-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Bcps
Started by ngmc11
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just bought the CGP material, it's pure crap. First off, they give you the lecture slides only but for some of them, they give it to you in PowerPoint note format, you know the one with the 3 slides on the left and the lines on the right. The lecture has 300 slides, I don't want to print that crappy format out. I rather have the slides alone. Also, the video is just a video of them flipping through the slide, NO AUDIO, I asked, it says it in the page, i thought my speakers werw busted until it dawned on me. WtH, so all they give you is slides and they don't give you a study book and not even a lecture, they can just read the slides to me but no, it's just a video of slides. Pure wastw of money. Just pissdd away almost 400 for the ASCP membership and test material.
Well, then I don't know what to do. I asked my prof who taught us geriatric 14 years ago, and he told me that it's an easier exam compared to BCPS/BCACP. That's what he heard. Now I don't know what to do. I don't want to spend that much money and not get at least some decent notes to study for the exam. I can't handle lame notes.

This may be a stupid question.....but will we ever be able to find out how we did in each domain of the test? I'm thinking not......
It's not a stupid question. I want to know, too. I took the BCACP and I want to know how badly I did on public health and policies and procedures since I didn't study for it. I skipped the last 2 chapters.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my CGP when I was doing nursing home consulting in between hospital jobs. It was valued there, but I've never worked a hospital that thought it was worth much. However, like yours, my hospital will pay for the exam if I pass. So it seems kind of silly to let it go, if I can be somewhat sure I'll pass. I'll be looking forward to your report after your exam.I'll report back after I take the test and let you know how it compares to the bcps, my fear is that they made it harder, the only reason I take the tests is because my work pays for it, 600 per test and then more for the study material is rediculous.
Don't you feel that the cgp is not a worthwhile test, I'm taking it because of work reasons but bcps is way more prestigious too.
I just bought the CGP material, it's pure crap. First off, they give you the lecture slides only but for some of them, they give it to you in PowerPoint note format, you know the one with the 3 slides on the left and the lines on the right. The lecture has 300 slides, I don't want to print that crappy format out. I rather have the slides alone. Also, the video is just a video of them flipping through the slide, NO AUDIO, I asked, it says it in the page, i thought my speakers werw busted until it dawned on me. WtH, so all they give you is slides and they don't give you a study book and not even a lecture, they can just read the slides to me but no, it's just a video of slides. Pure wastw of money. Just pissdd away almost 400 for the ASCP membership and test material.
Hey moolman! How about this book?
Essentials of Clinical Geriatrics 7/E (LANGE Essentials) [Paperback]
Hey moolman! How about this book?
Essentials of Clinical Geriatrics 7/E (LANGE Essentials) [Paperback]
A bit overboard, I don't think we need to know that much.
I'm just going to review their crappy notes and just hope for the best.
I got the email to schedule the date.
Last edited:
A bit overboard, I don't think we need to know that much.
I'm just going to review their crappy notes and just hope for the best.
I got the email to schedule the date.
Are the notes good? I don't really want to spend that much money for some crappy notes.
I would rather read a book. Let me know. Thanks!Are the notes good? I don't really want to spend that much money for some crappy notes.I would rather read a book. Let me know. Thanks!
The notes suck but what can you do.
Did you pick up that book? If so, how is it? I considered it, then went with "Fundamentals of Geriatric Pharmacotherapy" from ASHP. http://store.ashp.org/Default.aspx?TabId=216&ProductId=7280&gclid=CMatm9v6qLsCFcxAMgodm3wAUwHey moolman! How about this book?
Essentials of Clinical Geriatrics 7/E (LANGE Essentials) [Paperback]
Did you pick up that book? If so, how is it? I considered it, then went with "Fundamentals of Geriatric Pharmacotherapy" from ASHP. http://store.ashp.org/Default.aspx?TabId=216&ProductId=7280&gclid=CMatm9v6qLsCFcxAMgodm3wAUw
I haven't bought it yet. I'm still trying to figure out which book to buy. There are way too many out there!
Did you like the one that you bought?It hasn't arrived yet. Can your librarian order a couple for you, so you can see which one you like, maybe?I haven't bought it yet. I'm still trying to figure out which book to buy. There are way too many out there!Did you like the one that you bought?
Can't wait for it !Sorry for the delay, there's no rush but I've been busy, i got everyone's PM and will go through and invite everyone. The first CE will be the Critical and Urgent Care PSAP to be released by ACCP on Jan 15th.
It hasn't arrived yet. Can your librarian order a couple for you, so you can see which one you like, maybe?
No, I have to buy it myself. 🙂 I also found this a couple of days ago. Case-based Geriatrics: A Global Approach.
Maybe I'll get that and see if it's any good.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there,It's not a stupid question. I want to know, too. I took the BCACP and I want to know how badly I did on public health and policies and procedures since I didn't study for it. I skipped the last 2 chapters.I hope they'll let us know eventually.
I'm thinking about taking BCACP this coming April. I was wondering what materials you used to study? Please let me know. Thank you SO much!
Can't wait for it !
Sorry I don't know how to PM you. Would like to join the CE group!
Hi there,
I'm thinking about taking BCACP this coming April. I was wondering what materials you used to study? Please let me know. Thank you SO much!
I bought the books and CD from ACCP. I listened to the lectures twice and read the 2-volume prep course twice. Please don't skip the 2 chapters on policies & procedures and humanistic outcomes. Know the tx guidelines and you'll pass the BCACP with flying colors! 😉
Hi there,
I'm thinking about taking BCACP this coming April. I was wondering what materials you used to study? Please let me know. Thank you SO much!
I have both the ACCP and ashp, I thought ashp was more relavent.
Hi,I have both the ACCP and ashp, I thought ashp was more relavent.
Did you study both Accp and ashp books? How is it compared to pharmacotherapy?
Thanks so much for replying!
I have both the ACCP and ashp, I thought ashp was more relavent.
Do you mean ashp is a better materials to prep for the exam? Are there lots of stats?
ThAnks!
Thank you!
I most likely don't have enough time to study both. If you can only pick one of them, what would you choose since you already took the exam. Appreciate!!!!Just different material, yes, I studied both.
It hasn't arrived yet. Can your librarian order a couple for you, so you can see which one you like, maybe?
Did you finally get your book? How do you like it?
Would you like to sale your materials?Know your biostatistics/study designs. It's 15% of the exam, I think. Good luck! 👍
It finally arrived just a day or so ago! Maybe the ASHP people were all busy at Mid-Year.Did you finally get your book? How do you like it?
I haven't gotten to read anything beyond the list of authors yet. I did take it to work with me tonight, though, which was silly. Of course I never got enough time to open it. I'm hoping to get into it this weekend. (Actually, what I'm hoping for is that moolman posts an announcement telling me that the test is still crazy easy, and I don't have to study after all. LOL)
I'll let you know on Monday what I think of it.
It finally arrived just a day or so ago! Maybe the ASHP people were all busy at Mid-Year.
I haven't gotten to read anything beyond the list of authors yet. I did take it to work with me tonight, though, which was silly. Of course I never got enough time to open it. I'm hoping to get into it this weekend. (Actually, what I'm hoping for is that moolman posts an announcement telling me that the test is still crazy easy, and I don't have to study after all. LOL)
I'll let you know on Monday what I think of it.
Thanks a bunch! 😉 I'm also waiting for moolman to take his exam first. 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks a bunch! 😉 I'm also waiting for moolman to take his exam first. 😀
I scheduled my test for end of February but I may change it to early January.
Last edited:
I scheduled my test for end of February but I may change it to early January.
Let me know how it goes coz I need to know which book to get. Thanks a bunch! GOOD LUCK! 😉
Well, I'm only using the ascp study material, PM me and we can discuss it, if anybody else is interested in the CGP material, we can split it, I'm not down with the multiple sharing selling crap.
Just the review package (CEs) from ascp then? Please let me know if it helps after your exam. GOOD LUCK! 🙂
I thought the ACCP was too much material and the ashp was more to the point. PM me, we can discuss further
I thought the ACCP was too much material and the ashp was more to the point. PM me, we can discuss further
Dear Moolman, could you pls PM me so I know how to reply you by PM. Still trying to learn system but could not figure out how to PM. Is there any limitation by using iPhone for this?
Thanks!
What did those that passed use to study? There's so much to use. I was thinking about using the High Yield Med Review. Was thinking about attending ASHP summer meeting for a course but that's kind of expensive. I want to start studying soon.
I studied the ACCP 2013 Updates in Therapeutics books and mp3s, as well as the Clinical Pharmacist's Guide to Biostatistics and Literature Evaluation. I feel like the stats book and lecture helped me the most. I began studying when I received my materials at the end of June, which was 12 weeks prior to my exam date. I passed with a comfortable buffer.
I studied the ACCP 2013 Updates in Therapeutics books and mp3s, as well as the Clinical Pharmacist's Guide to Biostatistics and Literature Evaluation. I feel like the stats book and lecture helped me the most. I began studying when I received my materials at the end of June, which was 12 weeks prior to my exam date. I passed with a comfortable buffer.
Thanks! Do you know anyone took BCPP last year? Thanks!MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!![]()
I'm sorry, I don't know who took BCPP. 🙁Thanks! Do you know anyone took BCPP last year? Thanks!
Do you still have the study books?selling BCPS study books Vol 1 $ 2; PM me if interested. Thanks
Anyone wants to sell Ambulatory care materials? Pls let me know. Thanks!
I can sell you the CD ROM but not the books coz I wrote all over the books (sorry!).
So, how was the CGP exam?Well, I'm only using the ascp study material, PM me and we can discuss it, if anybody else is interested in the CGP material, we can split it, I'm not down with the multiple sharing selling crap.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I'm only using the ascp study material, PM me and we can discuss it, if anybody else is interested in the CGP material, we can split it, I'm not down with the multiple sharing selling crap.
How was the exam? Was it tough?
How did it go?I haven't taken it yet, end of feb.
