Baylor Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

110HRDL

Given The Chance
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am out of state and I just got an email today inviting me to interview at Baylor.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! You must have a stellar stats. Just a question. How long did it take (approximately) for you to recieve the decision for interview after your file was complete?

dr.z said:
Congrats! You must have a stellar stats. Just a question. How long did it take (approximately) for you to recieve the decision for interview after your file was complete?

My app was complete 7/27

Members don't see this ad :)
wow wow wow..

congrats on that! does baylor send out notification of complete files? i wasn't sure.. anywho..good luck on the interview and congrats again!!! :D

LRmed2003 said:
wow wow wow..

congrats on that! does baylor send out notification of complete files? i wasn't sure.. anywho..good luck on the interview and congrats again!!! :D

Not sure if they send out notification (I didn't get one), but you can check the status of the app on their web site. My file got completed early this week (I say it on the status check page).

they gave me one on 9/10 (already scheduled at UTMB) so i told them that i have to reschedule. i hope the new date isnt in december or something.

IndyZX said:
they gave me one on 9/10 (already scheduled at UTMB) so i told them that i have to reschedule. i hope the new date isnt in december or something.

I got a Baylor interview on 9/10! However, I have a UT Houston interview on that date.

...the gal on the phone in the office said that I am probably rescheduled to 9/24.

tgerwuds said:
I got a Baylor interview on 9/10! However, I have a UT Houston interview on that date.

...the gal on the phone in the office said that I am probably rescheduled to 9/24.
Ok, good, I was hoping I'd be able to talk to a person and not just get another date spit back out at me. (I'd like to do it on 10/1 if possible.)

Oh, and congrats on the interview invite. They only interviewed 394 perople in-staters two years ago.

Also out of state, got an invite on the 12th.

I want a Baylor interview. :( I want an interview, period. ;) This waiting game is just so fun.

congrats. i wish i applied to baylor last year. sigh.

I wanna Baylor interview.....but I'll take an acceptance too. ;)

Plus! Bonus!! I'd have lotsa friends at the school. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
were you an early decision candidate for baylor to get an interview so early?

i really want an interview at baylor, i would love to go there. i am out of state as well.

They had everything as of July 28th... still no interview invite... Does that mean I didn't make the cut or are they still reviewing?

are ya'll with interviews early decision?

~LR

LRmed2003 said:
are ya'll with interviews early decision?

~LR
i dont think anyone on here is doing early decision. baylor just happens to get their **** together quickly.

Damn, I hope I get something soon... I was sure my stats were good enough and my secondary was decent...

I'm doing Early Decision! My interview is on 9/10...guess I'll see you there, 110...

Anybody else hear back? Anybody else doing ED?

I got mine today for 9/24. Does anybody know what the acceptance rate of interviewees is?

last yr (or the yr before) they interviewed 394 instaters and matriculated 131 (33.25%).

IndyZX said:
last yr (or the yr before) they interviewed 394 instaters and matriculated 131 (33.25%).

How many total students (in-state and out-of-state) did they interview? I'm assuming the 131 matriculants counts both in-state and out.

Do you have these stats for UTSW?

Thanks.

ut_stephen said:
How many total students (in-state and out-of-state) did they interview? I'm assuming the 131 matriculants counts both in-state and out.

Do you have these stats for UTSW?

Thanks.

Check the MSAR--and I think the AAMC/MCAT website have it in their mattriculant data section. But, according to MSAR (instate apps/interviews/matriculants ; outstate apps/interviews/matriculants)

Baylor: 1160/394/131 ; 2937/247/37
UTSW: 2231/574/195 ; 399/69/23 *but remember texas match system

Also, the number of matriculants doesn't necessarily match the number of offers of admission sent out--as applicants may get into multiple schools (lucky suckers!) and turn down their acceptance.

Hope this is what you were looking for.