BCPM or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

worriedpremed21

Reaction score
I'm looking for some interesting classes I could that could boost my BCPM gpa and found one called "Exercise in Health and Disease." I know this sound like public health but the official course catalog description is:

"In-depth scientific study of etiology, pathophysiology, and mechanisms of exercise intervention for chronic diseases: including, not limited to, atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, hypertension, metabolic syndrome, diabetes (including complications), hyperlipidemia, obesity, cancer, and chronic obstructive lung disease."

Do you think just based on this I could get away with classifying it as BCPM and how often does AMCAS actually change classification? Based on what I've read, it seems they usually trust the student. Also, if I was to dispute a classification, how long does it take to go through as I wouldnt want to delay my verification? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
These do get verified, but how likely you are to get overruled and how long it may delay your verification probably will depend on the AMCAS reviewer.

Take the course if you think it would be interesting and you’re ok with it potentially not counting. If you absolutely need a BCPM bump then take a real BCPM course

Reactions: 1 user