Be ahead of the curve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After buying the top in 2021 and not buying a single coin since then... I'm finally green! Last year I was down 56% and even more in 2022.

View attachment 383188
Congrats haha

What if you kept buying through the lows :p
or spread out your entry

What’s ur plan? Gonna ride it out to retirement?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
so basically your saying the risk of selling at 100k is not worth it as it may compromise you selling at 300-500k in the next several years as it requires paying taxes then hoping you get in at roughly the right time in the next bear market to make it worthwhile?
Correcto and my time horizon is long anyway I’d rather just accumulate with bigger buys during downturns

right now I am slowing my daily/weekly buys significantly

man I just finally took the time to read the entirety of this thread. my god some of these comments aged like spoiled milk

Congrats haha

What if you kept buying through the lows :p
or spread out your entry

What’s ur plan? Gonna ride it out to retirement?

Hoping to sell ETH around 4-5k by end of this year or early next year. If it's higher, great. Then I'll try to buy during the next bear market. Easier said than done.

Members don't see this ad :)
Correcto and my time horizon is long anyway I’d rather just accumulate with bigger buys during downturns

right now I am slowing my daily/weekly buys significantly

man I just finally took the time to read the entirety of this thread. my god some of these comments aged like spoiled milk
Still could be right or wrong… I won’t bet for or against bitcoin!

60K BTC incoming. Institutions have not stopped buying BTC for their clients (and maybe their balance sheets as well). You can check the flow of BTC from the ETFs here. Only 900 new BTC are mined daily. That’s gonna halve in a couple of months. Meanwhile institutions have been buying 9000 BTC a day.

I wonder what happens if purchasing increases to 20,000 BTC?

https://farside.co.uk/?p=997

Reactions: 1 users
60K BTC incoming. Institutions have not stopped buying BTC for their clients (and maybe their balance sheets as well). You can check the flow of BTC from the ETFs here. Only 900 new BTC are mined daily. That’s gonna halve in a couple of months. Meanwhile institutions have been buying 9000 BTC a day.

Bitcoin ETF Flow – Farside Investors

There's a legit chance we get close to ath before the halving. I feel the fomo of when i was watching at 50k hoping for a pullback to maybe add some. I cannot imagine joe doe sitting watching this thing explode and the same as institutions. I still feel a pullback to mid or low 40s will be great to add. I was probably too conservative of my 60-65k 2024 prediction but I prefer to be pleasantly surprised.

So if everything can go up this quickly the reverse may also be true.

I don't think retail has FOMO yet. The reason I bought the top in 2021 was because my wife wanted to buy. She never talks about stocks or crypto or anything. So far, she has no idea how the markets are doing this year. When she mentions crypto later this year or next, I'll know when to sell.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think retail has FOMO yet. The reason I bought the top in 2021 was because my wife wanted to buy. She never talks about stocks or crypto or anything. So far, she has no idea how the markets are doing this year. When she mentions crypto later this year or next, I'll know when to sell.

That's how we got stuck with arkk

SOL chains meme coins are 100xing like it’s nothing. BONK and WIF insane yet more to come

WIF is now trading at 62 cents. Was 15 cents at the time I made this first post about it last December. If it reaches the peak market cap of shib from last cycle it would mean each WIF token would be worth $40. Zero or hero for me on this one. The hat stays on

Bitcoin ETF Flow – Farside Investors

That was fast!

WIF is now trading at 62 cents. Was 15 cents at the time I made this first post about it last December. If it reaches the peak market cap of shib from last cycle it would mean each WIF token would be worth $40. Zero or hero for me on this one. The hat stays on

Now at 80 cents

• Wow
Still ripping!!

I’m >$100k in the green today 💚

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Today, everyone who bought at the very top and held, can now get out without losing USD (although the purchasing power will be less due to central banking currency debasement)

I’m up 50%!!!!

My $1000 is now worth $1576.02!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I do have a partner that is heavily invested. Breaking bank. Good for you all.
High risk, high reward.

What caused the spike to 63.6k?

I’m up 50%!!!!

My $1000 is now worth $1576.02!
If only I had held after I bought $100-worth when it was $600/Bitcoin.

Price dropped to 300 immediately after. When it recovered, I got out. Could have been worth $10,000 today!

• Wow
Let's go SOL! Another 63% and my bag will be even!

• Haha
DOGE now at 12 cents with a substantial increase in open interest in futures contracts. Things are about to get silly

DOGE now at 12 cents with a substantial increase in open interest in futures contracts. Things are about to get silly
One of my friends mined a ****load of DOGE on a lark way back and held on to it. He didn't sell when it ran up to 60 cents a few years ago though. Think he was holding out for $1. Hope he gets rich this time around. :)

Hard to understand who's paying actual dollars for these meme coins.

If only I had held after I bought $100-worth when it was $600/Bitcoin.

Price dropped to 300 immediately after. When it recovered, I got out. Could have been worth $10,000 today!
wish i had some more zero’s on my bitcoin experiment. 😂

Sold my last bit of bitcoin today, I forgot I had some in some random wallet where I have like 30 💩 coins too low for me to sell… who knows maybe 10 yrs from now, they’ll send me over the moon! What are your guy’s thoughts on Avalanche? Anybody do node projects… let’s just say I got into those late which put a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to crypto.

One of my friends mined a ****load of DOGE on a lark way back and held on to it. He didn't sell when it ran up to 60 cents a few years ago though. Think he was holding out for $1. Hope he gets rich this time around. :)

Hard to understand who's paying actual dollars for these meme coins.

Is this your friend?

• Wow
Sold my last bit of bitcoin today, I forgot I had some in some random wallet where I have like 30 💩 coins too low for me to sell… who knows maybe 10 yrs from now, they’ll send me over the moon! What are your guy’s thoughts on Avalanche? Anybody do node projects… let’s just say I got into those late which put a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to crypto.

Don't know anything about AVAX but I remember it was almost in the top ten market caps last time. If the other big alts like SOL and ADA hit all time highs then im sure AVAX will too.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-lawmakers-block-sec-rules-that-stops-banks-crypto-custody

US lawmakers advance resolution to get banks in on crypto custody

The House Financial Services Committee has voted to advance a resolution that could overturn the controversial Staff Accounting Bulletin No. 121.

The United States House Financial Services Committee (HSFC) has voted in favor of a resolution that seeks to overturn a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission guideline that has prevented banks from getting in on crypto custody.

In a Feb. 29 markup hearing, 31 HSFC members from both sides of the political aisle voted in favor of the resolution, with 20 members voting against it.

“By overturning SAB 121, the Resolution will ensure consumers are protected by removing roadblocks that prevent highly regulated banks from acting as custodians of digital assets,” said the House Financial Services Committee in a statement.

The SEC’s Staff Accounting Bulletin No. 121 — introduced in March 2022 — is a set of guidelines that requires institutions that custody crypto assets to record crypto holdings as liabilities on their balance sheets.

Republican Congressperson Mike Flood, the lawmaker who introduced the resolution, said that the SAB 121 was unfair for banks looking to custody crypto, as custodial assets are “always considered off-balance sheet,” which includes securities and digital assets, such as Bitcoin.

“If a bank were to custody digital assets according to the parameters of SAB 121, the on-balance sheet treatment would affect their other regulatory obligations like their capital and liquidity requirements,” Flood added.

The resolution was introduced on Feb. 1 by Flood and Democrat Representative Wiley Nickel, who said that SAB 121 went “beyond the scope of an accounting bulletin” and had effectively become a de facto law.

Notably, the resolution still needs to pass a full floor vote in the House and the Senate before SAB 121 is thrown out.

Speaking at the markup hearing, crypto-friendly Republican Congressperson Tom Emmer said that SAB 121 was an “illegal” example of SEC Char Gary Gensler’s “unrelenting prejudice towards the digital asset ecosystem.”

Related: SEC seeks comments on Bitwise, Grayscale Bitcoin ETF options

Emmer said SAB 121 introduced “unnecessary and avoidable” concentration risk into the crypto ecosystem.

“The Bitcoin ETFs are a great example. Not a single bank provides the custodial services for any of the eleven approved ETFs. This is risky,” he added.

On the other hand, Democrat Congressperson Maxine Waters, one of the lawmakers who voted against the resolution, said that the move to rescind SAB 121 was an “ironic” move from crypto-friendly politicians.

“We often hear Republicans and the crypto industry complain about a lack of clarity from the SEC, but ironically, the resolution before us effectively blocks the SEC staff from providing that clarity around crypto,” she said.

SABs are not enforceable laws under the SEC’s purview. Instead, they are a series of non-binding guidelines used by SEC staff to help companies clarify how crypto firms should account for customer crypto holdings.

SABs do not require public notice or comment periods like other more formal rules.

The banks are thirsty and they’re lobbying to change the laws. Funny how that works. lol

WIF over a dollar now. See my post history. Giving yall 10xers. Still not too late to get in the train no major exchange listing yet

WIF over a dollar now. See my post history. Giving yall 10xers. Still not too late to get in the train no major exchange listing yet
****coin on a **** chain. it’s definitely alt season but I don’t see any reason to chase these greed plays even as a younger higher risk investor

I’m happy for you bud, but ethereum is as risky as I get with my investments.

I’m happy for you bud, but ethereum is as risky as I get with my investments.
Never thought I’ll see the day etherium was considered a conservative investment. My have times changed and quickly!

• Haha

How do you buy it?

Never thought I’ll see the day etherium was considered a conservative investment. My have times changed and quickly!
I’ve seen people on YouTube refer to BTC as “the Boomer Coin” 😂

• Haha

I mean it fell to 800 last year. It's not exactly "safe" at these levels.

I have no idea what that means. I would probably screw it up and lose all my money 😂

Yeah same. I'll just stay poor and watch the rest of you get rich LoL.

Will there ever be an option to make an index fund of some sort for crypto? Instead of buying BTC, ETH, SOL, ADA, AVAX etc separately can we buy like a VOO version of a crypto ETF?

lol how is SOL a ****ty chain. This is SOL’s cycle
Lol sure thing

Solana’s main net went down for half a day last month for no good reason. Same thing happened last year too. That absolutely makes it ****ty and centralized. VC funded chain with activity propped up by meme coins will tank faster than anything else as soon as market greed slows down. Good luck not holding those bags at the end.

What’s funny is I probably have more SOL than most but I’m absolutely selling my bags over the next couple weeks and taking profit.

Please tell me your thesis for this “being SOL’s cycle” that doesn’t involve greedy meme coins

Yeah same. I'll just stay poor and watch the rest of you get rich LoL.

Will there ever be an option to make an index fund of some sort for crypto? Instead of buying BTC, ETH, SOL, ADA, AVAX etc separately can we buy like a VOO version of a crypto ETF?
Defi versions of these exist on eth mainnet and L2s. It was very popular last cycle

Lol sure thing

Solana’s main net went down for half a day last month for no good reason. Same thing happened last year too. That absolutely makes it ****ty and centralized. VC funded chain with activity propped up by meme coins will tank faster than anything else as soon as market greed slows down. Good luck not holding those bags at the end.

What’s funny is I probably have more SOL than most but I’m absolutely selling my bags over the next couple weeks and taking profit.

Please tell me your thesis for this “being SOL’s cycle” that doesn’t involve greedy meme coins

Speed and cost of transactions. SOL will be third largest crypto coin by market cap this cycle.

Speed and cost of transactions. SOL will be third largest crypto coin by market cap this cycle.

Unfortunately, that doesn’t make it not a sh**coin. Many have come and gone, many have made people rich and people poor, doesn’t make it any less useless. Pure hype and greed, IMO. Don’t be a bagholder.

I’ve seen people on YouTube refer to BTC as “the Boomer Coin” 😂

Its gonna get the boomer money before any other thats for sure. They gonna hear 1-3% and be like yeah yeah whatever thats fine.

I have a very strong feeling that while we may come close to ATH before halving we won't break it. Even if we do slightly it then corrects to mid or low 50s and sideways till q3-q4 like clockwork. Remember banks want in now too and a bunch of the big wigs vanguard, BOA, meryl lynch, Schwab, morgan stanley and various etfs around the world are imo going to make sure it doesn't get out of control till their bags are packed.

Its gonna get the boomer money before any other thats for sure. They gonna hear 1-3% and be like yeah yeah whatever thats fine.

I have a very strong feeling that while we may come close to ATH before halving we won't break it. Even if we do slightly it then corrects to mid or low 50s and sideways till q3-q4 like clockwork. Remember banks want in now too and a bunch of the big wigs vanguard, BOA, meryl lynch, Schwab, morgan stanley and various etfs around the world are imo going to make sure it doesn't get out of control till their bags are packed.
I would love to see one more significant pullback/correction so I can grab some more.

Lol sure thing

Isn't Firedancer upgrade supposed to fix that?

What's your price target? You are going to sell before it hits ATH? Asking because my average is $200 LoL.