-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Bcps
Started by ngmc11
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I graduated in May 2012 and I started working in retail, did it for about seven months then got hired by a hospital. I've been a hospital pharmacist for a year but I've only been a practicing pharmacist for a little less than two years. I will be eligible to take BCPS after I finish three years so I still have a while left but I've been browsing various forums for advice/materials. Do you guys think it's appropriate for me to start studying/looking over materials now or wait til I get close to being eligible to take the exam? Also, anyone have any good advice/materials to share?
I have also been looking into MBA/MHA programs...I think I am being a little too ambitious here..lol. Just not sure which route I want to take...or maybe I can do both.
Hello
Hello Kuvan, do you mind sending me the information for Dr. DeYoung lecture? I will gladly appreciate it.
Check your inbox. 🙂
Hello Kuvan, do you mind sending me the information for Dr. DeYoung lecture? I will gladly appreciate it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have the 2014 ACCP material?
I took BCACP last year. I've never taken biostatistics before, so it was hard for me to understand the lecture. The lecture that saved me was the one from BCPS 2010 by G. Robert DeYoung. He explained things really well. 🙂
Was that the ACCP lecture? I bought Clinical Pharmacists Guide to biostats and literature evaluation by robert ed dicenzo, and it seems to be a pretty good reference. Anybody else use it?
Also, now with summer and work piling up, havent been able to study as much, so nervous, application has been approved for the fall test already.
Was that the ACCP lecture? I bought Clinical Pharmacists Guide to biostats and literature evaluation by robert ed dicenzo, and it seems to be a pretty good reference. Anybody else use it?
Also, now with summer and work piling up, havent been able to study as much, so nervous, application has been approved for the fall test already.
Yeah, it's from the ACCP prep course.
Hello,
I'm currently selling both ACCP workbooks from 2013 for $30.00 plus shipping. If at all interested, please let me know.
Thanks!
I'm currently selling both ACCP workbooks from 2013 for $30.00 plus shipping. If at all interested, please let me know.
Thanks!
Why? I'm pretty sure they said 60 days after testing window closed (which was on May 10th).BCPS scores should be available today.
Well, I was wrong. Scores are available.Why? I'm pretty sure they said 60 days after testing window closed (which was on May 10th).
-- zelman, MS, PharmD, BCPS
Well, I was wrong. Scores are available.
-- zelman, MS, PharmD, BCPS
Congrats! Gearing up to take this test next year…
Hello,
I'm currently selling both ACCP workbooks from 2013 for $30.00 plus shipping. If at all interested, please let me know.
Thanks!
I'm interested
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it possible that I can purchase the G. Robert DeYoung lecture from you?I took BCACP last year. I've never taken biostatistics before, so it was hard for me to understand the lecture. The lecture that saved me was the one from BCPS 2010 by G. Robert DeYoung. He explained things really well. 🙂
Anybody who used the 2013 ACCP study guide, does anybody know where (if anywhere) the answers to the Post-Test documents are for each section? (Not the questions at the end of each chapter, the ones for each section) or if anybody has them, could they send them?
Thanks
Thanks
Castle worldwide contacts you in August, nobody can schedule an exam yet. There is a list of sites on the castle website that is provided in the candidate guideHave a couple of questions about signing up for the exam…. when you sign up and pay for the test, do you get several options for days to take the test? Are they starting to fill up quickly already? How many test locations are there?
Goldfish, are you studying hard ? you seem to be worried about this exam.You only studied for 3 weeks?! Wow! Goodluck! 🙂
There was 1 question about HIV when I took the exam and it was related to opportunistic infection treatment.What's important to know for HIV?? There is so much information!
I felt the same way about the HIV chapter. You're going to be just fine.
Stats is your friend. They didn't try to make it tricky.Is there anything I should focus on as a major topic for the exam besides stats?
I felt like I had a lot of HTN questions. I recognized one question directly off the BPS website sample questions. But mostly it felt really random.
The regulatory questions were the worst for me. I studied the ACCP Updates in Therapeutics material and it was weak in this regard.
Not really. I studied what I had and it was enough. But I would have preferred not guessing my a$$ off! Reading the questions I would consider what we do at the hospital and then decide if 1) that is a potential answer and 2) is it the best sounding answer?
My two cents on people taking BCPS test: First, if you are worried about STATS, definitly purchase the High Yeild Med Review Stats. It was by far the best product I used that explained STATS. Also, for Regulatarory-just go over basically everything on the FDA website. I clicked through tons of stuff on there and just kept reading and it really helped me.
Congrats to all those who passed. I have a couple of questions... I have the 2013 ACCP review material and was wondering how I could access the answers, or of anybody have them?
Also does anyone have the Updates in Therapeutics 2014 version? 🙂
Thanks!
Also does anyone have the Updates in Therapeutics 2014 version? 🙂
Thanks!
Well, you have to know all the drug interactions and 1st and 2ndary preventions. depends on which version of the test you get, you could have 10 questions or 1 question. and also you have to know the treatment guidelines for HIV as well.What's important to know for HIV?? There is so much information!
So for bcps regulatory questions - what exactly are they asking? I know we can't say exact questions, but I want to know the gist of it. i.e. Joint commission standards? National Patient Safety Goals?
Hi all! If anyone is looking to sell their 2013 BCPS review materials, please send me a PM. Or, if for some reason you want to sell your 2014 edition, I'd also be interested. Thanks! Good luck to everyone studying and congrats to those who passed!
Hi all! If anyone is looking to sell their 2013 BCPS review materials, please send me a PM. Or, if for some reason you want to sell your 2014 edition, I'd also be interested. Thanks! Good luck to everyone studying and congrats to those who passed!
Selling my 2014 ACCP BCPS Pharmacotherapy PDFs. PM if you're interested!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here....please,I would really appreciate it if someone couldsend me the 2014 ACCP mock exam (with answers). Please send me a private message if you can help me out!
I have a clinical pharmacists guide to biostats which is very helpful.
Also, as far as htn guidelines, goals and therapy recc, are we to use the new jnc 8 or aha or what , too many
Selling my 2014 ACCP BCPS Pharmacotherapy PDFs. PM if you're interested!
Sure, let me know. Thanks
So, I don't really keep myself updated on therapeutics (I suck) and I was thinking of taking the Fall 2014 exam coming up. Few questions if you can help out:
1. Deadline to sign up is tomorrow, August 1st. If I sign up tomorrow morning, does that mean I get approved that day or do I have to wait a few days?
2. If I wait til Spring 2015 to take the exam, do I have to purchase the new materials? I was planning on just studying the 2013 ACCP books I have.
Thanks!
1. Deadline to sign up is tomorrow, August 1st. If I sign up tomorrow morning, does that mean I get approved that day or do I have to wait a few days?
2. If I wait til Spring 2015 to take the exam, do I have to purchase the new materials? I was planning on just studying the 2013 ACCP books I have.
Thanks!
I took BCACP last year. I've never taken biostatistics before, so it was hard for me to understand the lecture. The lecture that saved me was the one from BCPS 2010 by G. Robert DeYoung. He explained things really well. 🙂
Hey I'm thinking of taking BCPS when I become eligible next year...I already know that I am going to have a very difficult time with biostats so I was wondering if I could purchase this from you as well? I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance! 🙂
i would like to to know that tooWorking on the 2013 mock exam- about 25% of the way thru and getting about 70% correct. Is this good enough to pass? I kno I need to brush up more on stats and clinical trials- I've missed a couple of those those that I hope to get right after reviewing those topics again.
hiiiii everyone i'm really glad to find this forum. I'm wondering if anyone can help me, I'm 3 years graduated and already working in hospital pharmacy (no residency) oncology department for 2 years now. I wanted to take BCOP to enhance my knowledge & improve my practice. I'm aiming to apply to exam 10/2015. I have already accp materials. If anyone have any advice or tips regarding the exam & how to be prepared PLZ share with me.
Last edited:
If anyone is sharing the Deyoung lecture, I'd love to get my hands on it! I had a hard time with the current lectures. :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody have the answers to thequestions that are at end of the sections? Not the individual chapters, the "updates in therapeutics" questions for the blocks....if u have the real accp review or went live, u know what i am referring to, thanks
Well I signed up for the Fall exam, but just haven't had time to study. Does ACCP let us postpone the test to Spring?