BCPS Spring 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BCPSHopeful

Reaction score
Didn't find a thread for Spring 2022 so figured I'd make one.

I took the exam in Fall 2021 but unfortunately failed. Was not too far off though.

In any case, I am retaking it this Spring and hope I pass. Anyone else taking it? What/how are you studying?

Members don't see this ad.

I am taking it for the first time in mid May. I am using ACCP. What about you?

Reactions: 1 user
I am taking it for the first time in mid May. I am using ACCP. What about you?
I am using the ACCP book + ACCP book for biostats + High Yields question bank + Meded101 exams. Planning on buying the ACCP exams too.

Anyone know how the meded101 exam correlates to the actual exam? I got 120/175 (68.6%) right, so was wondering how that correlates to the real thing.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking it in Mid May too. I like Med101 but I don't think it covers a lot in details. I'm planning to buy ACCP practice exam too.

If anyone is interested, we can form a study group and keep in touch with each other. I am registering for mid-May. I use GroupMe; I can make a group there. PM me your ID if interested.

I'm taking it in Mid May too. I like Med101 but I don't think it covers a lot in details. I'm planning to buy ACCP practice exam too.
Out of curiosity, have you taken the MedEd101 exam yet? I was wondering how you did if you dont mind saying? I took exam 1 but can't quite guage how I did...

If anyone is interested, we can form a study group and keep in touch with each other. I am registering for mid-May. I use GroupMe; I can make a group there. PM me your ID if interested.
Awesome! Count me in. What information do I need to provide you?
Out of curiosity, have you taken the MedEd101 exam yet? I was wondering how you did if you dont mind saying? I took exam 1 but can't quite guage how I did...
No, I haven’t taken the MedEd101 exam yet.

I actually made a channel on Slack, I think I would need your email to add you in.
Awesome! Count me in. What information do I need to provide you?

No, I haven’t taken the MedEd101 exam yet.
I made a Slack group , I would need your email to add you in.

I took the exam in Fall 2021 but unfortunately failed. Was not too far off though.

In any case, I am retaking it this Spring and hope I pass. Anyone else taking it? What/how are you studying?

me too, failed in the fall 2021 season and now retaking. Hope i pass. i would also like to join the study group.

I honestly didnt dedicate as much time as i should have the first time. Studied maybe 3 weeks on and off. This time, I started in dec (taking it on 4/19/2022). In addition, i purchased the med101 material. Will also be supplementing with the ACCP book as well. Gonna focus more on biostats and reg material. Will also take a few practice exams. Anyone who is interested in sharing resources, let me know.

I honestly didnt dedicate as much time as i should have the first time. Studied maybe 3 weeks on and off. This time, I started in dec (taking it on 4/19/2022). In addition, i purchased the med101 material. Will also be supplementing with the ACCP book as well. Gonna focus more on biostats and reg material. Will also take a few practice exams. Anyone who is interested in sharing resources, let me know.
Mind telling me how you do on the MedEd101 exam when you take it? I took the first one but cant tell what it exactly means since I have nothing to gauge it by

Members don't see this ad :)
Mind telling me how you do on the MedEd101 exam when you take it? I took the first one but cant tell what it exactly means since I have nothing to gauge it by
Yesh sure, will probably take in end of feb. Wanna finish reviewing thoroughly first. Will let you know.

Does anyone here live in NY tri-state area? Was thinking of making a study group?
whats your email - i am part of a bcps study group as well, if you want, i can add you. lots of folks there from the east coast, not sure abt tri state area but you can check it out and see if it works out for you

Hi! I am interested in joining the study group. Planning to take the exam early May

That’s SOOO close!! What do you feel like you could have done differently?
A few things...
1. I felt like I rushed at the end because I was, quite frankly, tired of taking the dang exam. It's not like I didn't realize how long it would be...but I just was mentally fatigued.
2. I didn't take the whole 30 minute break. I should have. I now realize that was an error. Next time I'll go outside and walk around.
3. Maybe a little fear of the unknown perhaps? Maybe I went in with a losing frame of mind. I've now accepted the fact that the test HAS to be as random as it was....even though I felt like my particular test had a 'theme'..but I've heard others had different 'themes'.
4. The biostats/regulatory were my strongest domains surprisingly enough. I was just 'average' on the meds part. Again, it's so random.

It’s annoying that it’s so random but I completely understand. And props to you for not giving up!
The only reason I'm taking it again this time is because it's 1/2 price. If I fail it again I'll probably never attempt it again

The only reason I'm taking it again this time is because it's 1/2 price. If I fail it again I'll probably never attempt it again
I took it in 2021 and am retaking it too for the exact same reason. Last time around, I only took one practice exam (ACCP) and didn’t do any more test prep questions-I just reviewed the ACCP material. So of course once rbe exam day came, I completely froze. Major mistake for me and I for sure learned my lesson

Hello everyone!

Future BCPS hopeful here that would like to join any study groups available. My email is [email protected]
I am a 2018 grad working in an inpatient hospital setting with some clinical tasks.
A few questions/advice I am looking for:
  1. Is it worth rushing to review and learn all the material before the spring window ends? I was leaning towards taking it in the fall to give myself more time.
  2. If taking it in the fall, if I purchase the 2021 ACCP course package will that suffice for the fall exam or is it worth waiting till May for the new material to come out and waste 2 months of potential study time? Was going to also purchase the MedEd101 regulatory and biostats guides.
Thanks, Pham!!!

Matt

Hello everyone!

Future BCPS hopeful here that would like to join any study groups available. My email is [email protected]
I am a 2018 grad working in an inpatient hospital setting with some clinical tasks.
A few questions/advice I am looking for:
  1. Is it worth rushing to review and learn all the material before the spring window ends? I was leaning towards taking it in the fall to give myself more time.
  2. If taking it in the fall, if I purchase the 2021 ACCP course package will that suffice for the fall exam or is it worth waiting till May for the new material to come out and waste 2 months of potential study time? Was going to also purchase the MedEd101 regulatory and biostats guides.
Thanks, Pham!!!

Matt
Hi Matt,

I think there's no rush. I took BCPS 13 years after graduation 🎓 and well after I stopped practicing in a traditional setting. No problem. Just work.

Personally, I didn't find that the material in the books generally changed too much to justify waiting till May to get the study materials. I think you would do yourself better by just starting studying earlier. It is always possible that it does significantly change. However, BCPS is more likely to test you on established fact than an obscure brand new change. That's what I was told, and it was consistent with my test a few years ago.

How do you purchase the ACCP BCOP mock exam? I only see the ACCP Pharmacotherapy Mock Exam on the website. Thanks!

Also, Domain III (Clinical Trials/Research) doesn't seem to be completely covered by the ASHP/ACCP material (i.e. doesn't discuss IRBs, drug approvals etc) - what materials are you guys using for this?

Hi. I am taking naplex in mid June. I am interested in joining the study group

I just bought the ACCP 2021 mock exam and took it. Got a 64%. According to them average is a 64.45%. So I don't know how to feel about this...

me too, failed in the fall 2021 season and now retaking. Hope i pass. i would also like to join the study
I actually made a channel on Slack, I think I would need your email to add you in.

I made a Slack group , I would need your email to add you in.
Hi! Can you add me to your study group … [email protected]
I can share what I have so far …

I just took it yesterday. I thought it was a good mix of really hard questions and some that were ridiculously easy. Overall, lots of super random questions that you probably just have to know from experience but I thought the exam was fair. It’s my second time taking it but this time I honestly feel like I didn’t do better despite studying a lot more. I only used the ACCP materials in case anyone is wondering. What did you think of the test?

I want to take BCGP this fall. Looking to form study group or is there one already.

I just took it yesterday. I thought it was a good mix of really hard questions and some that were ridiculously easy. Overall, lots of super random questions that you probably just have to know from experience but I thought the exam was fair. It’s my second time taking it but this time I honestly feel like I didn’t do better despite studying a lot more. I only used the ACCP materials in case anyone is wondering. What did you think of the test?
You and I are in the same boat. Will also be my 2nd time and I studied a lot more...

I take it in a few days