Baylor Secondary online.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jalby

I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got this from Gower on medicalgold.com. The act real quick, so I would recommend filling this out right away and you can have the interview in early september.

<a href="http://public.bcm.tmc.edu/admissions/bcm-mdadmission_instruct.html" target="_blank">http://public.bcm.tmc.edu/admissions/bcm-mdadmission_instruct.html</a>

Members don't see this ad.

Jalbrekt-

What is our AMCAS ID supposed to be? I typed in what mine is (it's my name), but it says that you should have a 10 digit amcas ID number. What is this number?

Booyah
go into your AMCAS application by typing your nameID and your password. Once you're in the application, on the first WELCOME screen, you will see your 8 digit AAMC ID number. I believe that's the one.

I am not sure where Baylor got "10 digit" from. It's supposed to be 8.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks tweetie-

I'm an idiot.

On this Friday (MCAT scores) I'll realize I am one too. :rolleyes:

Hey Jailb., or anyone who may know, there is a spot for an essay, but I'm not quite sure if the essay is supposed to be there to explain some problem or what? I have no idea if I should do this optional essay and what to put in it!

good question.

Welcome to SDN gbv. I'm clueless about the secondary. It might be different from the one I had to do last year.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by boo_yah:
•Jalbrekt-

What is our AMCAS ID supposed to be? I typed in what mine is (it's my name), but it says that you should have a 10 digit amcas ID number. What is this number?•••••If this year is anything like last, that # will be imprinted onto your brain by the end of the year like your bank PIN number. . . :D

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Mr. H:
•Hey Jailb., or anyone who may know, there is a spot for an essay, but I'm not quite sure if the essay is supposed to be there to explain some problem or what? I have no idea if I should do this optional essay and what to put in it!•••••Sort of the AMCAS optional personal comments essay?

It might not be as optional as you think..

Samoa, that's the essay I was talking about!! Is it best not to put anything down? I'm not really sure what to do about that one!

Here is my essay for that question:

I noticed recently that a medical school to which I am applying uses an equation using GPA and MCAT to get an "academic score." I would just like to point out that this "academic score" would be very misleading in my case. It would be factoring in a GPA from a time in college (my freshman and most of sophomore year) when I was lacking motivation because I wasn?t excited about my future. From the time that I discovered my problems with ADD and OCD and decided that I wanted to become a doctor, I received a 3.6 in my science classes. These were some of the hardest classes offered at my school (such as advanced genetics and physical chemistry). My mediocre grades are in classes which are some of the easiest at UCLA. If I had taken them after I had an interest in medicine, I am confident I would have received a higher GPA for my freshman and sophomore grades. So I am asking that the admissions committee take a good look at the improvement grades before eliminating me. Thanks.

I had something that I needed to explain, so that' how I used that space. What I would HIGHLY recommend using those questions for is express your interest in the school and BE SPECIFIC. Realize schools interview the best people who they think WILL GO TO THEIR SCHOOL. Just my .02.