Beating a dead horse... typos in a secondary.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amph119

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just realized that on one of my secondary applications I wrote "... an ability that I now tapped into then and now on a regular basis." I don't quite know how that happened, it must have been a bad combination of cutting and pasting.

I know that the general consensus is no, but since it happened to ME, I have to ask. Will it matter?

Members don't see this ad.

:( I was so sad when I read that. I can't believe I missed it.

Members don't see this ad :)
No top 4% MCAT score can save you from the Department of Redundancy Department! To the Caribbean with you!

Thank you, I needed that :D feel free to slap me silly if you get a chance.

I just realized that on one of my secondary applications I wrote "... an ability that I now tapped into then and now on a regular basis." I don't quite know how that happened, it must have been a bad combination of cutting and pasting.

I know that the general consensus is no, but since it happened to ME, I have to ask. Will it matter?

For you? Yes... of course it will matter... enjoy reapplying :D

But seriously... you know you'll be fine.

At least they'll know you wrote your own essay. Don't think of it as redundancy. You should think of it as double emphasis, you should.

As long as you didn't use any winking emoticons in your essay, I think you're fine.

Hey. It shows that you're not a robot. I'm sorry if you wanted to get into WashU.

However, with your GPA, MCAT, and LORs, I'm sure you'll be alright.