Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spacecadet

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The BCM admissions people are driving me crazy. I can't get any information out of them!

I called the admissions office to find out which of my letters of rec they have received. The lady on the phone tells me to email Melody because she's the only one with that information.

So I email Melody to verify that they received my 2ndary and to ask which letters they have received. She writes back that, yes, they have received my 2ndary.

I write back asking if they have received any letters. She answers "yes".

I try again, stating that I'm trying to find out what information they still need so that my application will be complete. She writes back "Have you received anything from us yet?"

Ok, this whole process is driving me crazy! Does this mean that I should expect to receive something or what?

I'm sure that at least one of my letters is not there yet. I don't know about two others, and I was hoping that they could tell me so that I don't have to needlessly nag my recommenders.

Sorry this is so long and rambling. I guess my basic questions are:

1. Has anyone received an interview invite before all of their letters of rec were submitted?
2. Has anyone been able to get any real information out of the admissions people at Baylor?

Thanks for reading.

Pam

Members don't see this ad.

I actually received an email from them once my application was complete. It tells you that they have received the primary, secondary, mcat scores, and letters of rec.

I'm pretty sure that they do not give interviews until they receieve ALL of your information...i heard from them maybe 2/3 weeks after the completion of my app about an interview

Space-

I received an interview invite 1 week after submitting my secondary (they already had most of my letters of rec.) and I am still planning on sending one more letter to them. I emailed Melody to ask if I could send an additional letter of rec and she told me I could and also asked me: Have you heard from us yet? Later that day the interview invite was in the mail. Good luck and don't sweat it!

Members don't see this ad :)
interesting...when i called about the rec letters, they checked and told me which ones were there, etc.

Well, don't I feel silly. I got my interview invite today! :D

September 21. Woo hoo! Baylor is my #1 choice. Wish me luck!

Also, they invited me to the MD/PhD interview, even though I am not applying PhD. Is that normal? I don't know if I want to go to that part, since I want to be a clinical doctor, rather than a researcher. However, I hate to offend anyone by skipping part of the interview. It's on Friday morning, and the MD interviews are Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.

Pam

Originally posted by spacecadet:
•Also, they invited me to the MD/PhD interview, even though I am not applying PhD. Is that normal? I don't know if I want to go to that part, since I want to be a clinical doctor, rather than a researcher. However, I hate to offend anyone by skipping part of the interview. It's on Friday morning, and the MD interviews are Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.

Pam•
I would have passed on that, personally. Like you, I want to be a clinician only, and if I were in your enviable position, I would have told them this and politely declined.

Do me a favor and get accepted to Baylor so you don't have to apply to the schools I'm applying to. I can't compete! :D