SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

BDS from the UK?

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by arye, May 25, 2008.

  1. arye

    arye New Member 2+ Year Member

    May 26, 2006
    i would like to know where u can work or do a residency with a bds from the UK without going back to dental school?
    i know that u can def. work in australia but what about canada or the US ?
    any restrictions ? i think the UK provides excellent education in dentistry.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Dr.Millisevert

    Dr.Millisevert Senior Member 7+ Year Member

    Aug 4, 2004
    1. Anywhere in the EU
    2. Most commonwealth countries.. that being said, after the UK joined the EU in 2001 they stopped allowing dental graduates from commonwealth countries from being allowed to work in the UK, and instead started to accept graduates from eastern europe (as per the EU agreement). Most commonwealth countries still do allow UK dental graduates to be able to apply for licensure without much difficulty, however I forsee this will change in the near future.

    You can do residency wherever you like for the most part. US, Can, Aus, NZ, EU, etc.

    Hope this helps.

Share This Page