-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Bcps
Started by ngmc11
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
my castle account says "Score Report Not Avaliable"
did any one see results ??
@moolman
did any one see results ??
@moolman
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how do you know they will release it by Monday ? and are they going to just email it to us or do we still have to create a account ?Nothing lost, they were suppose to release them by December, so they are early by releasing them on Monday. Gotta be greatful that some of us got the good news early or maybe some of us just got some crappy news...haha...
Yes, I saw it, I passed. That is until I check monday and it was a mistake... maybe I will be joining in on the lawsuits...lol....😀
So, for those of us who were quick enough to have caught a sneak peek, do you think we can believe the results?
Yes, most likely they are just working on few details. Did they say what months they are going to offer the exams starting next year ? I know they said they are going to offer it 2 times a year now. I don't know the scores yet but after I pass this one, I am planning on taking another speciality exam right away.So, for those of us who were quick enough to have caught a sneak peek, do you think we can believe the results?
Do you think passing score of 500 is easier than previous years ? in previous years, it was like 110-140 and so on. 500 seem to be right in the middle so on the surface anyway, it seems like easier score to pass. what do you think ?I think it's highly unlikely that anything will change. Your score it what it is. But, I'll check mine again too. Always the pessimist.
I am going to throw a party next week and I will invite you if you answer.
Last edited:
Which test did you take ? BCPS or BCOP ? You said you guessed on 60-70 % of the test. were you surprised that you passed ?Thanks for letting everyone know!
This has been confirmed.
Castle Worldwide instructions for accessing the online score portal: https://castleworldwide.com/cww/ima...e_Castle_Score_Report_Portal_November2013.pdf
Here's the breakdown for BCOP:
Score range: 200-800
Passing score: 500
Your total score is a scaled score that is based on the questions you answered correctly.
No averages or other stats or domain-based score breakdown was reported this year (unlike in previous years).
And the good news is I passed. Time to enjoy Thanksgiving whew. Good luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So did you log in on time to see if you passed????Lol what a mess...
I guess they have to put together the mean, median, mode, and all that with the letter.
I passed. I actually felt good about the exam. There were probably 20 to 30 questions I had to make an educated guess on. My score was on the low end...upper 500s. I had honestly felt better about the test, but all that matters is that you pass. Guess you never know.Which test did you take ? BCPS or BCOP ? You said you guessed on 60-70 % of the test. were you surprised that you passed ?
Long time lurker, first time poster (had to create a new login for anonymity).
To those of you who were able to see your score, does your name appear on the BPS "Find a Board Certified Pharmacist" yet?
http://www.bpsweb.org/resources/find_bcp.cfm
To those of you who were able to see your score, does your name appear on the BPS "Find a Board Certified Pharmacist" yet?
http://www.bpsweb.org/resources/find_bcp.cfm
Not yetLong time lurker, first time poster (had to create a new login for anonymity).
To those of you who were able to see your score, does your name appear on the BPS "Find a Board Certified Pharmacist" yet?
http://www.bpsweb.org/resources/find_bcp.cfm
I heard/read somewhere that you can't "claim" the title until the end of the year....and that they don't post it unitl January. I have no ideal if that is true or not however.Long time lurker, first time poster (had to create a new login for anonymity).
To those of you who were able to see your score, does your name appear on the BPS "Find a Board Certified Pharmacist" yet?
http://www.bpsweb.org/resources/find_bcp.cfm
I heard/read somewhere that you can't "claim" the title until the end of the year....and that they don't post it unitl January. I have no ideal if that is true or not however.
Yes, your certification officially starts on dec 31st. You will not be online for a couple of months. You get your paper certificate in the mail in March or so, along with a bps lapel pin. Your first of many $100 annual dues are due in May.
This is ridiculous!!!!
The price I paid to go on vacation, didn't check my score on time and its gone now ..... Boooom
I can't even go to sleep until Monday now, I should have extended my vacation till Monday ................ horrible horrible
Moolman consider me in for your BCPS CE group .....................but hold on I don't know yet if I passed .......never mind
Hats off to those innovative people who found out about the results before castle send the email to everyone
And yea the people who saw their results and passed enjoy the weekend ............. invite me to your party if you throwing this weekend so that I can have a better way to pass my weekend 🙁
The price I paid to go on vacation, didn't check my score on time and its gone now ..... Boooom
I can't even go to sleep until Monday now, I should have extended my vacation till Monday ................ horrible horrible
Moolman consider me in for your BCPS CE group .....................but hold on I don't know yet if I passed .......never mind
Hats off to those innovative people who found out about the results before castle send the email to everyone
And yea the people who saw their results and passed enjoy the weekend ............. invite me to your party if you throwing this weekend so that I can have a better way to pass my weekend 🙁
Last edited:
well said.....wait for my post 12:01 am on 25th NovCredit goes to VCU07 for posting, after I saw the post I went and checked. Don't sweat it too much realistically most people pass. The folks who check and come on SDN are a neurotic bunch that do well on tests...😛
well said.....wait for my post 12:01 am on 25th Nov
I'm waiting for them to mess up and not post the results by the 26th so I can see the screams of anguish and calls for a class action law suit...😛
Its weird, I logged into the site w/ my test PIN last night and it said the scores were not available. 5 hours later I was getting errors and incorrect password stuff for the account, tried again this morning with the same result. Just tried to log in again and it worked but still says my results are pending. Huh... (I took the BCPS)
Created a Castle account. Confirmed that score is currently locked. Damn the fact that I was drinking last night and not checking this forum.
I created the account last night after I saw what was going on in this forum. but the score was not viewable. It just said it will be available 25th or 26th. how did you see the score last night ?Saw my score last night. Passed with a 648. Not too bad for a lowly staffer 🙂.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think passing score of 500 is easier than previous years ? in previous years, it was like 110-140 and so on. 500 seem to be right in the middle so on the surface anyway, it seems like easier score to pass. what do you think ?
I am going to throw a party next week and I will invite you if you answer.
It's probably about the same but I still think they curve the individual scores to control the passing rates. It'll be easier to interpret if they tell us the mean, median, mode, and the how many passed.
The idea behind the tests is to accurately measure a whether a pharmacist meets the minimum standard set by the board. In theory, it's never easier or harder. If everyone meets the standard, everyone could pass. But, no test is perfect. Now that it's computerized and biannual they've opened up a lot options like question banks, weighting by difficulty or adaptive tests. And, there are always bad questions. I know for sure there was a mistake on the BCOP exam.
You will be fine. No worries. If I can pass so can you!I can taste 501 right now!!
Have not seen my results yet hoping for the best
Fall 2013 Score Reports to be Released on October 25 and 26
Score reports from the 2013 BPS examinations will be distributed electronically beginning Monday, November 25 concluding at 5 pm on Tuesday, November 26, 2013. Candidates will receive an email from Castle Worldwide with instructions to create a secure online account to view their score report. Please note that scores are not reported via phone.
---------------
Obviously a typo in the bold from BPS but I still don't understand why it's over two days. You would think they are going to release all the scores at once yes? It's obvious that the results are there, they are just being held.
Score reports from the 2013 BPS examinations will be distributed electronically beginning Monday, November 25 concluding at 5 pm on Tuesday, November 26, 2013. Candidates will receive an email from Castle Worldwide with instructions to create a secure online account to view their score report. Please note that scores are not reported via phone.
---------------
Obviously a typo in the bold from BPS but I still don't understand why it's over two days. You would think they are going to release all the scores at once yes? It's obvious that the results are there, they are just being held.
Its 25th of Nov in the far east ;-) no results out ;-) is it a BPS specific timing or not hahahaha
And now Caslte put this specifically on their website:
BPS scores will be released November 25 and 26, 2013. You will be able to activate your account and view your scores at that time.
I was able to log in before, but now I can't even get into my account.
BPS scores will be released November 25 and 26, 2013. You will be able to activate your account and view your scores at that time.
I was able to log in before, but now I can't even get into my account.
And now Caslte put this specifically on their website:
BPS scores will be released November 25 and 26, 2013. You will be able to activate your account and view your scores at that time.
I was able to log in before, but now I can't even get into my account.
Really? I can still log in (not that there's much to see... "Score report not available")
So.....since I'm a "glass-half-empty" kinda person and will probably get my result of 499 tomorrow, do you think you have to take the test right away in the spring to get it for the $300? Or will that hold if you want to take it in the fall?
do we have to wait til they send us the email saying that we can check ? or can we just log in anytime Monday and see the score ?Really? I can still log in (not that there's much to see... "Score report not available")
do we have to wait til they send us the email saying that we can check ? or can we just log in anytime Monday and see the score ?
The whole thing seems screwy. You would think Castle would just post them all at once. That's why I wanted to get my log in working. I will check it every 10 mintues starting at 0001 monday, haha!. I doubt BPS will tell them who they are emailing on monday and who they are emailing on Tuesday and have them wait to post it. And why wouldn't they email all at once? That seems screwy too. Unless they will wait until like 12:01 AM of tuesday, which is still Monday in some time zones. I need to just quit thinking about it. Seriously, why can't I just wait two days?!?!?!?! This is worse than waiting to give birth.
So.....since I'm a "glass-half-empty" kinda person and will probably get my result of 499 tomorrow, do you think you have to take the test right away in the spring to get it for the $300? Or will that hold if you want to take it in the fall?
It'll be this spring, they want your money ASAP.😉
Like the other person mentioned, it says 26th because the test is a worldwide test given in many counties, for them it will be the 26th.
Or here's a theory for all you conspiracy theorist besides who shot JFK 50 years ago. Tomorrow they will release scores for people who passed. Tuesday will be the release for people who did not. Did you not notice that all the people who checked early passed because the scores were already ready and processed. They were still compiling the letter that says, sorry you failed, please send us another $300 to retake. So see some of you Tuesday. .....😎
Or here's a theory for all you conspiracy theorist besides who shot JFK 50 years ago. Tomorrow they will release scores for people who passed. Tuesday will be the release for people who did not. Did you not notice that all the people who checked early passed because the scores were already ready and processed. They were still compiling the letter that says, sorry you failed, please send us another $300 to retake. So see some of you Tuesday. .....😎
Like the other person mentioned, it says 26th because the test is a worldwide test given in many counties, for them it will be the 26th.
Or here's a theory for all you conspiracy theorist besides who shot JFK 50 years ago. Tomorrow they will release scores for people who passed. Tuesday will be the release for people who did not. Did you not notice that all the people who checked early passed because the scores were already ready and processed. They were still compiling the letter that says, sorry you failed, please send us another $300 to retake. So see some of you Tuesday. .....😎
HA! I like your theory. Hopefully everyone will be happy tomorrow. 😉
If you passed BCACP this year, PM me if you're interested in starting a CE group, so that we can do CEs together for the 7 year renewal cycle, I have a group for BCPS already and It'll be the same thing.
I hope this message is for me. Yeah, I'll email you IF I pass. 🤔
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here. Good luck to all, congrats to those that already passed and anyone that is able to retrieve your results --- let us all know ASAP so we can check. Whatever time it is lol. I'll be checking at 0001 too.I hope this message is for me. Yeah, I'll email you IF I pass. 🤔
I hope this message is for me. Yeah, I'll email you IF I pass. 🤔
The message is for anybody who passed, there's not much in the first 2-3 years but around year 4 we would work on the CEs together.
Did you guys that passed the exam, feel good about the test when you came out of the testing center ? I felt pretty good about the test when I came out of the testing center. but then I am not sure if that really means anything.
When I took the test last year and this year, both times I felt I bombed it, so many random questions that I had no clue on. When I talk about this with friends that also took the test, they said it was a good sign, you studied enough to realize you were answering questions wrong. I passed both.
So what does that mean if you felt you did well, you didn't know enough to realize you were answering wrong. ...haha... kidding. ... Most people pass. .. That is unless you get your results released on Tuesday. ..uh oh....😳