Baylor!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bujji13

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Woohoo! I just got the call from Dean Bradshaw a few minutes ago! :D Good luck to all the other SDNers waiting to hear from Baylor today - stay by your phones this morning/evening! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

What time zone are you?

RP,

I'm in Baltimore. Hope you get/got the call today too! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanx jot,

If I heard, then I know that you're going to hear today too. Though they may take a little longer for MSTP, not sure.

Dang it, I'm waiting for Baylor but stuck up here at work. Curses...

Originally posted by bujji13
RP,

I'm in Baltimore. Hope you get/got the call today too! :D

THanks... but I don't think it's going to happen. I'm in the same time zone as you :( Oh well... I'm still waiting to hear from a few other schools too.

Originally posted by rjhtamu
Dang it, I'm waiting for Baylor but stuck up here at work. Curses...

It seems like all the people getting acceptances are from out of state. Do you know if there is any difference for how many instaters they accept like us?

RP,

Cheer up - it's still morning! From what I know, Dean Bradshaw will call people throughout the day and evening. You have one great acceptance already, and I'm sure you'll get plenty more :D . And soon too!

Originally posted by seaworthc
It seems like all the people getting acceptances are from out of state. Do you know if there is any difference for how many instaters they accept like us?

Seaworth,

I'm a proud Texan! :laugh: Although I go to school out of state. From what I know, Baylor accepts the same number of instaters as non-residents - but the class ends up being 80% Texan. I don't know how the accept rates differ (ie how many nonresidents vs. residents apply). Did we meet maybe on the 27th? :confused: I was the (only) guy in a really light gray suit - I stick out at all my interviews! :laugh: G'luck, hope ya get the good news real soon, ya' hear? :D

light gray suit? I don't know. I was a blonde, black suit, dark blue button down in the back row when we were introducing ourselves and I went to Tulane. I pointed out the guy I volunteer with and spent part of the day walking around with the really tall guy I had met at an earlier interview. being from JHU you were probably towards the front, right? there seemed to be a massive amount of you guys.

congrats on your acceptance. I think they end up accepting the same amount because the TX residents tend to want to stay or return to TX and some of the out of staters will have many acceptances from top 10 schools.

Hey everyone, Another proud Texan here. Got this call this morning while I was at work that I've been accepted!!

Members don't see this ad :)
rjhtamu:

Congrats bud! :clap: Aren't you psyched ? - I know I am. Have you heard anything about a "second - look weekend" ? I've already visited plenty of times, but I just want go there again anyway. :D

If so, hope to see some SDNers there :)

Yeah, I'm definitely psyched. Just glad the process is pretty much over with now. My parents are actually moving to Houston right now, so having family close by will be an added bonus.

You guys ROCK!!! Congrats Bujji and Rjhtamu!!!! :clap:

Make sure they have the right phone number. :)

Even if your AMCAS has been updated, don't depend on that. Baylor will even get alumni to try to call you. :)

I just emailed to inquire if my texas residency questionnaire had been recieved yet after I was sent an email last Thursday informing me the original had been lost and I needed to send in another. The admissions office emailed back it is being looked over right now. My residency is somewhat sketchy and I have no hope if they don't declare me in-state. Then again, being looked over could mean a secretary is just filing it in to my application folder. Such stress.

What were you guys that got accepted stats like gpa/mcat wise? I have my interview on Nov 15 so I'd like to know how I stack up with those accepted.

I have a 31/3.8gpa.

I have my interview on Nov 15 as well

Cool, I'll see ya there.

Hey ya'll,
I have an interview on Nov 15 also! I was wondering to those who have interviewed already, is there anything else you would like to add about your interview to help those of us interviewing later? I read the interview feedback info. already, but is there anything else? Thanks guys! And Congrats to those who got in already! =)

i still haven't gotten anything in the mail - though i got a phone call -- teh dean said he was delayed in calling people and will be calling a few more people within the next week.

the interviews were really relaxed - one student and one faculty for md. nothing at all difficult abotu them - just talk about yourself. dont' get lost like i did! its a big place. gluck

Hey, me too! That's four of us with a Nov. 15 interview! Sounds like they interview in large batches. I still need to book my plane ticket. See you all there!

they interview something like 45 md's at a shot - there were only 5 md/phds but we spent the afternoon with everyone else. twas a good time

Congrats to you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :D :clap: :D :clap:

yeah, the interviews are great. they spend the first hour making you feel relaxed and comfortable. as the day goes on they go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and feed you lots.

I was under the impressions we are suppose to bring extra shoes for walking or perhaps even a different set of casual clothes??

Is this what you guys did??

its only one day so there isn't time to change into casual clothes during the tour - everyone is in their suit. but i would recommend comfortable shoes, cause i had severe blisters at the end of the day (its a huge place!) from the new shoes (which are now beaten in pretty good :).