Baylor vs McGovern (UT Houston)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

doc_burg

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After being accepted in the fall, I have been planning on going to McGovern Medical School (UT Houston). Recently I was accepted to Baylor College of Medicine, and I'm having trouble choosing between the two. I'm an out-of-state student, but I know I'll be going to Houston either way. I'm accepting an Air Force scholarship to pay for school, so the differences in tuition aren't a factor for me.

Can anyone weigh in on the differences between the schools?

Thanks for the help!
 
Last edited:
It is admirable to serve. But why take a PPSP scholarship if you know that you will be going to UTH, they are cheap af and give all OOS students IS tuition (<20K a year). Unless you want to go into primary care for sure, PPSP doesn't really make sense, even if you want to go into primary care I don't think it makes much sense. Just my 2 cents, 🙂