-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Bcps
Started by ngmc11
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OMG! Are they aware that we have to ask our university to send the hard copy of our transcript to them if we want to retake the exam in Fall 2015, and the deadline for the Fall exam is 1st August!!! I may miss the chance to retake it this year!![]()
They are CLEARLY not aware, idk why it takes soo long!! 🙁
haha got so excited, what made you think that?Excuse that post.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I studied about 3 1/2 months and felt like I would never be ready but I was fine. I also had been out of school for 15+ years at the time. Waiting for the results was the very worst part. Continue studying and take the exam as scheduled. Chances are you are going to surprise yourself.How long did you guys take to study? I'm getting nervous about this test. I started studying a couple of weeks ago. I've also been doing a lot of questions from the ACCP Flip Card app on my phone (actually went through all of them). I know about 55% of the material without studying. I don't know if that's good or bad! I thought about withdrawing my application to take the test, but they keep $200 of your money and won't give you the rest until after the testing period is over, so I won't see my $400 until October. I figure it's probably better to just take the test and fail it then to completely lose out of $200. I've also known people that spent only a few months studying and passed it. I guess I'm just worried because I'm moving, starting a new job, I have to get licensed in a new state and then also have to study for this test but then I know people who are working full-time, have families, work in administration so may not remember all the clinical stuff, and started studying in like July and passed the test so I really shouldn't have an excuse. Bah! 🙂
Thank you all for the advice! I spoke with them and was told you're only allowed to defer your registration from Spring to Fall which I think stinks. I was going to go ahead and take it but honestly, I'm a bit burned out at this point and really just want to enjoy my time off with my family, getting ready for my new job, and not studying. I'm going to cancel and retake in the spring. 🙂
I sent an email and was told "Thanks for getting in touch. Results should be available sometime between July 7th and 10th"
Think it will be the 7th still and not 9-10th? at least this weekend will go by fast!
Good luck to everyone waiting on their results this week
...
Anyone else looking for study material (pharmacotherapy) can pm me.
... Anyone else looking for study material (pharmacotherapy) can pm me.
They did a test run to make sure scores could be viewed properly from your account.haha got so excited, what made you think that?
Can't believe it is true, I passed! Good luck to everyone!Results show on mybps webpage
it's probably right under my nose, but where are the results posted on mybps? (wouldnt be surprised if there was a glitch on mine... I kept waiting for the email that I was cleared to schedule an exam until I called and found out they had misfiled someone else's postponement to my account...)
The BCPS tests results aren't released yet, apparently it some sort of rolling release the psych one and bcacp got released so far from what i heard
I heard BCPS is getting released tmrw or thrus
I heard BCPS is getting released tmrw or thrus
Congratulations!
Thanks! Btw, I took the BCNSP.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The BCPS tests results aren't released yet, apparently it some sort of rolling release the psych one and bcacp got released so far from what i heard
I heard BCPS is getting released tmrw or thrus
Source? I really hope it's tomorrow. Also, congratulations to everyone who passed!
Last edited:
Source? I really hope it's tomorrow. Also, congratulations to everyone who passed!
Source is a rep on the phone
I just got an email from the BPS that said my BCPS score report was ready! I passed! Good luck to the rest of you as you get your scores!
Passed! thanks everyone that contributes to this thread #power of prayer
If you don't mind sharing, what did y'all score? Did you pass easily or was it close?
I don't derive much meaning from the score since its scaled on some funky scale (200-800). I have no sea what it even means.
I got 585, one of my friends did some math and said maybe if i had missed 20 more I may not have passed
Just a speculation tho 🙂
Just a speculation tho 🙂
Does anyone have 2015 ACCP BCPS material? Need for the exam in the fall. Thanks!
The mock exams are great for regulatory questions
Last edited:
Well, I got refunded my $400 for canceling. Kinda bummed I basically burned $200 but at least they didn't hold it for 6 weeks after the testing period was over as it was stated in their policy.
Hey so how long til we get our certificates? I have a wall that needs decorating in my office.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hopefully soon. Could be up to 90 days. I have a empty spot on the wall as well. 🙂Hey so how long til we get our certificates? I have a wall that needs decorating in my office.
Anybody taking the Critical Care exam this Fall? I am looking for the ACCP Critical Care 2015 material - PDFs and/or audio files. Please PM me...thanks in advance.Is anyone planning on taking the critical care exam? How are you preparing? Are you attending the accp review in April? Please message me.
Last edited:
Hopefully soon. Could be up to 90 days. I have a empty spot on the wall as well. 🙂
Did you get a UPS shipment email today? I got a notification and cannot for the life of me think of anyone who would send a 1oz package via UPS and notify my work inbox.
Can anyone who has taken the BCNSP exam comment on the adequacy of the material from ASPEN to study? I have been studying from the ASPEN "Adult Nutrition Support Core Curriculum Second Edition" to familiarize myself with some aspects of enteral nutrition and home care. I took BCPS a few years ago so I think I can just restudy statistics material from that. Did anyone use any other materials to study and did they help?
Anybody taking the Critical Care exam this Fall? I am looking for the ACCP Critical Care 2015 material - PDFs and/or audio files. Please PM me...thanks in advance.
Last edited:
Anyone have the mock exams with answers/explanations? Interested in any/all help as I'm freaking out as exam date gets closer
Hi
I think the mock exam from ACCP with answers and explanation is an interactive online test, directly purchased and accessed through the ACCP websites; unless anyone has it in other format??
Books are sufficient, but audio is nice to have while driving or don't have time that day to read.Congrats to those that passed. I have a question.
I registered to take the test this Fall. I bought the ACCP books, but did not buy the DVD-ROM. Do you think it's necessary to have the DVD? Can you pass with just studying the books? Thanks.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the BCNSP in Spring and passed. In addition to the Adult Nutrition Support Core Curriculum, I think you should read all those ASPEN guidelines as well. I think the Core Curriculum is not adequate in the home care part. You may look for some manuals for reimbursement of HPN/HEN in the internet.Can anyone who has taken the BCNSP exam comment on the adequacy of the material from ASPEN to study? I have been studying from the ASPEN "Adult Nutrition Support Core Curriculum Second Edition" to familiarize myself with some aspects of enteral nutrition and home care. I took BCPS a few years ago so I think I can just restudy statistics material from that. Did anyone use any other materials to study and did they help?
do you have am care lecturesI have to 2014 and 2015 ACCP BCACP materials. Hit me up if you're interested
Has anyone use/used dredwilliams.net question flash cards to study? i'm trying to test my biostat knowledge ans was wondering if it was any good. thanks in advance for any input.
Tell u the truth dont bombard urself with too much material. The stats pirtion in accp is more than enoughHas anyone use/used dredwilliams.net question flash cards to study? i'm trying to test my biostat knowledge ans was wondering if it was any good. thanks in advance for any input.