is with Baylor? They've had a bunch of interview sessions by now, but I only see 4 acceptances. Seems like they've disappeared off the map.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, that's why I started a thread asking this question about a week ago. Has anything happened since then, or are we just out of the loop?

Well, they've only had one interview session since 10/15. The only thing that I can think of is that maybe they're waiting for the next session, which is tomorrow, to make another round of calls.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by HollyJ
Well, they've only had one interview session since 10/15. The only thing that I can think of is that maybe they're waiting for the next session, which is tomorrow, to make another round of calls.

That would be my expectation as well.

good luck to the baylor interviewees this week! :clap:

Okay, this is second hand, and mostly speculation, so don't slam me.

I was talking to a Baylor grad ('97), now ENT, who said that in all likelyhood, they are only accepting the folks with the really big numbers who they feel they will have to compete for. Those of us living in-state/average Baylor stats/non trads, etc may have to wait a little longer to get that much-coveted call. She said many of the students she went to school with didn't get accepted 'til the Spring, or even came off the waitlist. It's quirky, she says, be patient.

That's what's making the waiting easier for me. Hope it helps.

Theresa

Originally posted by TheresaW

I was talking to a Baylor grad ('97), now ENT, who said that in all likelyhood, they are only accepting the folks with the really big numbers who they feel they will have to compete for. Those of us living in-state/average Baylor stats/non trads, etc may have to wait a little longer to get that much-coveted call. She said many of the students she went to school with didn't get accepted 'til the Spring, or even came off the waitlist. It's quirky, she says, be patient.

Theresa

With the exception of a few of the top 5 schools and then stanford, I got the feeling that a LOT of the students I met on interviews got in late in the year or off the waitlist (for both rolling and non-rolling schools)

I know its no consolation, but Im sure a ton of people are going to be real happy come early next year =) ;)

in response to:

Theresa

I got accepted and did not ahve really big numbers, or consider myself very competitive. I am in state and have average to below average Baylor stats, so I don't think that is a fair assesment.

Originally posted by Mrs.S
in response to:

Theresa

I got accepted and did not ahve really big numbers, or consider myself very competitive. I am in state and have average to below average Baylor stats, so I don't think that is a fair assesment.

There are exceptions to every rule, and a lot of other factors play into when they accept people. In any case, I am of the impression when I talked to students there that a good number of the actual matriculants got in later in the year or even off the waitlist. So there's plenty of time. We're still in the bottom of the 1st inning, so to speak.

Is it true that Baylor does not send out rejection letters?

I just got an invitation for a Baylor interview for December 5.

I already have several friends that have interviewed and some have been accepted.

Originally posted by Mrs.S

Lucky you.

Ouch, my pride stingeth... :p

HollyJ, Good luck tomorrow! :D

Originally posted by TheresaW
Lucky you.

Ouch, my pride stingeth... :p

HollyJ, Good luck tomorrow! :D

Thanks, Theresa! I appreciate it. I'm very excited.

I wouldn't get too discouraged about it. Clearly, they are going to accept a lot of people between now and March. It seems like the people that they've called have been a little random, so they probably have some crazy system going on. There is a ton of time left.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by BUmedic
I just got an invitation for a Baylor interview for December 5.

I already have several friends that have interviewed and some have been accepted.

My GPA is 3.39 (science 3.0), and my MCAT was 28Q (10V, 11B, 7P)

I'm a Texas resident.

BUmedic, I'm sorry if this is a totally clueless or rude thing to ask, but are there any other big factors about you that would influence your application? Like maybe URM status, found a cure for cancer, your dad's Dr. Feigin, etc.?

Not that I'm not sure that you're all kinds of fabulous. I just have a couple of friends with stats similar to yours who are wondering if they'll get an invite.

I think one thing that helped me was being apart of the Baylor SMART program last summer, eventhough my numbers are just average for Baylor. As far as competitive on a national sense, I did get accepted to Vanderbilt too, but I have already declined there, as Baylor was my first choice.

On another note, those of you who have been accepted to Baylor, I am anxious to get to know my potential classmates. Please PM me if it pleases you to do so. :)

Thanks,
Lindsay

how were the recent Baylor interviews?

i think baylor just had another interview session last friday? i'm not sure though. but hopefully some SDNers will hear good news today!:)

I loved loved loved loved loved Baylor. Hopefully they loved me too.

They said that they would be making some calls around Wednesday, but they're still really holding back on the calls since it's still early in their interview season.

Good luck, everyone!

bump...any word from baylor this week?

Its been eerily quiet from Baylor lately, has ANYONE heard since Oct. 15th?

The only info I received from them this week is that this coming week they will make a decision on whether to interview me or not.

I don't know if that is what you are looking for or not?

so quiet. so deafeningly quite. so antsy. haha. life is still good.

from the official acceptance thread, it looks like someone got into baylor this week!! not me though...

sigh...:confused: I'd be a happier person if I hadn't just read that. And if I hadn't just gotten a ticket for rolling thru a stop sign... Durn those Baylor adcoms, don't they know I'm already having a bad day???

T

Yea, I'm waiting on Baylor too, and I interviewed 10/3...

You guys are right, the silence IS kinda deafening...

-Ice

Well, its been awhile since I applied but I was in the loop of applicants until this year (I taught MCAT for 5 years in med school). I interviewed at Baylor but as they do a rotating admissions, it can take no time at all or a long time. I knew someone who got in the day before classes started. I think that most admissions are done after the UT system match date.... They get a better feel.. but they also have to contend with out of staters holding spots so it is really variable.

I was accepted in january but ended up choosing a UT school because I have a deep loathing where houston is concerned.

Best of luck to all of you.