Baylor interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guitarguy

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I got an invitation by email to interview at Baylor. It seems as though, from the interview program they provide, that the day (a friday) begins at 12:00 PM and ends with dinner at 7:30. From "8:00- optional" they have listed an "optional informal applicant/student gathering @ Two Rows". Are the rest of you (out of staters) planning on flying into Houston on Thursday and staying until Saturday? It seems feasible to fly into Houston early Friday and maybe stay friday night with a student and fly out on saturday? Just wondering how the rest of you are planning out your trip.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm actually interviewing there tomorrow and had originally planned to arrive in Houston tonight. Since I was coming from New Orleans and we were blessed with Isidore, I left early. It is kind of a weird schedule and probably fine to fly in Friday morning, but it does take awhile to get from the airport to the TMC. I plan to leave tomorrow and I guess for us September interviews, there was no Two Rows social planned. I know UT Houston uses it on Thursday nights and it is supposed to be cool. I plan to just see if anyone is going out when I am there tomorrow and then leave Saturday morning. Hope this helps!

Has anyone else heard the scary stories about how cutt throat is is there? I don't mind serious, but people feeling as if they have to stab you in the back just isn't right.

From what I understand the first year is graded on a pass-fail basis to allow for the class to gel and the students to get used to med school. I have friends who go there and they tell me that hypercompetivness(sp) is not a problem.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by vivekap2007
From what I understand the first year is graded on a pass-fail basis to allow for the class to gel and the students to get used to med school. I have friends who go there and they tell me that hypercompetivness(sp) is not a problem.

thanks! I figured it was blown out of proportion.

They have a student hosting program that will allow you to stay Friday evening and maybe Thursday evening if you can find a host. That's what I'm trying to line up right now for my MSTP interview there. Note though that I pretty much have to come in Thursday because the MSTP interviews are before the MD interviews on Friday morning. The default for regular interviews seems to be to come in early on Friday and leave Saturday.

If I can pull it off, I'm going to fly in on Thursday sometime and then fly out Saturday morning/afternoon. The flights from Philly to Houston are decent and pretty cheap.

To those that have Baylor interviews, how long did it take to receive them after getting your secondaries in? I haven't received my Baylor interview yet but my secondary went in about a week ago along with some LoR's.

I've been eagerly awaiting it so I was just wondering how it worked for you guys.

guitarguy,

I don't think many people went to the social after the interview day. You have MANY opportunities to talk to the students during the day and by 7 you are tired. BTW, I was very impressed.

OK, who was the indo cat we ended up getting on the stage and dancing with us at Bar Houston? Speak up brother, i admired your sack since you really didn't seem to want to do it at first. I was the dude with the silver shirt and black pants. --Trek

Originally posted by Trek
OK, who was the indo cat we ended up getting on the stage and dancing with us at Bar Houston? Speak up brother, i admired your sack since you really didn't seem to want to do it at first. I was the dude with the silver shirt and black pants. --Trek

the only guy I heard going to Bar Houston was some guy from JH. I was tired and passed out to drive home and make my little sister's soccer game this morning. did I miss all the fun?

trek, are you a student or did you interview? I was the blonde with the dark blue shirt from Tulane.