Bcps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ngmc11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long did it take you to study for BCPS? How did you approach it? Any advice?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question about BCPS scoring ... I keep seeing people posting their scores saying that they passed with a 122 or whatnot, but the BCPS candidate guide for this year says the scoring is from 200 (which is the minimum score) to 800. Did they change the scale around? I am trying to figure out approximately how many questions I need to get right to pass lol.

I have a question about BCPS scoring ... I keep seeing people posting their scores saying that they passed with a 122 or whatnot, but the BCPS candidate guide for this year says the scoring is from 200 (which is the minimum score) to 800. Did they change the scale around? I am trying to figure out approximately how many questions I need to get right to pass lol.

They changed it in 2013 when I took my BCACP. So, the new scoring system starts at 200 and max is 800. I think passing is 500.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took my BCPS exam last Thurs and I guessed on all the questions on policies and regulations. So, you guys will pass. :D

Don't think about it. We've all tried our best and that's all we can do. Enjoy your weekend! ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Best of luck guys. Don't worry so much. Most people who thought they failed actually ended up passing

It has only been a week and II am going crazy! It is weird to not be studying on my lunch breaks.

Does anyone have the 2015 BCPS prep course that he/she can share? I took mine a couple of weeks ago but my brother is taking his next Spring. Thanks!

This from the BCPS website...

Fall 2015 Exam Scores Available Soon
Scores for the Fall 2015 examination are scheduled to be released approximately 60 days following the close of the test administration window (October 3, 2015). Candidates who sat for the Fall 2015 BPS exams should expect to receive an email no later than the first week of December with instructions for logging into their MyBPS account to view their score reports.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just want our scores. II, for the life of me, do not understand why it takes 60 days.

Ditto. Skimming back a few pages in this thread for the 2014 exam dates and scoring, it looks like the exam dates then were very similar to this year and they got their scores on November 17 2014. So I am hoping we get them early as well, this wait is ridiculous.

Did anyone take the Critical Care exam yet?
For all of you that took the Critical Care Exam, have you received your Scores yet ? and did you guys think it was Hard or Easy ?? How long did you have to study for the exam to feel comfortable with it ??

and i heard always when the exam is given for the first time, it is the Easiest time to pass, so you guys have that Advantage. I only didn't take it because i had Zero time to study for the thing this summer and i didn't want to just take it to see what it looks like....... Anyway, Good luck and let me know what you guys thought.........

This from the BCPS website...

Fall 2015 Exam Scores Available Soon
Scores for the Fall 2015 examination are scheduled to be released approximately 60 days following the close of the test administration window (October 3, 2015). Candidates who sat for the Fall 2015 BPS exams should expect to receive an email no later than the first week of December with instructions for logging into their MyBPS account to view their score reports.
Also if any of you are selling the Critical care exam material, i am looking to buy them to study for next spring. email me

Ditto. Skimming back a few pages in this thread for the 2014 exam dates and scoring, it looks like the exam dates then were very similar to this year and they got their scores on November 17 2014. So I am hoping we get them early as well, this wait is ridiculous.

I noticed the same. A co-worker informed me that they received their test score information on November 17th (of 2014) as well. If so, and that stays consistent, we should find out as early as today. Keeping my fingers crossed...

what about the critical care test results ? would this come out at the same time ??

The scores usually come out at the same time. I remember last year there was also a preliminary post on castle before the scores were realased. Once that post appears, I believe we will be close to the results being released. If they follow the trend from last year.

Last edited:
The scores usually come out at the same time. I remember last year there was also a preliminary post on castle before the scores were realased. Once that post appears, I believe we will be close to the results being released. If the follow the trend from last year.

Do you remember how far in advance Castle had the preliminary post in respect to the scores being released by BPS?

The scores usually come out at the same time. I remember last year there was also a preliminary post on castle before the scores were realased. Once that post appears, I believe we will be close to the results being released. If the follow the trend from last year.

Is this found on the Castle Score Report page?

Yes it is found on the castle score portal. It should list the type of exam, the date and location where you took it

Thanks. This wait is absolutely killing me. I called BPS yesterday and they mentioned they told me they were releasing scores the first week of December. I really hope they are released early again.

Just logged onto my Castle Portal - interestinly they had my test date wrong (2014 instead of 2015). First week of December...okay lol.

Just logged onto my Castle Portal - interestinly they had my test date wrong (2014 instead of 2015). First week of December...okay lol.

Are you sure you text date is wrong? Mine says 2014 as well but that is because I took the BCPS last year. So it says pharmacotherapy but it has the date and location that I took the test in last year.

I don't remember precisely, but I think it was a day or 2

Thanks! I only see this on the Castle site when I log on. Should it list my exam info?

Castle Score Report Portal
Home
Edit profile
Change Password
Sign Out

Thanks! I only see this on the Castle site when I log on. Should it list my exam info?

Home
Edit profile
Change Password
Sign Out

I have the same. This is my first year attempting the exam as well.

Home
Edit profile
Change Password
Sign Out

This is normal. As I said, it doesn't list the exam until they are ready to post the scores. Those of us with info on our portals are from tests we took in the past. I took the BCCCP exam this year and it has not been listed yet on the score portal.

This is normal. As I said, it doesn't list the exam until they are ready to post the scores. Those of us with info on our portals are from tests we took in the past. I took the BCCCP exam this year and it has not been listed yet on the score portal.

OK. I got nervous. I passed BCPS several years ago before the Castle testing started so I'm just not familiar with the new result process.

I too was excited about the 2014 candidates learning of their results on 11/17/2014. I had checked their testing schedule and compared it to this year, and was anxiously awaiting an email on November 16, which would have corresponded to the 2014 candidates day of results. However, BPS had listed on the website that the 2014 candidates would know by 11/19 so they found out 2 days earlier than was posted. With BPS saying that the 2015 candidates will find out the first week of December, I am not sure when our results will be posted. I am soooo on edge already!! I was positive that they would post on November 16th. And the waiting continues......

i passed mine BCPS 2 years ago. do you guys know exactly which PSAP i am supposed to complete to meet the requirments for staying certified. and where do i get the material ? and do i have to pay for them ?

I too was excited about the 2014 candidates learning of their results on 11/17/2014. I had checked their testing schedule and compared it to this year, and was anxiously awaiting an email on November 16, which would have corresponded to the 2014 candidates day of results. However, BPS had listed on the website that the 2014 candidates would know by 11/19 so they found out 2 days earlier than was posted. With BPS saying that the 2015 candidates will find out the first week of December, I am not sure when our results will be posted. I am soooo on edge already!! I was positive that they would post on November 16th. And the waiting continues......

I just called BPS and they said the scoring process is not complete yet. She said the date that they anticipate releasing the scores is 12/3 :(. I was hoping it would be next week at the latest.

I just called BPS and they said the scoring process is not complete yet. She said the date that they anticipate releasing the scores is 12/3 :(. I was hoping it would be next week at the latest.

They must be kidding - scoring process not complete? Must be a gazillion more test takers this year that the computer system got overwhelemd.

That sounds like it is just their prompted response. 60 days from 10/3 is 12/2. So yes, the results will definitely be available by the 3rd.

That sounds like it is just their prompted response. 60 days from 10/3 is 12/2. So yes, the results will definitely be available by the 3rd.

Ugh. Literally every time I check my email and it is in the process of retrieving messages, I get excited only to get disappointed. lol.

I would hope scores would be out by next week sometime. You would think that they would be trying to get the scores out before midyear so people can print out the resumes and posters with the proper credentials-- i've heard through the grapevine that that's why they usually try to get them out early . Thursday is Thanksgiving, and Friday is usually a dead day after that so maybe early next week. But that's probably just my wishful thinking.

Ugh. Literally every time I check my email and it is in the process of retrieving messages, I get excited only to get disappointed. lol.

I would hope scores would be out by next week sometime. You would think that they would be trying to get the scores out before midyear so people can print out the resumes and posters with the proper credentials-- i've heard through the grapevine that that's why they usually try to get them out early . Thursday is Thanksgiving, and Friday is usually a dead day after that so maybe early next week. But that's probably just my wishful thinking.

That would be wonderful!! I do know that I took the BCPS on 10/2/10 and found out the week of Thanksgiving that I passed so hopefully it is the same this time around. And the Midyear rationale seems plausible although it's 12/6-12/10 but that wouldn't be very much time to prepare posters, etc if they wait until the week right before to release results. Maybe there is hope yet ;)

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. Results were released 11/17 last year and 11/22 in 2013. We can hope! This wait is driving me insane. It would definitely make an awesome early Christmas gift (if I pass).

I'll be attending Midyear as a residency preceptor (the last time I went I was a student) so finding out sooner rather than later (business cards, posters, etc.) would be great!

i passed mine BCPS 2 years ago. do you guys know exactly which PSAP i am supposed to complete to meet the requirments for staying certified. and where do i get the material ? and do i have to pay for them ?
PSAP. ACSAP is for BCACP.

PSAP. ACSAP is for BCACP.
Right, i know it is PSAP. but where do i get the material ? and how do i complete it and turn it in or mail it in to somebody to get the credit ? does it cost money ? plus can i just do it online somewhere ?

Right, i know it is PSAP. but where do i get the material ? and how do i complete it and turn it in or mail it in to somebody to get the credit ? does it cost money ? plus can i just do it online somewhere ?
Sorry, I misunderstood your question. HA! Yes, buy it from ACCP and it's cheaper to buy the whole set. Once you submit your answers, they will transfer the hours to BPS. That's what I read. I'm still waiting for them to transfer the CE hours because I just finished 23.5 hours of my BCACP recertification CEs. We'll see if they transfer the hours. I'll let you know. :)

So i have to buy these. and take the test and answer them. and Do i turn in the answers to BCPS ?? and what if i don't pass the test at the end ? Can i just take them again ? and re-send in the answers ?
I think it's a one time deal. I don't think you can retake them. You log on to ACCP to answer the questions and they will grade the CEs on the day the they expire.

I think it's a one time deal. I don't think you can retake them. You log on to ACCP to answer the questions and they will grade the CEs on the day the they expire.
What if you don't pass the PSAP ? what happens then ?

What if you don't pass the PSAP ? what happens then ?

It's a dual threshold test. If you fail the BCPS cut-off but obtain > 50%, you'll be awarded standard CE credit you can use for state license renewal. If you score < 50%, you get nothing.