Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Baylor!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bujji13, Oct 15, 2002.

1. bujji13

bujji13 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Woohoo! I just got the call from Dean Bradshaw a few minutes ago! :D Good luck to all the other SDNers waiting to hear from Baylor today - stay by your phones this morning/evening! :laugh:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member
    7+ Year Member

Congrats!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

What time zone are you?

4. bujji13

bujji13 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

RP,

I'm in Baltimore. Hope you get/got the call today too! :D

5. jot

jot

yo man - congrats thats awesome! savor it:)

6. bujji13

bujji13 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanx jot,

If I heard, then I know that you're going to hear today too. Though they may take a little longer for MSTP, not sure.

7. rjhtamu

rjhtamu Stargazer Royale
    7+ Year Member

Dang it, I'm waiting for Baylor but stuck up here at work. Curses...

8. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member
    7+ Year Member

THanks... but I don't think it's going to happen. I'm in the same time zone as you :( Oh well... I'm still waiting to hear from a few other schools too.

9. ::Seabass::

::Seabass:: bringing burkas back!
    7+ Year Member

It seems like all the people getting acceptances are from out of state. Do you know if there is any difference for how many instaters they accept like us?

10. bujji13

bujji13 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

RP,

Cheer up - it's still morning! From what I know, Dean Bradshaw will call people throughout the day and evening. You have one great acceptance already, and I'm sure you'll get plenty more :D . And soon too!

11. PrincessCKNY

PrincessCKNY Crown Royal Member
    7+ Year Member

12. bujji13

bujji13 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Seaworth,

I'm a proud Texan! :laugh: Although I go to school out of state. From what I know, Baylor accepts the same number of instaters as non-residents - but the class ends up being 80% Texan. I don't know how the accept rates differ (ie how many nonresidents vs. residents apply). Did we meet maybe on the 27th? :confused: I was the (only) guy in a really light gray suit - I stick out at all my interviews! :laugh: G'luck, hope ya get the good news real soon, ya' hear? :D

13. ::Seabass::

7+ Year Member

light gray suit? I don't know. I was a blonde, black suit, dark blue button down in the back row when we were introducing ourselves and I went to Tulane. I pointed out the guy I volunteer with and spent part of the day walking around with the really tall guy I had met at an earlier interview. being from JHU you were probably towards the front, right? there seemed to be a massive amount of you guys.

congrats on your acceptance. I think they end up accepting the same amount because the TX residents tend to want to stay or return to TX and some of the out of staters will have many acceptances from top 10 schools.

14. rjhtamu

rjhtamu Stargazer Royale
    7+ Year Member

Hey everyone, Another proud Texan here. Got this call this morning while I was at work that I've been accepted!!

15. bujji13

bujji13 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

rjhtamu:

Congrats bud! :clap: Aren't you psyched ? - I know I am. Have you heard anything about a "second - look weekend" ? I've already visited plenty of times, but I just want go there again anyway. :D

If so, hope to see some SDNers there :)

16. rjhtamu

rjhtamu Stargazer Royale
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, I'm definitely psyched. Just glad the process is pretty much over with now. My parents are actually moving to Houston right now, so having family close by will be an added bonus.

17. jalan2

jalan2 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

You guys ROCK!!! Congrats Bujji and Rjhtamu!!!! :clap:

18. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Make sure they have the right phone number. :)

Even if your AMCAS has been updated, don't depend on that. Baylor will even get alumni to try to call you. :)

19. ::Seabass::

7+ Year Member

I just emailed to inquire if my texas residency questionnaire had been recieved yet after I was sent an email last Thursday informing me the original had been lost and I needed to send in another. The admissions office emailed back it is being looked over right now. My residency is somewhat sketchy and I have no hope if they don't declare me in-state. Then again, being looked over could mean a secretary is just filing it in to my application folder. Such stress.

20. Dynastar

Dynastar Member
    7+ Year Member

What were you guys that got accepted stats like gpa/mcat wise? I have my interview on Nov 15 so I'd like to know how I stack up with those accepted.

I have a 31/3.8gpa.

21. longhorn

longhorn Membership Revoked
    Removed

I have my interview on Nov 15 as well

22. Dynastar

Dynastar Member
    7+ Year Member

Cool, I'll see ya there.

23. texasgal1112

texasgal1112 Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey ya'll,
    I have an interview on Nov 15 also! I was wondering to those who have interviewed already, is there anything else you would like to add about your interview to help those of us interviewing later? I read the interview feedback info. already, but is there anything else? Thanks guys! And Congrats to those who got in already! =)

24. jot

jot

i still haven't gotten anything in the mail - though i got a phone call -- teh dean said he was delayed in calling people and will be calling a few more people within the next week.

the interviews were really relaxed - one student and one faculty for md. nothing at all difficult abotu them - just talk about yourself. dont' get lost like i did! its a big place. gluck

25. mystic_b

mystic_b Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey, me too! That's four of us with a Nov. 15 interview! Sounds like they interview in large batches. I still need to book my plane ticket. See you all there!

26. jot

jot

they interview something like 45 md's at a shot - there were only 5 md/phds but we spent the afternoon with everyone else. twas a good time

27. DoubleDoctor

DoubleDoctor Ceder Dog's Daddy
    7+ Year Member

Congrats to you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :D :clap: :D :clap:

28. ::Seabass::

7+ Year Member

yeah, the interviews are great. they spend the first hour making you feel relaxed and comfortable. as the day goes on they go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and feed you lots.

29. Dynastar

Dynastar Member
    7+ Year Member

I was under the impressions we are suppose to bring extra shoes for walking or perhaps even a different set of casual clothes??

Is this what you guys did??

30. jot

jot

its only one day so there isn't time to change into casual clothes during the tour - everyone is in their suit. but i would recommend comfortable shoes, cause i had severe blisters at the end of the day (its a huge place!) from the new shoes (which are now beaten in pretty good :).