BCPS Spring 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dumditi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking to form a study group .. please message if interested. Need to start ASAP!
TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations to one and all who were successful in their respective board certification exams!

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you waiting for your result too?
Yeah, I've seen people with first letter of last name before and after mine get their results. People got their results who took the exam before and after I took mine. I'm pretty sure it's random. Atleast that's what I'm telling myself...

Yeah, I've seen people with first letter of last name before and after mine get their results. People got their results who took the exam before and after I took mine. I'm pretty sure it's random. Atleast that's what I'm telling myself...
Lol. Hugs.

mine is still eligible…

Missed BCPS by 2 points.. So bummed. I'm wondering if that's worth a score report or if I should just hold off.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
The waiting is painful 😬
Maybe tomorrow then lol

the thing this is my 2nd board certification, and it is not very important.

if I passed great

if I failed, no big deal lol

still have a wonderful and very secure career as a clinical pharmacist in a large city 😊

First of all 571 is a solid score, not close at all. I consider close to be +/- 10 points. I had a coworker pass BCPS last year with a 504!!! She was our operations manager and a busy mom who barely had time to study. I think her raw intelligence pulled her through because she was so not ready. This most recent ID exam was also silly in the lack of "meat and potatoes" questions that one would expect. Very random off the wall stuff. I would not prepare differently other than be better prepared (if that makes sense). ID is tough to write questions for because there is so much controversy and nuance. So you have to do well on objective stuff like stats, resistance mechanisms, drug interactions. antibiotic stewardship, etc. Anyway, the real learning takes place before and after the test in terms of what helps us achieve better patient outcomes. The ultimate point of this.
Lol.. I think, you might have misread my message b/c I forgot to quote the prior author. The close score I was referring to was the person who got a 493 on the BCIDP, not my score. But yes, as I outlined for my rational above (maybe not clearly), basically, studying the materials for the test was excellent for you to be a better pharmacist, it's just that the way the BCIDP test currently is written that isn't a good measure of how much ID you really know/how good of a pharmacist you are in my opinion.

Failed with a 483. -_- I will be retaking this in the fall, do I need to submit a whole new application or wait for the email to give me a special link to apply through? The new application says it would charge $600 but it should be $300 retake fee if I do it within a year.

I just found out I passed too! :) Had to retake it after failing in the fall. I was going crazy waiting the results...
I was just out of my PGY-1 when I took it in the fall... thanks god I'm done with this exam!

Reactions: 4 users
As someone who doesn't have a residency or practice in critical care (nightshift staff), what suggestions does anyone have on passing the BCCCP? I studied using High Yield Med reviews and although it made me more comfortable with the material than using ACCP the last time I took the exam, I did worse this time around. What combinations of resources and study strategies seem to work best for BCCCP? My test seemed so random and harder than the last time I took it in the fall.
If you want to go all out do ACCP, ASHP, HYMR (Qbank only), Stat Pearls Qbank. After that it just boils down to luck and there is nothing you can do about that.

Looks like BCGP numbers are still going up. BCNP, BCNSP, BCPS, AQCD, and AQID remain.
No such thing as AQ exams anymore. The AQ titles are being phased out (never should have existed in the first place to be honest!). BCIDP and BCCP now.

First time? How did you feel when you left the exam?
Yes first time. I did not feel good when I left. But I think we tend to focus on the bad questions. I started preparing immediately for the retake. I probably reasoned my way through questions better than I thought given my extensive experience in this field.

Lol.. I think, you might have misread my message b/c I forgot to quote the prior author. The close score I was referring to was the person who got a 493 on the BCIDP, not my score. But yes, as I outlined for my rational above (maybe not clearly), basically, studying the materials for the test was excellent for you to be a better pharmacist, it's just that the way the BCIDP test currently is written that isn't a good measure of how much ID you really know/how good of a pharmacist you are in my opinion.
I agree and one can make that argument with all of these board exams. The CE recert exams are where it is at in terms of real world usefulness.

Do you use ashp or accp?
Depends. I used both for BCPS and BCCCP. For BCIDP the ACCP and ASHP team up for the review course so there is only one. I used HYMR Qbank and Stat Pearls Qbank. I like Dr. Busti but most of his lectures are out of date. Plus, there is no transparency in the sense of when it was recorded. The HYMR Qbanks are very good, albeit basic. I also recommend ACCP for stats (the dedicated course) and their practice exams are challenging. If you want to go balls deep then do all the PSAP, CCSAP, IDSAP, etc. stuff and you will be bullet proof. You will also have zero life. All depends on how bad you want it....

I did not do a residency. I chose to use the practice experience route. I used the ACCP books ( read through all of them and did the questions), then did the practice test for ACCP and ASHP. I also used the HYMR Q-bank. Also listened to the older lectures on YouTube for ACCP. Good luck to everyone!

passed BCPS. this was my second time after last fall which I missed by few points. Thank you to all who helped with resources and materials and sharing the burden of waiting. Everyone planning to retake, just don't delay, plan to retake in fall so you retain some info from this time. That kind of helped me this time. ACCP review questions and test questions from each chapter was valuable to me this time. I remember similar questions asked this time.

Reactions: 4 users
Do you think we failed?
Do you think we
passed BCPS. this was my second time after last fall which I missed by few points. Thank you to all who helped with resources and materials and sharing the burden of waiting. Everyone planning to retake, just don't delay, plan to retake in fall so you retain some info from this time. That kind of helped me this time. ACCP review questions and test questions from each chapter was valuable to me this time. I remember similar questions asked this time.
Hi ruth86
I missed few points this time and need to retake in fall. Do you mind if I asked few questions from this exam. I can give you my email.