Be ahead of the curve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Everything does look bigger and better at Costco

Their 2 liter sangria is the bomb. Their pizza is aite too

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Honestly, the pizza is the best pizza for 3 reasons. #1 availability, at this point you can get costco pizza almost anywhere. #2 cost, for an 18 inch pizza (which is basically an XL anywhere else) you pay 10 bucks. #3 predictability, the pizza is delicious anywhere you go and it's always delicious (like I've never had a bad slice)

Now I will admit that it isn't the best pizza I've ever had. That was Richie B's in Dothan AL of all places, but costco beats it still for the three reasons listed above.
Their 2 liter sangria is the bomb. Their pizza is aite too

Honestly, the pizza is the best pizza for 3 reasons. #1 availability, at this point you can get costco pizza almost anywhere. #2 cost, for an 18 inch pizza (which is basically an XL anywhere else) you pay 10 bucks. #3 predictability, the pizza is delicious anywhere you go and it's always delicious (like I've never had a bad slice)

Now I will admit that it isn't the best pizza I've ever had. That was Richie B's in Dothan AL of all places, but costco beats it still for the three reasons listed above.

costco cafeteria food is a gut-buster though. ridiculous calories and saturated fats.

Members don't see this ad :)
Funny how Costco stock plumetted as soon as it was mentioned on this thread, just like the rest of the coins mentioned here.

Reactions: 1 user
You can literally say that about anything these days.

Last edited:
Evergrow Crator being released likely next week. Evergrow continues to pump hard. Expect 2022 for it to be billions in marketcap. Currently valued 600 million

Is it worth billions yet?

Yea where is the evergrow guy? Didn't he put his entire 401k in to it? Did it keep growing as advertised?

Is it worth billions yet?

Current price is about $0.0000002983. If you would have dumped $50,000 into Evergrow on Jan 4, 2022 (the date of his post), you would have about $9000 right now (-82%).

Don’t worry though. We still have half a year to go. Never say never(grow).

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Current price is about $0.0000002983. If you would have dumped $50,000 into Evergrow on Jan 4, 2022 (the date of his post), you would have about $9000 right now (-82%).

Don’t worry though. We still have half a year to go. Never say never(grow).

He said he put in 130k. Hope he sold some. Otherwise his investment is now 23k.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Gonna add this to my list of road trip destinations

Hey, it's somewhat close to Ronald McWeevil. Nice!

• Haha
Anyone backing up the truck yet? ETH just fell off a cliff.

Members don't see this ad :)

DCA and chill until retirement.

STILL EARLY.

Nation state fomo is around the corner then you'll be sad you don't get 13 lambos because you didn't hodl

I think there’s a fair amount of information asymmetry when it comes to crypto. There’s also a fair amount of gambling as well. The truth is somewhere in between. I think Bitcoin has died >450 times since its inception a decade ago, but to be fair, I think it will die eventually (source: my thots n prayers).

That being said, I can’t wait to retire with my $400 investment.

Crypto is a speculative asset. As such, as the market continues to decline so will crypto. If you are thinking the overall market has reach a nadir then buy your crypto. But, if you think we have another 10-15% down from here as I do, then wait to buy any additional crypto.

The long defined support of Bitcoin around 29/30 thousand has given way hard. Definitely not a back the truck up buy signal by any means.

If bitcoin drops below 21K, Microstrategy will face a margin call.

• Wow
Not “backing up the truck” but I bought some more BTC and ETH.

I now own (8) ETH and *almost* (2) BTC.

As of this AM, I’m down about $25k

Nice portfolio you have. Wish I stuck with those two instead of the crappy alts I got.

Nice portfolio you have. Wish I stuck with those two instead of the crappy alts I got.
Thanks… yeah I learned my lesson with ****coins… luckily I only lost time, no actually money with those.

Haven’t been here in awhile. All badness in the markets Store of value talk is dead (until we decouple), but my long term thesis hasn’t changed. A washout of dead projects, scams, and over leverage is absolutely needed and happens every cycle.

I’m a buyer here and if we dip lower (possible with the overall global economy) I’ll be buying. My perspective might be different from most here since I’ve been in the space for some time, but the Bitcoin is dead or going to 0 is quite hilarious.

Haven’t been here in awhile. All badness in the markets Store of value talk is dead (until we decouple), but my long term thesis hasn’t changed. A washout of dead projects, scams, and over leverage is absolutely needed and happens every cycle.

I’m a buyer here and if we dip lower (possible with the overall global economy) I’ll be buying. My perspective might be different from most here since I’ve been in the space for some time, but the Bitcoin is dead or going to 0 is quite hilarious.

I am loving the shakeout. I’m comfortably invested, but this dip is an amazing opportunity for those who can afford the risk. Even a 5% allocation to either BTC/ETH will make a big difference in a decade, IMO, but it’s still all speculation at this point. That being said, I still think there is an edge here, as the major narrative is and has been that crypto is 100% useless (as opposed to 99%). Time will tell.

I am loving the shakeout. I’m comfortably invested, but this dip is an amazing opportunity for those who can afford the risk. Even a 5% allocation to either BTC/ETH will make a big difference in a decade, IMO, but it’s still all speculation at this point. That being said, I still think there is an edge here, as the major narrative is and has been that crypto is 100% useless (as opposed to 99%). Time will tell.

Well the fact that no one uses it as currency is probably an indication

So you arent invested in Bitcoin then?

I have an insignificant amount from years ago. I don’t plan on doing anything with it ever. I actually haven’t bought any big amounts of any crypto for over a year now, but that doesn’t change my opinion that it could be useful technology. I readily admit it’s purely speculative at this point, but I don’t think it’s completely useless. I also think the “energy consumption” angle focuses almost solely on Bitcoin/proof-of-work and not other ones that utilize way less energy (eg., proof-of-stake) and can have utility beyond a “store of value.”

There’s a lot of noise in crypto, maybe now more than ever given the well-deserved collapse of known scams. Terra/LUNA had been pegged as a ponzi scheme for several years prior to its collapse this year, and over-leveraged funds and exchanges are now going under in the backdrop of a possible recession which will likely drive prices even further down, but the underlying technology and potential remains unchanged, IMO.

I’m in no way a crypto expert, but I try to stay plugged in. Once you take away the noise (ape NFTs, the Metaverse, Terra/LUNA, obnoxious Bitcoin maximalists, Solana, etc.), it’s actually pretty cool to see what they are trying to build. Honestly, this is one of the most exciting times in crypto because all of the price hype will die out in a bear market (crypto’s dead!), and the developers can focus on actually building out usable technology.

it is almost as hilarious as the bitcoin is digital gold and a store of a value we have heard for years

KEY POINTS
  • The price of bitcoin fell 9% in 24 hours to $19,217.81, according to Coin Metrics data. The last time bitcoin fell below that level was December 2020.
  • Ether, the second-largest token, plunged 10% to $997.75, its lowest level since January 2021.
  • Crypto investors are grappling with aggressive interest rate hikes from the U.S. Federal Reserve and a worsening liquidity crunch.

KEY POINTS
  • The price of bitcoin fell 9% in 24 hours to $19,217.81, according to Coin Metrics data. The last time bitcoin fell below that level was December 2020.
  • Ether, the second-largest token, plunged 10% to $997.75, its lowest level since January 2021.
  • Crypto investors are grappling with aggressive interest rate hikes from the U.S. Federal Reserve and a worsening liquidity crunch.

Isn't the whole point of crypto that it is decoupled from the financial system so it doesn't matter what the banks do

KEY POINT
Let me correct this:
Crypto investors are grappling with the fact that they bought something totally useless in possibly the largest con job in modern history.

Last edited:
Look me correct this:
Crypto investors are grappling with the fact that they bought something totally useless in possibly the largest con job in modern history.
I think 3-4 coins will survive this winter of crypto. I am not a huge believer in crypto but to me it makes about much sense as gold bars or modern art in that people attach value to things others would consider worthless.

Some analysts on Wall Street even believe the fallout of failed crypto projects are a good thing for the sector overall — a sort of stress test to wash out the obvious business model flaws.

“The collapse of weaker business models such as TerraUSD and Luna is likely healthy for the long term health of this sector,” said Alkesh Shah, global crypto and digital asset strategist at Bank of America.

Shah says the weakness in the crypto and digital assets sector is part of the broader risk asset correction. Rather than driving the economy down, crypto prices are tracking tech equities lower, as both succumb to pressure from greater macroeconomic forces, including spiraling inflation and a seemingly endless succession of Fed rate hikes.

“Higher than expected rate hikes coupled with recession risk has broadly hit risk assets including software and crypto/digital assets. With central banks globally tightening, my strategy colleagues expect central banks to take about $3 trillion of liquidity from markets globally,” continued Shah.

Mati Greenspan, the CEO of crypto research and investment firm Quantum Economics, blames the Fed’s tightening as well.

“Central banks were very quick to print gobs of money when it wasn’t needed, which led to excessive risk taking and reckless build up of leverage in the system. Now that they’re withdrawing the liquidity, the entire world is feeling the pinch.”

Look me correct this:
A purely speculative asset with no intrinsic value is going to drop a lot during a bear market and a recession. Gold is a speculative asset as well but has a 3,000 + year track record as being used for currency and trade.

If you like to buy speculative assets the currently crypto winter is the time to buy crypto like Bitcoin or Ether not when the hype was in full swing.

“Historically, Bitcoin tends to wick -14% to -28% below the 200-week moving average. A -14% wick this time around would translate to a ~$19,000 BTC. A -28% wick would mean Bitcoin could reach as low as ~$15,500 before reversing to the upside.”

A purely speculative asset with no intrinsic value is going to drop a lot during a bear market and a recession. Gold is a speculative asset as well but has a 3,000 + year track record as being used for currency and trade.

If you like to buy speculative assets the currently crypto winter is the time to buy crypto like Bitcoin or Ether not when the hype was in full swing.

“Historically, Bitcoin tends to wick -14% to -28% below the 200-week moving average. A -14% wick this time around would translate to a ~$19,000 BTC. A -28% wick would mean Bitcoin could reach as low as ~$15,500 before reversing to the upside.”
Busted one more key support level and has also broken down it's decade long upend. Who knows for sure, but I wouldn't touch it. Then again, you can't actually touch it... it doesn't even exist in a physical state 🤷

This is the stuff that blows my mind. How do people create historical trends for an asset that has only existed for 10 years? The stock and bond market both just dropped >10%. That's never happened in the history of US markets yet we're going to assign some significance to the few trends that have developed in a speculative asset with the lifespan of a child?

It makes no sense.

6k44v6.jpg

Totally apart from any argument of how useful or useless cryptocurrency might be, now or sometime in the future -

I want to know who the dumb****s were who thought that making a "deposit" aka "staking" coins with an "institution" that promised 17% (or better!) "interest" on those "safe" deposits was anything other than a scam.

Totally apart from any argument of how useful or useless cryptocurrency might be, now or sometime in the future -

I want to know who the dumb****s were who thought that making a "deposit" aka "staking" coins with an "institution" that promised 17% (or better!) "interest" on those "safe" deposits was anything other than a scam.
Celsius has been around since 2017 and their yields on more major assets were more modest like in the 5-6% (in kind) rate. This same rate is being offered by other (still solvent for now....) Deposit companies like Kraken and Gemini. The rates were higher when you took the yield in their own token which made sense since they basically invented it for free which is why the rate was higher. I can see how it had the appearance at least of lower risk since it was matching other institutions even though it clearly wasn't.

You do know that thousands of people fled their homes in panic because Orson Welles told them that the Martians had landed.

• Haha
KEY POINTS
  • Bitcoin fell to about $17,749, and ether fell to about $897 on Saturday afternoon, as the sell-off in the crypto market accelerates.
  • Bitcoin bounced back to around $18,955 and ether was trading at about $955 just after 8 p.m. ET.
  • Bitcoin peaked at $68,789.63 in November.