Be ahead of the curve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
I mean let's see where they are at in 5 years. I bet they'll be rocking.
Nah, in five years someone will come up with an all new scam for everybody to get in on.

"Dude, you gotta get in on crushed gravel! It's trippled in the last 4 days and will replace all world currencies!!"

Members don't see this ad :)
Inflation still raging while the Fed is trying to contract their balance sheet has them trapped. Further interest rate hikes will further crush the economy (and the equities market where the IRS gets the largest share of their tax receipts from capital gains) or give in to social and political pressure and continue to expand the money supply and 4-6% inflation is the new normal. If the latter happens guess which asset which is traded globally 24/7 and is non state digital money will explode in fiat price.

Funny to see some of you dunk on BTC when since March 2020 it has been the best asset running. I guess when it hits 100K I’ll be reading the same type of comments here. But I must say it’s quite entertaining when I pass through. Lol

Inflation still raging while the Fed is trying to contract their balance sheet has them trapped. Further interest rate hikes will further crush the economy (and the equities market where the IRS gets the largest share of their tax receipts from capital gains) or give in to social and political pressure and continue to expand the money supply and 4-6% inflation is the new normal. If the latter happens guess which asset which is traded globally 24/7 and is non state digital money will explode in fiat price.

Funny to see some of you dunk on BTC when since March 2020 it has been the best asset running. I guess when it hits 100K I’ll be reading the same type of comments here. But I must say it’s quite entertaining when I pass through. Lol
You got your El Salvador citizenship lined up yet? Need to get in early before they become the richest country on earth.

• Haha

When appropriately mixed together, stocks, bonds, crypto and real estate can help you lose your money more slowly.
It is called diversification.

Reactions: 1 users
Relax everyone. Ignore that man behind the curtain. Today's move is consolidation for the move to 100,000 in one year, and One. Million. Dollars. in five years!

I'm hearing credible rumors that another tribe in some Asian rock cave community is switching to Bitcoin 😂

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
When was the last time you watched Bambi?
Relax everyone. Ignore that man behind the curtain. Today's move is consolidation for the move to 100,000 in one year, and One. Million. Dollars. in five years!

I'm heading credible rumors that another tribe in some Asian rock cave community is switching to Bitcoin 😂

Crypto going to zero.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
I've never even heard of half of those things so...
Ya Loopring's marketing sucks balls, not to mention the fact that they got too excited about their gamestop partnership and promised a quarterly report worth 10 reports and then failed to deliver on that lol. My primary focus is on ether, now split with bitcoin since (as much as anything can be proven) they have the best track record.

You did a good thing starting this thread back when you did. People ignored you and laughed. They're all salty and continue to post confidently incorrect opinions, that make them look ridiculous. They're beyond help at this point.
Falls under:
This didn't age well.

• Haha
Apparently you do believe that that it will recover…
So when do you typically buy, if not after a 50+% dip? Can you accurately predict the bottom?
No you misinterpreted me. I've been vocal I wouldn't touch this crap, but I understand the technical reality that you eventually get a bounce, ie dead cat, sucker bounce, whatever you want to call it, but no I don't feel it's going to ever have a sustainable recovery so guessing a transient bounce isn't my game here.

Did you end up buying all the way down from 50? I don't take glee in that. I feel bad when people throw away hard earned money, but hopefully people that do learn the lesson of asset bubbles to avoid similar calamities in the future.

Not like stocks are doing any better. I wouldn’t bet for or against anything at this point. Personally, I’m still buying everything on the way down.

Uh stocks are down 20% from start of the year. They have earnings and staff and produce goods and services. These companies are backed by the biggest economy and military in the world. Meanwhile bitcoin and ethereum are down 66% and are backed by uhhh??

Hedge against inflation LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Did you end up buying all the way down from 50? I don't take glee in that. I feel bad when people throw away hard earned money, but hopefully people that do learn the lesson of asset bubbles to avoid similar calamities in the future.
Yes. I’ve been buying since December, and bought more BTC and ETH today.

Uh stocks are down 20% from start of the year. They have earnings and staff and produce goods and services. These companies are backed by the biggest economy and military in the world. Meanwhile bitcoin and ethereum are down 66% and are backed by uhhh??

Hedge against inflation LOL
Yea and for some reason we have meme stocks and companies that continue to remain overvalued despite losing money, spacs and twitter. I’m not defending crypto by any means but nobody is making money these days.

Last edited:
Have you been buying this falling sword all the way done?

There are only 2 Crypto coins one can gamble with: Bitcoin and Ethereum.

They are virtual coins with no intrinsic value. I own them but won't be buying more. I have no idea what they are really worth if anything. But, as long as their are true believers in Crypto, my coins have value.

I guess after FTX I should be glad someone will still pay $16,000 for a virtual coin worth about 2 cents.

You are a true believer in Crypto. I should thank you for keeping my coins above zero. Thank You.

• Haha
unless you're old enough to have heard it contemporaneously

Bump.

I’m starting to scale in.

From the start of this thread, you’d be up 60%.
I am still "up" but what does that mean? Let's look at Solana. The early money is still up but anyone who ought into it later is way down. Ethereum? Bitcoin? They may survive but the risk level is very high. Buying Crypto is like going to Vegas or Sports Betting on the NFL. There are winners and losers but it's not an investment.

This pump was unexpected.

I think it's total garbage, but I'm tempted to buy in the hopes that a larger sucker takes it off my hands for a profit

I think it's total garbage, but I'm tempted to buy in the hopes that a larger sucker takes it off my hands for a profit
Isn’t that investing? I don’t believe the stock market is legit but I’m in it for the same reasons. Btw, I bought a bunch of bitcoin a few weeks back, I sold off some when it got to 21k, so I guess I’m trading bitcoin for the short term but I don’t believe in it either.

My soapbox: We’re good with having these c-suite people make millions, provide really no real level of leadership/solutions in many cases.

Sometimes, these same people lead their businesses to bankruptcy while burning through investments and funding while docs get their salaries and reimbursement cut every year while continuing to lose credibility due to online conspiracy theories, social media networks and mid level encroachment.

In the meantime, hospital admins continue to increase in numbers and pay, crippling the healthcare system that is controlled by all multi-billion dollar businesses and corporations.

So yes, I believe the “system” is corrupt and all securities are total garbage.

Last edited:
Isn’t that investing? I don’t believe the stock market is legit but I’m in it for the same reasons. Btw, I bought a bunch of bitcoin a few weeks back, I sold off some when it got to 21k, so I guess I’m trading bitcoin for the short term but I don’t believe in it either.

My soapbox: We’re good with having these c-suite people make millions, provide really no real level of leadership/solutions in many cases.

Sometimes, these same people lead their businesses to bankruptcy while burning through investments and funding while docs get their salaries and reimbursement cut every year while continuing to lose credibility due to online conspiracy theories, social media networks and mid level encroachment.

In the meantime, hospital admins continue to increase in numbers and pay, crippling the healthcare system that is controlled by all multi-billion dollar businesses and corporations.

So yes, I believe the “system” is corrupt and all securities are total garbage.
Corrupt yes for sure, total agreement, but I wouldn't put legit stock securities on the level of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is on the level of a worthless dot com company, no true value yet an extreme market capitalization based mostly on the greater sucker principle.

On the other hand owning Apple, Merck, PG, Boeing, XOM... you are an actual owner of real multi billion dollars companies. Now the prices may fly all around instead traveling in a neat constant straight line because the emotional traits of fear and greed are constant and always present, but the similarities with Bitcoin basically end there.

I really think a huge number of investors don't fully grasp this concept, that you are an actually owner, and therefore no matter how good or how bad the company is, the stock price can be greatly undervalued or greatly overvalued. The worst company out there can be a better value stock than the best companies in the world.

Bitcoin on the other hand, once you eliminate fear and greed and put all the trading psychology aside, you just aren't left with anything.

Last edited:
I understand the value of a security/asset. I just don’t believe it’s 100% legit. My “absurd critique” is on the “value” that’s placed on it and determined by “the market.”

Maybe it’s because I just watched the Madoff series on Netflix, but the stock market, regulators and billion dollar hedge fund managers influencing the prices isn’t all peachy keen.

With that said, I own stocks, bonds, crypto and just hope I don’t drown swimming with the whales.

Last edited:
This is an absurd critique of the actual stock and bond market and should not be taken seriously by anyone as a real comparison.

A stock is a certificate that entitles you to a piece of a company. Companies that, on the whole, are responsible for literally...everything we see as the modern world. These companies produce oil (Exxon), credit infrastructure (Visa), cars (Ford), phones (Google, Apple), couches (Wayfair), TVs (Samsung), and home goods (Home Depot).

Ownership, even fractional ownership, of a company that produces things entitles you to the profits that a company makes off of that production. These profits are often paid out in dividends, but are more frequently paid out in the form of buybacks of stock by the company itself in order to increase the share price, allowing individuals to avoid the tax complications that cash dividends portend.

Bitcoin is something that is completely unproductive, and is in all likelihood, completely worthless. It's really no different than the vast majority of %&$coins out there, it just happens to be the most widely adopted one, propped up on nonsensical hype and only worth anything in that it can be converted to dollars to buy...valuable things. Ownership of a bitcoin is even less than ownership of the tulips of the 1600s, because in that case, you at least get a tulip.
It's not true Bitcoin has no value. Blockchain technology allows me to send thousands of dollars around the world for a fraction of cents on the dollar. If you sent it with traditional banks, their fees will be hundred of orders of magnitude more expensive and slow. I just don't know what value it should have, but the technology has real, tangible benefits.

I understand the value of a security/asset. I just don’t believe it’s 100% legit. My “absurd critique” is on the “value” that’s placed on it and determined by “the market.”

Maybe it’s because I just watched the Madoff series on Netflix, but the stock market, regulators and billion dollar hedge fund managers influencing the prices isn’t all peachy keen.

With that said, I own stocks, bonds, crypto and just hope I don’t drown swimming with the whales.
Lots of crooks, but their ability to manipulate prices, particularly on larger assets, is greatly exaggerated. People like to blame manipulation when they get run over in a momentum swing.