BCPS Spring 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BCPSHopeful

Reaction score
Didn't find a thread for Spring 2022 so figured I'd make one.

I took the exam in Fall 2021 but unfortunately failed. Was not too far off though.

In any case, I am retaking it this Spring and hope I pass. Anyone else taking it? What/how are you studying?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else feel like this exam was extremely random? Feeling nervous about the results and feeling like i might've failed walking out of there :'(

Reactions: 1 users
I feel the same way as you both as far as how I did. However since this is my second time taking, I expected the randomness and it didn’t really come as much of a surprise to me. I’m definitely feeling anxious and I hope I don’t have to retake it again. Good luck!

I feel the same way as you both as far as how I did. However since this is my second time taking, I expected the randomness and it didn’t really come as much of a surprise to me. I’m definitely feeling anxious and I hope I don’t have to retake it again. Good luck!
Would you actually take it a third time though haha? I think if I fail this 2nd time, then it is what it is. I have no true incentive to pay $1500 (if you pass the third time) for what ultimately adds up to extra letters after your name and a modest resume boost.

Same. Amazing how I got zero questions on sepsis, heart failure, afib.... and multiple on gout.

They overrepresent the disease states that are irrelevant in practice.
Just wondering, everyone got different set of questions? Or different set of question for each day section? I dont have gout at all. A few cardiac questions

I thought all questions are supposed to be the same for spring exam…otherwise it isn’t fair?

Just wondering, everyone got different set of questions? Or different set of question for each day section? I dont have gout at all. A few cardiac questions

I thought all questions are supposed to be the same for spring exam…otherwise it isn’t fair?
I thought it was each day gets a different set of questions but I could be wrong. I got no gout, many vaccine questions which was pretty unexpected. a few cardiac questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you actually take it a third time though haha? I think if I fail this 2nd time, then it is what it is. I have no true incentive to pay $1500 (if you pass the third time) for what ultimately adds up to extra letters after your name and a modest resume boost.
I think I’ll try for the third time then give up after that lol but I feel ya. This whole process has been stressful and expensive for not a lot of reward in the end.

I, too, also did not recall a lot of gout questions so we must have had different questions on the test.

What I have heard in the past if you got majority of your stats questions down, you are set. Everything else is random And hard to predict whats on the test.

I am taking it in Sept 2022, any advise would be greatly appreciated. I do not even know where to start. ANy ideas what topics I should cover?

Last edited by a moderator:
ACCP. Study everything, the exam covers a lot of topics.

I honestly didnt dedicate as much time as i should have the first time. Studied maybe 3 weeks on and off. This time, I started in dec (taking it on 4/19/2022). In addition, i purchased the med101 material. Will also be supplementing with the ACCP book as well. Gonna focus more on biostats and reg material. Will also take a few practice exams. Anyone who is interested in sharing resources, let me know.
Taking it 2022 sept.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, but my friend took it in Spring 2021 and it was released in the last week of July.
Can’t gauge it with last year - Spring 2021 exam period was from April 19-June 1, hence why results came out the last week of July.

I took BCPS on May 3, 2019, and found out my results by the end of June. Last fall though, my colleague said it took him almost 2 months for him to find out his results (exam on Oct 8, results on Dec 2).

I took BCIDP this time around and getting anxious about the results lol. I’m thinking they should start coming out after the holiday. *crosses fingers*

Reactions: 1 users
Can’t gauge it with last year - Spring 2021 exam period was from April 19-June 1, hence why results came out the last week of July.

I took BCPS on May 3, 2019, and found out my results by the end of June. Last fall though, my colleague said it took him almost 2 months for him to find out his results (exam on Oct 8, results on Dec 2).

I took BCIDP this time around and getting anxious about the results lol. I’m thinking they should start coming out after the holiday. *crosses fingers*
Ohhh I didn't realize this. Now I'm a little anxious all of a sudden lol.

So I guess the result will start coming out on July 15th?
They normally have let people know like the week before it is released. So if they don't inform by like Friday it's not likely to happen. I just don't understand how it takes 60+ days to grade an electronic exam.

Reactions: 1 user
Usually on the homepage, they'll announce that the scores will be rolled out soon. So keep an eye out!

I just don't understand how it takes 60+ days to grade an electronic exam.
I thought the same way too when I took it. Took the full 60 days to release the scores from Spring 2021 but only 45 days from Fall 2021.

My understanding is that each question may be scrutinized during the grading process by a board or a committee of testing members. Therefore the grading for each question may not be linear.

Each question may be weighted a certain way.
They may adjust the points of a certain question based on difficulty or fairness.
They may throw out questions or keep them as experimental.
They may have discussions regarding controversial topics or confusing guidelines or evidence-based literature.

That's my guess anyways.

Good luck everyone!