BCPP - Psychiatric Pharmacy exam Spring 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackwidowpharm

Reaction score
Hello! I am preparing for the Spring BCPP exam. I was unsuccessful in passing the fall examination and I am looking for others with different practice settings and clinical experience who are also taking this exam. How are you studying? What lectures and study materials are you using? Do you have a study group that has been beneficial?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I just recently joined and am preparing to take the BCPP at some point. So far I've just bought the CPNP's Psych pharm review book and made my own notecards. I find the review book really useful and informative, but I have a feeling I might need more outlets to study. I met another pharmacist who is also a licensed counselor who retook the BCPP and passed the second time. This person's recommendation was to just read the CPNP Psych pharm review book.

Just curious how things are going for you? Were you able to find some useful resources and people to connect with?

Hey! I haven’t gotten my results yet but I feel the review book did not prepare me well enough for the exam. I also purchased the stat pearls q-bank. The questions were helpful but I’m not sure how much. I found them a good asset to the CPNP review book. I actually filed a complaint with CPNP that their study materials do not prepare candidates well enough for the exam. I knew the review book very very well and still did not feel confident after writing the exam. They got back to me and said that without a psychiatric pharmacy residency, the pass rate is less than 50%. In their minds this was explained by the fact that not everything can be learned from a book and that practice experience is most important. In my mind that points to the study materials not being sufficient enough for candidates to pass the exam. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sorry to hear that, it sounds like you worked really hard at preparing. I do hope it works out and you have passed :) Thank you for sharing your experience and your advice!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I am preparing for the Spring BCPP exam. I was unsuccessful in passing the fall examination and I am looking for others with different practice settings and clinical experience who are also taking this exam. How are you studying? What lectures and study materials are you using? Do you have a study group that has been beneficial?
Hello,
I will be taking the BCPP in spring 2023. Wanted to connect with you to see what resources your are using?
Thanks
zaf

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I just recently joined and am preparing to take the BCPP at some point. So far I've just bought the CPNP's Psych pharm review book and made my own notecards. I find the review book really useful and informative, but I have a feeling I might need more outlets to study. I met another pharmacist who is also a licensed counselor who retook the BCPP and passed the second time. This person's recommendation was to just read the CPNP Psych pharm review book.

Just curious how things are going for you? Were you able to find some useful resources and people to connect with?
Hey, I am also thinking about taking the BCPP exam. What resources are you using?

Hey, I am also thinking about taking the BCPP exam. What resources are you using?

Hello,
I am also taking the BCPP spring 2023 exam for recertification. I can share what I did to pass it previously in 2014 but need tips as well.
Thanks